• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FS2004 FP validation

Country
us-virginia
Hi every one, Iam new to AIFP, I have some knowledge not much on AI traffic planing. I have UT2 on FSX, its ok, i don't have to tinker with anything much. I have mostly WOAI & GA-Traffic on FS9, however I don't get the high level of AI traffic on fs9(with sliders far left) as I get on fsx, some how now i want more AI on fs9 but want to do it myself if I can. I tried AITM & y route, then just found AIFP, I looked better so I decided to stick with it. Read the manual still need some time to digest it also, also read a lot of the post on the forum, found a lot of helpful tips but nothing on what I want to ask here today.

1) After validating my GA-traffic file, the report contains a huge amount of
" Departure scheduled before or very close to arrival time of previous leg".
This is just one file of a few 100's of such errors out of more than 25 files.
does this observation/error affect the FP file? can I fix it?,how?.

2) Also I have almost 25 airline packages from WOAI, can I combine/merge all
of them into one Traffic file? using AIFP?.

The reason is, if Iam looking for all traffic at one airport i have to
de-compile all the individual airline traffic files, this is a lot of work.

anyway I'll stop here. I hope some one can help/explain how to resolve these two questions thanks a million.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
The only way to fix it is change the arrival or departure times oif the offending legs. The message is simply telling you that there is less than 5 minutes between scheduled arrival and the next departure - not a very realistic schedule. Nonetheless, if it generates the traffic you want, ignore the messages. (You can turn them off from the Options menu.)

I don't see how merging all these files into one changes anything. You can merge them with AIFP - but one at a time.

Don

Country
england
You do not have to decompile your flight plans as Don recently added "Identify aircraft that visit selected airport" under the file menu
if you hover your mouse over this a box appears on the right.
Type in your selected ICAO then click on " Identify aircraft that visit etc" follow the prompts that lead to where your flightplan bgl are stored

Once AIFP has completed its search then it will list all visiting aircraft to your ICAO.

Please not this will not include your UT2 flights

Dave Butler

Country
us-virginia
I will leave the GA-traffic validation report alone since most of it is TNG, and it doesn't affect traffic display.I will also leave merging traffic files for now.

I was trying to find out the level of ai traffic into my New Dehli (VIDP) airport
It seemed kinda low on ai,but this was because of the addon scenery file i had installed, I had to download a different one. now traffic looks better.

I will use the suggestion that Dave mentioned to view airport traffic, & read more.

Thanks a million Don & Dave for the quick respond.
:)