• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Fokker D.21 fighter for FSX

Dutcheeseblend

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hello guys,

I thought I'd introduce you to the Dutch Defender of may 1940. It's the Fokker D.21, a fighter with a Bristol Mercury engine. Used by the Dutch, Danish and Finnish airforces in WWII.
I'm creating this in Blender, for FSX. Hope you enjoy!

Fok_D21.PNG

BriMer8.png

Last edited:

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Very nice indeed :)

Dutcheeseblend

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Thanks!

Made this shot just to check if I'm still able to get a model into FS;)

Shot_FS01.jpg

I'm still working on the right shape of the fuselage.

Last edited:

Dutcheeseblend

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Been working on the cowling, in my opinion it's finished now.

Edit: just after this post, I discovered that the placement of the exhaust was not correct. It is corrected now, as you can see in the second pic.

Last edited:

Dutcheeseblend

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Update! This is what it's looking like now!

But, about the engine, is it good? Enough detail, or too much? What's your opinion?

Last edited:

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Enough detail for me.

You could of course do an ultra-detailed engine, but then you'd have to implement a removable cowling for folks to marvel at it. :D

Dutcheeseblend

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Yeah, think this is OK! I'll have to optimize the engine a bit though.. And, texturing can do a lot. The Bristol Mercury VIII cooling fins are to fine to model for FS, so that could be done using some texturing.

Update for today! I added the Goertz-gunsight, as used on the Dutch Fokkers. Furthermore, I edited the rudder.

Attachments

• gunsight_01.PNG
    gunsight_01.PNG
    209.2 KB · Views: 901
  • gunsight_02.PNG
    gunsight_02.PNG
    127.6 KB · Views: 1,038
  • tail02.PNG
    tail02.PNG
    90.1 KB · Views: 950
Last edited:

Dutcheeseblend

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands

And there's an update!

I added the wheel struts, wheel caps and did some detail at the tail control surfaces (trimtabs, though not visible here, hinges and struts).

Greetzz!

Attachments

• CaptureNwT.PNG
    CaptureNwT.PNG
    140.9 KB · Views: 888
  • FokD12pr3.PNG
    FokD12pr3.PNG
    131.3 KB · Views: 876
  • FokD12pr4.PNG
    FokD12pr4.PNG
    117.2 KB · Views: 942
  • untitled1.png
    untitled1.png
    304.9 KB · Views: 967
  • wheelstrut.PNG
    wheelstrut.PNG
    80.9 KB · Views: 934
Last edited:

Dutcheeseblend

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Finally another update!
I added:
- Flaps
- Propellor
- Lights
- Trimtabs on the ailerons
- Tailwheel and main wheels

The project is looking better now, the exterior is almost finished now.
I will add interior after modelling of the internal model.

Attachments

• persp_upd_04.PNG
    persp_upd_04.PNG
    158.2 KB · Views: 921
  • persp_upd_01.PNG
    persp_upd_01.PNG
    151.8 KB · Views: 973
  • flaps_upd_02.PNG
    flaps_upd_02.PNG
    30.8 KB · Views: 923
  • tail_upd_03.PNG
    tail_upd_03.PNG
    174.4 KB · Views: 936

Dutcheeseblend

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
The last days, I've been working on the interior. The frame of tubes was made first, after that the panel, still empty.

Attachments

• int_cock_01.PNG
    int_cock_01.PNG
    188.3 KB · Views: 881
  • int_cock_02.PNG
    int_cock_02.PNG
    145.8 KB · Views: 927
  • int_pan_03.png
    int_pan_03.png
    929.7 KB · Views: 840

Dutcheeseblend

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands

I found some time to add the majority of the gauges this night! After finishing the main panel, I will pay attention to the left side of the cockpit, with ao the throttle quadrant.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• int_pan_04.png
    int_pan_04.png
    951.4 KB · Views: 879

Dutcheeseblend

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Update for tonight!

Added the majority of instruments to the panel, only a few details are missing still.

Attachments

• int_panel_01.png
    int_panel_01.png
    970.6 KB · Views: 988
Country
spain
It look promising, the modelling is great. I'd like to make an airplane but the cockpit is what make me step backward. all those gauges and coding, animations etc. :duck:

hairyspin

Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
You build it one step at a time Bernardo: it may look daunting but aircraft exterior modeling looks daunting to start with too. Animations and coding don't have to be uber-complex to start with, just use the default modeldef.xml systems. You can impersonate Bill Leaming later as experience and confidence grow. ;)

You're no novice with Blender, Dutcheeseblend!

Country
spain
thanks for the advices, but I almost can't cope with modelling . I feel like "or modelling or virtual cockpit creations".all this seem like a huge task. anyway who know...:cool:

Dutcheeseblend

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
@hairyspin: Thank you! I'm working with Blender for almost four years now;)

@bernardo: Just try:)! Before I started with this VC, I felt my project as nearly abandoned. But... just start and try! Work structural. Begin with the basic shape, let then follow everything in a logic order. And, now what you're modelling. I have the ability to read a book about the Fokker during breaks at work (I've looked at the photographs for a hundreds of times) and discover what the model should be. And again, in a structural way!
Well, just my approach;)