• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS Folder structure never changed, but now models fail to be recognized on package build

Country
us-ohio
the strangest of problems. i have been moving right along, adding new models to a airport and it seems as if suddenly the package building process has gone wrong.
I have added 20 or so buildings up to this point - with many more to go, the ground texturing and everything involving the ground/taxiways/aprons is all 100% complete.
i am now focusing on the models, and up to this point haven't had anything go wrong that i couldn't figure out.
first i was having issues getting the textures to show on a rather large model, but this was resolved by doing some retexturing and bring the texture count down. now the model will show.
But the very next time i went to add a few more models (doing Nothing differently) the simple 4-texture-sheet-models will not show the textures.
right before this happened i added jetways and taxiway parking to a large terminal.
Now I'm getting all kinds of errors when building the package, just to add more buildings.

Being unable to make any progress, wasting untold hours trying to figure out what might've gone wrong - i decided to start over from scratch with a whole brand new file/xml/everything...just to see if the xml got messed up somewhere along the line.
doing this, i was able to get all the ground/markings/taxiways/ AI paths/ everything even the jetways are there, but no trace of any building models...

if i revert to the previous version, i have all the models I've added up to a certain point, then after about the 20th or so model, now i can get the models into the scenery, but there are no textures on the last 6 or so I've added... all are in the same folder structure, the ones that are working are sitting in folders right next to the ones that ARE working, I would prefer to keep working on THIS version, because it has the most progress.

I didn't change anything, i didn't do anything differently, its like the sim is just saying - no more models buddy!

HERE is the new version of the file structure, after making a brand new folder, and trying from scratch. Is there something that Im obviously overlooking or missing. (and BTW all the models are working and can confirm via 3d veiwers and MCX)
in this version i get NO models showing in the sim.

Screenshot_7.jpgScreenshot_8.jpgScreenshot_9.jpgScreenshot_10.jpgScreenshot_11.jpgScreenshot_12.jpgScreenshot_13.jpg

Now on the earlier version that Does show the models, there's a whole other problem seemingly, it looks like the package has stopped writing the Business, layout, and manifest files when building the package. it looks like its missing a modellib.bgl file too, that should be located in the scenery folder along with the TEXTURES folder.

(next post)

Attachments

• Screenshot_15.jpg
    Screenshot_15.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 61
  • Screenshot_16.jpg
    Screenshot_16.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 67
  • Screenshot_17.jpg
    Screenshot_17.jpg
    222.3 KB · Views: 60
Country
us-ohio
(continuation)

here are the screenshots showing the file structure of my first (preferred) version.

Screenshot_14.jpgScreenshot_15.jpgScreenshot_16.jpgScreenshot_17.jpgScreenshot_18.jpgScreenshot_19.jpgScreenshot_20.jpgScreenshot_21.jpgScreenshot_22.jpgScreenshot_23.jpg

Whatever happened here, happened without me knowing. If anyone would mind taking a look at this, i would appreciate it IMMENSELY as I am at this moment stuck in the mud. like i have said before, it would be nice to be able to focus on building the airport - RATHER that trying to keep the SDK working properly...I've never seen anything like this sim, where something will work one day and completely fail the next..

Thanks for viewing and anything you can suggest will be welcome!

Country
us-ohio
Do you have any errors at compilation?
its honestly hard for me to read the output text, or make sense of what its trying to say, i will post the notepad of the package build for my first(preferred) version.
this attachment is the most current.
thanks!!

Attachments

• error text 4.txt
    212.1 KB · Views: 96
Country
us-ohio
this is in sim,

Screenshot_25.jpg

Screenshot_26.jpg

Screenshot_27.jpg

noticed the strange / and \ on the output dir, which keeps changing itself!

so i selected the proper folder in the packages...

Screenshot_28.jpg

and ran the build package but it didnt seem to fix it. this has been done a few times before also, no solution.
i saved the build text from running this one too....

Attachments

• error text 5.txt
    217.2 KB · Views: 87
Country
us-ohio
fixed the backslashes to forward in xml and no difference, still not writing the modellib.bgl for packages - this has to be a bug....
Screenshot_29.jpg

Country
russia
it looks like some of your textures, presumably on the new object, are of incompatible size. Check your texture sizes in pixels, they should be a power of 4 each.

Country
us-ohio
I can only base myself on what I see from your error log. It does report problems with texture compilation...
I cant figure out how to resolve it, because we corrected them, but it still says that there's a problem I guess, with 16 and the pbr parts. even if i remve that texture it still wont resolve and make the package a working package, its stuck not wrting the manifest, business and the layout. never had that issue before, even when other textures would fail.

Country
russia
its stuck not wrting the manifest, business and the layout.
That's exactly what it does when there are incompatible textures in the Packagesources. I would double check them. Some people erroneously think the texture sizes should be power of 2, but they should be power of 4. Check also this one: TEXTURE\!TERMINALBRIDGE1_MATERIAL_149_2.PNG.

Country
us-ohio
so like 128x512 wont work then?
i know mcx made the textures for the !terminalbridge1 materials.
i will check that one, the other ones that arent working are 2048 x 2048 and 4096x4096; and they arent working either, that was my main concern...the terimalbridge is gonna get reworked
ill remove the odd ones and test without the termbridge model