• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FS2004 FS2004 Apron Vertex with bias instead of lat/lon?

Country
us-florida
Greetings,

I'm trying to use XML to create a "generic" airfield that I can place anywhere I want in a project I've been working on. Its purposely small (about 1km x 1km in size, or 3,000' x 3,000') with grass runways in an "X" pattern. I would like to create this airfield as generic as possible in order to use it pretty much anywhere I want with only a few changes for excludes, flattens, and general tweaking once imported into ADE. I'm trying to do as much as I can in XML so that all I really have to do is change the lat/lon for the ARP in XML and then do the least amount of work in ADE since all the airports are going to be basically the same. Call it a "cookie-cutter" design, if you will.

The reason I'm trying to do this as a square is because, in real life, pilots would take off and land in any direction depending on which way the wind was blowing. I was able to draw a field in GIMP at a scale of 1 pixel = 1 meter. My 1,000 x 1,000 pixel drawing allowed me to place things where I want them with bias numbers from the ARP which is located where the two runways intersect. Since FS9 AI requires you to include parking, taxi points, pathways, etc, I had to place these things in the airport as well. Once in the project I don't have to change anything since the bias works off the ARP.

With the taxi points and the objects I was able to do this via the "biasx" and "biasz" option without any issues. I got the distances from the drawing (i.e. the number of pixels from the center point ARP) and just placed things at my heart's content.

The issue I'm having now is trying to place an apron using the same commands on the vertex points for the apron as I did for the objects (i.e. the biasx and biasz). It appears that I can put a fuel box with the vertex bias in a scenery object area, but I can't put an apron in the facility data area with the vertex bias in the same way.

It's no big deal if I can't since most of the airports I'm going to drop into FS9 this way will be grass or dirt fields, but it would be nice to have a "generic slab" of concrete or asphalt on one of the sides with the buildings or objects. I can add it to the specific fields later in ADE, but was hoping not to have to. The more things I can do in XML by using the drawing I made, the better.

Does anyone have any idea what I may be doing wrong with the apron vertices and their bias numbers?

Here's the image:

1x1_km_Airfield.png

The gray areas at the top are the "foundations" for the terminals, hangars, beacon tower, etc, as well as the ramps. By rotating the image I can have the area either at the bottom, right, or left, depending on the place I'm trying to place the field and how the surrounding area is (default roads, mostly).

The flatten and excludes are inserted in ADE with the top and bottom corners as usual. The four corner lat/lon coordinates for the flatten are used in SBuilder9 to create the background and the terrain items. I do this by making a txt file that goes with a bmp version of the image which contains the lat/lon info. That way everything matches.

As you can see, it would be easier if I didn't have to redo the ramps every single time. Again, I'm trying to make a template of a generic airport that I can place anywhere by changing the ARP and header info at the beginning of the <Airport section.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Jorge

Last edited:

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
As far as I can tell the vertex element only has two attributes - latitude and longitude

1597555244240.png

Country
us-florida
Jon,

Thanks for the reply. Is this for the Apron? I've been able to use the bias for objects and fuel, but not for the Apron.

My second question would be with regards to the xsd which you quoted. Would I be able to just "copy" the bias part from the fuel object or the other objects to the apron part you quoted above? Would that work? I've never tried it since the last time I tried to change anything there I broke it. ;)

I'm using Notepad++ for my work, if it makes a difference by the way.

Thanks for the help!

Jorge
Miami, FL

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Vertex are used for a number of elements other than aprons. Apron Edge Lights, Boundary Fences and so on. I would not change the schema. It is the gate keeper to the compiler. Changing the schema without changing the compiler also would cause errors or nothing happening.

Country
us-florida
Thanks for the reply, Jon.

When you say,

Vertex are used for a number of elements other than aprons. Apron Edge Lights, Boundary Fences and so on. I would not change the schema. It is the gate keeper to the compiler. Changing the schema without changing the compiler also would cause errors or nothing happening.

I'm still fuzzy. I understand you're explanation that vertices are used on many things. My question is how is it that I can set something like a taxiway point via the bias, but not the apron, and can something be done to "correct" the issue. I'm not that familiar with the relation between the xsd and the compiler. I was under the impression that the xsd was more of a "guide" for the xml so that when it went to the compiler the xml would be processed properly.

The way I'm understanding this as explained is like this: you can use bias to set many things, but anything with a vertex - with the exception of a trigger which is considered an object - must be done via a lat/lon that is location specific. Is this correct?

If there is no way to correct this by simply adding the bias section to the <Apron section of the xsd, would it be possible to make a note in the SDK download area of issues like this? I'm not sure if P3D or FSX have different "rules" for such things, but it seems that nothing has ever been posted on the deficiencies of the various SDK's. At least none that I can find, anyway. Here would be my contribution (if this is true, that is):

BGLCOMP SDK NOTE: The SDK was originally released with several faults. One of these concerns the placement of vertices using the methods that are described in the document. Please be advised that the only way to place vertices in the <Apron section is by the use of lat/lon. The use of bias as described will not work with the <Apron section of the Facilities Data entry. Other items described in the SDK that can be placed with bias entries, to include the fuel trigger, should not have any issues. This note applies only for those that wish to tweak or make the airports or the scenery with only xml and should not be an issue for those that are using WYSIWYG programs.

My apologies if there is a listing somewhere of these SDK errors. If there is, I just haven't found it.

Thanks for your patience with someone who still uses a flip-phone. ;)

Jorge
Miami, FL

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Hmmm I looked at the FS2004 SDK dated Feb 2004 and this seems document a vertex as bias based. and coordinate based. I think you are saying that a bug in the compiler makes it possible only to use coord based for aprons. Is that correct?

Country
us-florida
Jon,

Yep, that's what I was wondering. The only difference is that I was under the impression the SDK was incorrect. Could it be the compiler that's messed up?

I ran into a thread somewhere and you had posted something about the xsd being modified by someone? I'll have to look it up again, but it was something about xsd corrections of typos by someone. If it wasn't you it may have been one of the other moderators.

I also got a new error yesterday when saving the file with the <TaxiwayPath element that has the attributes of drawSurface= and drawDetail= in the element. They are both unacceptable in that element according to the warning I get. It doesn't matter whether the type is "TAXI" or "PATH". My guess is that if you want the surface of your "taxiway" to show you should use "TAXI" for the type. If you don't want a surface to show, then you just use "PATH" instead, and just ignore those particular attributes all together.

After deleting the drawSurface= and drawDetail= attribute lines from the <TaxiwayPath elements I didn't get any errors when saving the xml.

Have you heard any of this before? Also, have any of the designers in FSX or P3D tried to do what I'm doing? (i.e. - make a small, generic airport in xml with only a few tweaks and changes in ADE). My guess is that this would be best for generic GA grass strips in the latter two. I know you can skip the SBuilder portion in FSX and P3D since ADE can do terrain for those, so the xml coding would just be quicker if you wanted to have a base "field" you could drop anywhere and finish in ADE.

I'll go ahead and type up my notes for the Wiki if you want. I'm hoping some of this can help you with coding the next update of ADE in some way.

Thanks for everything!

Regards,

Jorge
Miami, FL

Country
us-florida
Jon,

The errors I'm getting are from the xml program (Notepad++) as it reads the xsd when I save the xml file there, not the ADE run. ADE works fine when importing the xml as long as there aren't any issues with the xml file to begin with.

Sorry for the confusion.

Jorge
Miami, FL

Country
us-florida
Jon,

Did a test with the FSX SDK (which I assume is also used for P3D from what I've read) which I have from the FSX:Gold CD's I own.

I did a slight change to the xml in order to comply with the FSX SDK, particularly with the fencing. I'm unable to get ADE to read the file despite the fact I did a copy/paste from the FSX SDK (the html looking one that is in the form of a help file). Here's my code for a simple grass strip in FL with VASI:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
<FSData
    version="9.0"
    xmlns:xsi='http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance'
    xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="bglcomp.xsd" >
<!-- MAIN AIRPORT -->
<Airport
    region="North America"
    country="United States"
    state="Florida"
    city="Miami-Dade-County"
    name="Generic Grass Airfield"
    lat="25.75"
    lon="-80.6"
    alt="8F"
    magvar="0.0"
    ident="KZZZ">
<!-- BOUNDARY FENCE -->
<!-- This particular setup has an opening 40m wide at top. -->
<!-- This should be enough for a two-lane road. -->
<!-- Fence is the default 2 meter extrusion. -->
    <BoundaryFence
        profile="{9093AC0C-FB5E-433d-9E2B-C19D637EA664}" >
            <Vertex
                biasX="1000"
                biasZ="-20"/>
            <Vertex
                biasX="1000"
                biasZ="-1000"/>
            <Vertex
                biasX="-1000"
                biasZ="-1000"/>
            <Vertex
                biasX="-1000"
                biasZ="1000"/>
            <Vertex
                biasX="1000"
                biasZ="1000"/>
            <Vertex
                biasX="1000"
                biasZ="20"/>
    </BoundaryFence>
    <!-- This tower view is at 150 feet high. -->
    <!-- The coordinates are at the ARP and can be moved later in ADE. -->
    <Tower
        lat="25.75"
        lon="-80.6"
        alt="150F"/>
    <!-- Generic GRASS runway going east to west. -->
    <!-- Location is the ARP for this purpose. -->
    <Runway
        lat="25.75"
        lon="-80.6"
        alt="8F"
        surface="GRASS"
        heading="90"
        length="1000"
        width="50"
        number="EAST"
        designator="NONE"
        patternAltitude="1000F"
        primaryTakeoff="YES"
        primaryLanding="YES"
        primaryPattern="LEFT"
        secondaryTakeoff="YES"
        secondaryLanding="YES"
        secondaryPattern="LEFT">
        <!-- Not needed, but placed in case someone wants markings on grass. -->
        <Markings
            edges="FALSE"
            threshold="FALSE"
            fixedDistance="FALSE"
            touchdown="FALSE"
            dashes="FALSE"
            ident="FALSE"
            precision="FALSE"
            edgePavement="FALSE"
            singleEnd="FALSE"
            primaryClosed="FALSE"
            secondaryClosed="FALSE"
            primaryStol="FALSE"
            secondaryStol="FALSE"/>
        <!-- Not needed, but placed for night lighting. -->
        <Lights
            center="NONE"
            edge="LOW"
            centerRed="FALSE"/>
        <!-- Not needed, but placed to help in approaches. -->
        <Vasi
            end="PRIMARY"
            type="VASI21"
            side="LEFT"
            biasX="30"
            biasZ="300"
            spacing="50"
            pitch="3.10"/>
        <Vasi
            end="SECONDARY"
            type="VASI21"
            side="LEFT"
            biasX="30"
            biasZ="300"
            spacing="50"
            pitch="3.10"/>
    </Runway>
</Airport>
</FSData>

The Notepad++ program saves without any errors. As you can see, if you want to move the airport you just have to change the location and ID info and you're done. You can then use ADE to add the terrain elements. I haven't done any taxiways or parking on this one since I just wanted to give you something to look at. From what I understand, the FSX should not be too far different from the FS9 stuff I'm trying to do.

The main issue with this one (FSX) is that when I try to load the xml into ADE (unlike the FS9 xml which worked) it says this:

Code:
ScruffyDuck Scenery Design Engine Compiling
Using BglComp....

Parsing document: C:\FS9_Util_ADE_175\FSX\work\loadFrom.xml

INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR:  #C2033: XML Parse Error (line, column, error)

ERROR: 26, 17, The attribute 'biasZ' on this element is not defined in the DTD/Schema.

ERROR: 29, 19, The attribute 'biasZ' on this element is not defined in the DTD/Schema.

ERROR: 32, 19, The attribute 'biasZ' on this element is not defined in the DTD/Schema.

ERROR: 35, 18, The attribute 'biasZ' on this element is not defined in the DTD/Schema.

ERROR: 38, 18, The attribute 'biasZ' on this element is not defined in the DTD/Schema.

ERROR: 41, 16, The attribute 'biasZ' on this element is not defined in the DTD/Schema.

INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR:  #C2606: Schema errors detected, compilation failed!

Parse complete!

Not sure if part of the reason is that I'm on another computer (FSX:Steam on Windows 10 64-bit vs. FS9 on Windows 7 64-bit). Also, I may have gotten the GUID wrong for the FSX fencing. I got it from the SDK version of the Extrusions.xml document. If I'm supposed to be using something else please let me know.

Since the error is with regards to the biasZ for the fencing, why would it not be the biasX as well?

When I get back to the Windows 7 computer in a little while I'll try this code there as well and see what happens. I'll also post the FS9 code later as well since that one worked all the way, albeit without the fencing info.

Thanks for the input, Jon, I appreciate it.

Jorge
Miami, FL

PS: I'm using the FSX SDK from the Gold version I have on CD and is installed on both computers. The FSX version I have installed on both computers is the FSX:Steam version I got about two years ago on a sale Steam had for $9.99. My FS9 is the original box CD's from 15 years ago which is on both computers as well along with the SDK I got from this website about 5 years ago or so which is also on both computers. Just wanted to clear that up.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Well It won't go through the compiler here either. The SDK example shows that boundary fences use vertex with coordinates.

1597678425759.png

The Schema (xsd) for FSX shows that a boundary fence is a complex type called ctVectorPlacement. This requires 2 0r more vertex of try ctVertexLL

<xs:complexType name="ctVectorPlacement">
<xs:sequence>
<xs:element name="Vertex" type="ctVertexLL" minOccurs="2" maxOccurs="unbounded" />
</xs:sequence>

The ctVertexLL in turn shows it requires coordinate values

<xs:complexType name="ctVertexLL">
<xs:attribute name="lat" form="unqualified" type="stLatitude" />
<xs:attribute name="lon" form="unqualified" type="stLongitude" />
</xs:complexType>

So the error you are getting is entirely consistent with the schema. I think you are in danger of going in circles or heading down a big hole.

Country
us-florida
Jon,

So what I'm understanding is that the vertices are lat/lon only for aprons and fences in FSX/P3D and lat/lon only for aprons in FS9. Other things, to include the fuel box, can be placed with biasX and biasZ as per the SDK's. This is because one can't change the xsd otherwise it will crash the bglcomp.exe compiler. Correct?

If so, I'll just stick with the FS9-only development and go from there adding the terrain things like flattens and excludes with ADE and landclass and roads with SBuilder9 since that seems to work without any issues.

Here's my FS9 file code for a replacement of KMIA in Miami. I've backed up and removed all the AP, AB, AT, and NV files from all my main scenery folders in order to "backdate" the sim to pre-WW2/GW3 style area. I'm using the SilverWings package for textures and landclass as well. I'm also running most of the files you can get from CalClassic for vintage flying as well, hence the library objects listed. In fact, they're the only airports and navaids I have in the sim (most authors don't delete the default navaids from the AFCAD/ADE files, so they're there even after physically removing the corresponding NV files from the main folders).

The scenery folder in the Name folder has a custom NV file and AT file that I made using xml and bglcomp.exe for a simple route and some ndb's. I also made a generic NV file that holds one (1) VOR that I placed in Antarctica just so the sim doesn't whine about missing navaids. I placed this one in the World folder's scenery folder.

I'll put the code in another reply since I seem to have hit the 20,000 character limit.

Jorge
Miami, FL

Country
us-florida
Jon,

Here's the actual code for FS9. The only error I get is the aforementioned xml errors with Notepad++ when it tries to validate, but I'm able to import the file into ADE without issues. The comments are there just to help me keep things straight on my end:

Code:
<FSData
    version="9.0"
    xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="bglcomp.xsd">
<!-- GEENRIC CIVILIAN FIELD -->
<Airport
    region="North America"
    country="United States"
    state="Florida"
    city="Miami"
    name="Pan American Field"
    lat="25.793249756"
    lon="-80.290555805"
    alt="7.999F"
    magvar="0.0"
    ident="KMIA">
<!-- SAME LOCATION AS AIRPORT ARP FOR GENERIC FIELD TOWER -->
<!-- CAN BE MOVED LATER IN ADE -->
    <Tower
        lat="25.793249756"
        lon="-80.290555805"
        alt="150F"/>
<!-- RUNWAYS -->
    <Runway
        lat="25.793249756"
        lon="-80.290555805"
        alt="7.999F"
        surface="GRASS"
        heading="45.0"
        length="1000"
        width="100"
        number="NORTHEAST"
        designator="NONE"
        patternAltitude="1000F"
        primaryTakeoff="YES"
        primaryLanding="YES"
        primaryPattern="LEFT"
        secondaryTakeoff="YES"
        secondaryLanding="YES"
        secondaryPattern="LEFT">
        <Lights
            center="NONE"
            edge="LOW"
            centerRed="FALSE"/>
        <Vasi
            end="PRIMARY"
            type="PAPI2"
            side="LEFT"
            biasX="60"
            biasZ="400"
            spacing="50"
            pitch="3.0"/>
        <Vasi
            end="SECONDARY"
            type="PAPI2"
            side="LEFT"
            biasX="60"
            biasZ="400"
            spacing="50"
            pitch="3.0"/>
        <RunwayStart
            type="RUNWAY"
            lat="25.793249756"
            lon="-80.290555805"
            alt="7.999F"
            heading="0.0"
            end="PRIMARY"/>
    </Runway>
    <Runway
        lat="25.793249756"
        lon="-80.290555805"
        alt="7.999F"
        surface="GRASS"
        heading="135.0"
        length="1000"
        width="100"
        number="SOUTHEAST"
        designator="NONE"
        patternAltitude="1000F"
        primaryTakeoff="YES"
        primaryLanding="YES"
        primaryPattern="LEFT"
        secondaryTakeoff="YES"
        secondaryLanding="YES"
        secondaryPattern="LEFT">
        <Lights
            center="NONE"
            edge="LOW"
            centerRed="FALSE"/>
        <Vasi
            end="PRIMARY"
            type="PAPI2"
            side="LEFT"
            biasX="60"
            biasZ="400"
            spacing="50"
            pitch="3.0"/>
        <Vasi
            end="SECONDARY"
            type="PAPI2"
            side="LEFT"
            biasX="60"
            biasZ="400"
            spacing="50"
            pitch="3.0"/>
        <RunwayStart
            type="RUNWAY"
            lat="25.793249756"
            lon="-80.290555805"
            alt="7.999F"
            heading="180.0"
            end="SECONDARY"/>
    </Runway>
<!-- PARKING SPOTS -->
    <TaxiwayParking
        index="0"
        biasX="0"
        biasZ="500"
        heading="135"
        radius="20"
        type="GATE_SMALL"
        name="GATE"
        number="1"
        pushBack="NONE"/>
    <TaxiwayParking
        index="1"
        biasX="-45"
        biasZ="500"
        heading="135"
        radius="20"
        type="GATE_SMALL"
        name="GATE"
        number="2"
        pushBack="NONE"/>
<!-- TAXI POINTS -->
    <TaxiwayPoint
        index="0"
        type="NORMAL"
        biasX="-10"
        biasZ="510"/>
    <TaxiwayPoint
        index="1"
        type="NORMAL"
        biasX="-55"
        biasZ="510"/>
    <TaxiwayPoint
        index="2"
        type="NORMAL"
        biasX="-10"
        biasZ="460"/>
    <TaxiwayPoint
        index="3"
        type="NORMAL"
        biasX="-55"
        biasZ="460"/>
    <TaxiwayPoint
        index="4"
        type="NORMAL"
        biasX="-460"
        biasZ="460"/>
    <TaxiwayPoint
        index="5"
        type="NORMAL"
        biasX="-460"
        biasZ="-460"/>
    <TaxiwayPoint
        index="6"
        type="NORMAL"
        biasX="460"
        biasZ="-460"/>
    <TaxiwayPoint
        index="7"
        type="NORMAL"
        biasX="460"
        biasZ="460"/>
    <TaxiwayPoint
        index="8"
        type="NORMAL"
        biasX="-300"
        biasZ="460"/>
    <TaxiwayPoint
        index="9"
        type="HOLD_SHORT"
        orientation="FORWARD"
        biasX="-300"
        biasZ="390"/>
    <TaxiwayPoint
        index="15"
        type="NORMAL"
        biasX="300"
        biasZ="460"/>
    <TaxiwayPoint
        index="16"
        type="HOLD_SHORT"
        orientation="REVERSE"
        biasX="300"
        biasZ="390"/>
    <TaxiwayPoint
        index="17"
        type="NORMAL"
        biasX="-460"
        biasZ="-300"/>
    <TaxiwayPoint
        index="18"
        type="HOLD_SHORT"
        orientation="FORWARD"
        biasX="-385"
        biasZ="-300"/>
    <TaxiwayPoint
        index="19"
        type="NORMAL"
        biasX="300"
        biasZ="-460"/>
    <TaxiwayPoint
        index="20"
        type="HOLD_SHORT"
        orientation="REVERSE"
        biasX="300"
        biasZ="-390"/>
<!-- RUNWAY TAXI POINTS -->
    <TaxiwayPoint
        index="10"
        type="NORMAL"
        biasX="-343.5"
        biasZ="343.5"/>
    <TaxiwayPoint
        index="11"
        type="NORMAL"
        biasX="0"
        biasZ="0"/>
    <TaxiwayPoint
        index="12"
        type="NORMAL"
        biasX="343.5"
        biasZ="-343.5"/>
    <TaxiwayPoint
        index="13"
        type="NORMAL"
        biasX="-343.5"
        biasZ="-343.5"/>
    <TaxiwayPoint
        index="14"
        type="NORMAL"
        biasX="343.5"
        biasZ="343.5"/>
<!-- TAXIWAY PATHS -->
    <TaxiwayPath
        type="PARKING"
        start="0"
        end="0"
        width="30"
        weightLimit="500000"
        surface="GRASS"
        drawSurface="FALSE"
        drawDetail="FALSE"
        centerLine="FALSE"
        centerLineLighted="FALSE"
        leftEdge="NONE"
        leftEdgeLighted="FALSE"
        rightEdge="NONE"
        rightEdgeLighted="FALSE"
        name="0"/>
    <TaxiwayPath
        type="PARKING"
        start="1"
        end="1"
        width="30"
        weightLimit="500000"
        surface="GRASS"
        drawSurface="FALSE"
        drawDetail="FALSE"
        centerLine="FALSE"
        leftEdge="NONE"
        leftEdgeLighted="FALSE"
        rightEdge="NONE"
        rightEdgeLighted="FALSE"
        name="1"/>
    <TaxiwayPath
        type="TAXI"
        start="0"
        end="2"
        width="30"
        weightLimit="500000"
        surface="GRASS"
        drawSurface="FALSE"
        drawDetail="FALSE"
        centerLine="FALSE"
        leftEdge="NONE"
        leftEdgeLighted="FALSE"
        rightEdge="NONE"
        rightEdgeLighted="FALSE"
        name="2"/>
    <TaxiwayPath
        type="TAXI"
        start="1"
        end="3"
        width="30"
        weightLimit="500000"
        surface="GRASS"
        drawSurface="FALSE"
        drawDetail="FALSE"
        centerLine="FALSE"
        leftEdge="NONE"
        leftEdgeLighted="FALSE"
        rightEdge="NONE"
        rightEdgeLighted="FALSE"
        name="3"/>
    <TaxiwayPath
        type="TAXI"
        start="2"
        end="3"
        width="30"
        weightLimit="500000"
        surface="GRASS"
        drawSurface="FALSE"
        drawDetail="FALSE"
        centerLine="FALSE"
        leftEdge="NONE"
        leftEdgeLighted="FALSE"
        rightEdge="NONE"
        rightEdgeLighted="FALSE"
        name="4"/>
    <TaxiwayPath
        type="TAXI"
        start="3"
        end="8"
        width="30"
        weightLimit="500000"
        surface="GRASS"
        drawSurface="FALSE"
        drawDetail="FALSE"
        centerLine="FALSE"
        leftEdge="NONE"
        leftEdgeLighted="FALSE"
        rightEdge="NONE"
        rightEdgeLighted="FALSE"
        name="5"/>
    <TaxiwayPath
        type="TAXI"
        start="8"
        end="4"
        width="30"
        weightLimit="500000"
        surface="GRASS"
        drawSurface="FALSE"
        drawDetail="FALSE"
        centerLine="FALSE"
        leftEdge="NONE"
        leftEdgeLighted="FALSE"
        rightEdge="NONE"
        rightEdgeLighted="FALSE"
        name="6"/>
    <TaxiwayPath
        type="TAXI"
        start="4"
        end="17"
        width="30"
        weightLimit="500000"
        surface="GRASS"
        drawSurface="FALSE"
        drawDetail="FALSE"
        centerLine="FALSE"
        leftEdge="NONE"
        leftEdgeLighted="FALSE"
        rightEdge="NONE"
        rightEdgeLighted="FALSE"
        name="7"/>
    <TaxiwayPath
        type="TAXI"
        start="17"
        end="5"
        width="30"
        weightLimit="500000"
        surface="GRASS"
        drawSurface="FALSE"
        drawDetail="FALSE"
        centerLine="FALSE"
        leftEdge="NONE"
        leftEdgeLighted="FALSE"
        rightEdge="NONE"
        rightEdgeLighted="FALSE"
        name="8"/>
    <TaxiwayPath
        type="TAXI"
        start="5"
        end="19"
        width="30"
        weightLimit="500000"
        surface="GRASS"
        drawSurface="FALSE"
        drawDetail="FALSE"
        centerLine="FALSE"
        leftEdge="NONE"
        leftEdgeLighted="FALSE"
        rightEdge="NONE"
        rightEdgeLighted="FALSE"
        name="9"/>
    <TaxiwayPath
        type="TAXI"
        start="19"
        end="6"
        width="30"
        weightLimit="500000"
        surface="GRASS"
        drawSurface="FALSE"
        drawDetail="FALSE"
        centerLine="FALSE"
        leftEdge="NONE"
        leftEdgeLighted="FALSE"
        rightEdge="NONE"
        rightEdgeLighted="FALSE"
        name="10"/>
    <TaxiwayPath
        type="TAXI"
        start="6"
        end="7"
        width="30"
        weightLimit="500000"
        surface="GRASS"
        drawSurface="FALSE"
        drawDetail="FALSE"
        centerLine="FALSE"
        leftEdge="NONE"
        leftEdgeLighted="FALSE"
        rightEdge="NONE"
        rightEdgeLighted="FALSE"
        name="11"/>
    <TaxiwayPath
        type="TAXI"
        start="7"
        end="2"
        width="30"
        weightLimit="500000"
        surface="GRASS"
        drawSurface="FALSE"
        drawDetail="FALSE"
        centerLine="FALSE"
        leftEdge="NONE"
        leftEdgeLighted="FALSE"
        rightEdge="NONE"
        rightEdgeLighted="FALSE"
        name="12"/>
    <TaxiwayPath
        type="TAXI"
        start="7"
        end="15"
        width="30"
        weightLimit="500000"
        surface="GRASS"
        drawSurface="FALSE"
        drawDetail="FALSE"
        centerLine="FALSE"
        leftEdge="NONE"
        leftEdgeLighted="FALSE"
        rightEdge="NONE"
        rightEdgeLighted="FALSE"
        name="13"/>
    <TaxiwayPath
        type="TAXI"
        start="15"
        end="2"
        width="30"
        weightLimit="500000"
        surface="GRASS"
        drawSurface="FALSE"
        drawDetail="FALSE"
        centerLine="FALSE"
        leftEdge="NONE"
        leftEdgeLighted="FALSE"
        rightEdge="NONE"
        rightEdgeLighted="FALSE"
        name="14"/>
    <TaxiwayPath
        type="TAXI"
        start="8"
        end="9"
        width="30"
        weightLimit="500000"
        surface="GRASS"
        drawSurface="FALSE"
        drawDetail="FALSE"
        centerLine="FALSE"
        leftEdge="NONE"
        leftEdgeLighted="FALSE"
        rightEdge="NONE"
        rightEdgeLighted="FALSE"
        name="15"/>
    <TaxiwayPath
        type="TAXI"
        start="9"
        end="10"
        width="30"
        weightLimit="500000"
        surface="GRASS"
        drawSurface="FALSE"
        drawDetail="FALSE"
        centerLine="FALSE"
        leftEdge="NONE"
        leftEdgeLighted="FALSE"
        rightEdge="NONE"
        rightEdgeLighted="FALSE"
        name="16"/>
    <TaxiwayPath
        type="TAXI"
        start="14"
        end="16"
        width="30"
        weightLimit="500000"
        surface="GRASS"
        drawSurface="FALSE"
        drawDetail="FALSE"
        centerLine="FALSE"
        leftEdge="NONE"
        leftEdgeLighted="FALSE"
        rightEdge="NONE"
        rightEdgeLighted="FALSE"
        name="17"/>
    <TaxiwayPath
        type="TAXI"
        start="16"
        end="15"
        width="30"
        weightLimit="500000"
        surface="GRASS"
        drawSurface="FALSE"
        drawDetail="FALSE"
        centerLine="FALSE"
        leftEdge="NONE"
        leftEdgeLighted="FALSE"
        rightEdge="NONE"
        rightEdgeLighted="FALSE"
        name="18"/>
    <TaxiwayPath
        type="TAXI"
        start="17"
        end="18"
        width="30"
        weightLimit="500000"
        surface="GRASS"
        drawSurface="FALSE"
        drawDetail="FALSE"
        centerLine="FALSE"
        leftEdge="NONE"
        leftEdgeLighted="FALSE"
        rightEdge="NONE"
        rightEdgeLighted="FALSE"
        name="19"/>
    <TaxiwayPath
        type="TAXI"
        start="18"
        end="13"
        width="30"
        weightLimit="500000"
        surface="GRASS"
        drawSurface="FALSE"
        drawDetail="FALSE"
        centerLine="FALSE"
        leftEdge="NONE"
        leftEdgeLighted="FALSE"
        rightEdge="NONE"
        rightEdgeLighted="FALSE"
        name="20"/>
    <TaxiwayPath
        type="TAXI"
        start="19"
        end="20"
        width="30"
        weightLimit="500000"
        surface="GRASS"
        drawSurface="FALSE"
        drawDetail="FALSE"
        centerLine="FALSE"
        leftEdge="NONE"
        leftEdgeLighted="FALSE"
        rightEdge="NONE"
        rightEdgeLighted="FALSE"
        name="21"/>
    <TaxiwayPath
        type="TAXI"
        start="20"
        end="12"
        width="30"
        weightLimit="500000"
        surface="GRASS"
        drawSurface="FALSE"
        drawDetail="FALSE"
        centerLine="FALSE"
        leftEdge="NONE"
        leftEdgeLighted="FALSE"
        rightEdge="NONE"
        rightEdgeLighted="FALSE"
        name="22"/>
<!-- RUNWAY TAXI PATHS -->
    <TaxiwayPath
        type="RUNWAY"
        start="10"
        end="11"
        surface="GRASS"
        width="100"
        weightLimit="500000"
        number="SOUTHEAST"
        designator="NONE" />
    <TaxiwayPath
        type="RUNWAY"
        start="11"
        end="12"
        surface="GRASS"
        width="100"
        weightLimit="500000"
        number="SOUTHEAST"
        designator="NONE" />
    <TaxiwayPath
        type="RUNWAY"
        start="13"
        end="11"
        surface="GRASS"
        width="100"
        weightLimit="500000"
        number="SOUTHEAST"
        designator="NONE" />
    <TaxiwayPath
        type="RUNWAY"
        start="11"
        end="14"
        surface="GRASS"
        width="100"
        weightLimit="500000"
        number="SOUTHEAST"
        designator="NONE" />
<!-- TAXIWAY PATH NAMES -->
    <TaxiName
        index="0"
        name="NULL"/>
    <TaxiName
        index="1"
        name="NULL"/>
    <TaxiName
        index="2"
        name="NULL"/>
    <TaxiName
        index="3"
        name="NULL"/>
    <TaxiName
        index="4"
        name="NULL"/>
    <TaxiName
        index="5"
        name="NULL"/>
    <TaxiName
        index="6"
        name="NULL"/>
    <TaxiName
        index="7"
        name="NULL"/>
    <TaxiName
        index="8"
        name="NULL"/>
    <TaxiName
        index="9"
        name="NULL"/>
    <TaxiName
        index="10"
        name="NULL"/>
    <TaxiName
        index="11"
        name="NULL"/>
    <TaxiName
        index="12"
        name="NULL"/>
    <TaxiName
        index="13"
        name="NULL"/>
    <TaxiName
        index="14"
        name="NULL"/>
    <TaxiName
        index="15"
        name="NULL"/>
    <TaxiName
        index="16"
        name="NULL"/>
    <TaxiName
        index="17"
        name="NULL"/>
    <TaxiName
        index="18"
        name="NULL"/>
    <TaxiName
        index="19"
        name="NULL"/>
    <TaxiName
        index="20"
        name="NULL"/>
    <TaxiName
        index="21"
        name="NULL"/>
    <TaxiName
        index="22"
        name="NULL"/>
</Airport>
<!-- AIRPOT BEACON ON TOP OF DEFAULT BEACON TOWER -->
<SceneryObject
    lat="25.793249756"
    lon="-80.290555805"
    alt="0"
    altitudeIsAgl="TRUE"
    pitch="0"
    bank="0"
    heading="0"
    imageComplexity="NORMAL">
    <!-- AIRPORT ARP POSITION WITH BIAS BELOW -->
    <BiasXYZ
        biasX="-50"
        biasY="0"
        biasZ="550"/>
        <LibraryObject
            name="7f38bfbc4a40e2953c3f5c8482fa2c87"
            scale="1.0" />
            <AttachedObject
                attachpointName="attachpt_beacon"
                pitch="0"
                bank="0"
                heading="0" >
                <Beacon
                    type="CIVILIAN"
                    baseType="AIRPORT" />
            </AttachedObject>
</SceneryObject>
<!-- GENERIC TERMINAL WITH VINTAGE TOWER FROM CALCLASSIC LIBRARY -->
<SceneryObject
    lat="25.793249756"
    lon="-80.290555805"
    alt="0"
    altitudeIsAgl="TRUE"
    pitch="0"
    bank="0"
    heading="0"
    <BiasXYZ
        biasX="0"
        biasY="0"
        biasZ="550"/>
        <LibraryObject
            name="9513ed1751c2d94caa3c3a1629fe9a09"
            scale="1.0" />
</SceneryObject>
<!-- 1ST AB BUILDING (OFFICE-TYPE) FROM ABACUS LIBRARY -->
<SceneryObject
    lat="25.793249756"
    lon="-80.290555805"
    alt="0"
    altitudeIsAgl="TRUE"
    pitch="0"
    bank="0"
    heading="90"
    <BiasXYZ
        biasX="50"
        biasY="0"
        biasZ="550"/>
        <LibraryObject
            name="e189f250bad74f67a8e53216b34e02f4"
            scale="1.0" />
</SceneryObject>
<!-- 2ND AB BUILDING (OFFICE-TYPE) FROM ABACUS LIBRARY -->
<SceneryObject
    lat="25.793249756"
    lon="-80.290555805"
    alt="0"
    altitudeIsAgl="TRUE"
    pitch="0"
    bank="0"
    heading="0"
    <BiasXYZ
        biasX="50"
        biasY="0"
        biasZ="560.5"/>
        <LibraryObject
            name="e189f250bad74f67a8e53216b34e02f4"
            scale="1.0" />
</SceneryObject>
<!-- GENERIC VINTAGE HANGAR FROM CALCLASSIC LIBRARY -->
<SceneryObject
    lat="25.793249756"
    lon="-80.290555805"
    alt="0"
    altitudeIsAgl="TRUE"
    pitch="0"
    bank="0"
    heading="180"
    <BiasXYZ
        biasX="100"
        biasY="0"
        biasZ="550"/>
        <LibraryObject
            name="e53f05364f5e2789f2e09db8a525685a"
            scale="1.0" />
</SceneryObject>

</FSData>

Jorge
Miami, FL

Country
us-florida
Jon,

The error messages from Notepad++:

Code:
Validation of current file using XML schema:

ERROR: Element 'TaxiwayPath', attribute 'drawSurface': The attribute 'drawSurface' is not allowed.
ERROR: Element 'TaxiwayPath', attribute 'drawDetail': The attribute 'drawDetail' is not allowed.
ERROR: Element 'TaxiwayPath', attribute 'drawSurface': The attribute 'drawSurface' is not allowed.
ERROR: Element 'TaxiwayPath', attribute 'drawDetail': The attribute 'drawDetail' is not allowed.

It appears the xsd doesn't have the drawSurface and drawDetail attributes.

Thanks for your patience!

Country
us-florida
Here's the NV file:

Code:
<FSData
     version="9.0"

<!-- NOTE: "Fan" markers are actually Outer Markers. -->
<!-- They may not be available outside of the vertical -->
<!-- limits of those types of NAVAIDS. -->

<!-- KEY WEST RANGE -->
<!-- Visual Model: gen_ndb01 -->

<Ndb
  lat="N24 32.1166667"
  lon="W081 47.2"
  alt="5F"
  type="HH"
  frequency="332.0"
  range="112N"
  magvar="1.9"
  region="K7"
  ident="KW"
  name="Key West Range">
    <VisualModel
      heading="0.0"
      imageComplexity="NORMAL"
      name="5a003f364f9768dd6861b3b0859a7763">
    </VisualModel>
</Ndb>

<!-- Radio Tower -->
<!-- Visual Model: gen_radio01 -->

<SceneryObject
  lat="N24 32.1166667"
  lon="W081 47.2"
  alt="0"
  altitudeIsAgl="TRUE"
  pitch="0"
  bank="0"
  heading="0"
    <BiasXYZ
      biasX="15"
      biasY="0"
      biasZ="15"/>
    <LibraryObject
      name="5137c38443463c5527b068a311fd080a"
      scale="1.0"/>
</SceneryObject>

<!-- MARATHON NDB -->

<Ndb
  lat="N24 42.71295"
  lon="W081 5.718864"
  alt="6F"
  type="HH"
  frequency="260.0"
  range="75N"
  magvar="-4.0"
  region="K7"
  ident="MTH"
  name="Marathon NDB">
    <VisualModel
      heading="0.0"
      imageComplexity="NORMAL"
    </VisualModel>
</Ndb>

<!-- MIAMI RANGE -->

<Ndb
  lat="N25 48.0"
  lon="W080 13.5"
  alt="1.8288"
  type="HH"
  frequency="365.0"
  range="250000"
  magvar="3.5"
  region="K7"
  ident="MM"
  name="Miami Range">
    <VisualModel
      heading="0.0"
      imageComplexity="NORMAL"
    </VisualModel>
</Ndb>

<!-- Radio Tower -->

<SceneryObject
  lat="N25 48.0"
  lon="W080 13.5"
  alt="0"
  altitudeIsAgl="TRUE"
  pitch="0"
  bank="0"
  heading="0"
    <BiasXYZ
      biasX="15"
      biasY="0"
      biasZ="15"/>
    <LibraryObject
      scale="1.0"/>
</SceneryObject>

<!-- FAN MARKER -->

<Marker
  lat="N26 59.50"
  lon="W080 06.65"
  alt="1.8288"
  type="OUTER"
  heading="72.0"
  region="K7"
  ident="PMBCH"/>

<!-- MORRISON FIELD RANGE -->

<Ndb
  lat="26.6789550651"
  lon="-80.1422659046"
  alt="1.8288"
  type="HH"
  frequency="236.0"
  range="250000"
  magvar="3.5"
  region="K7"
  ident="WZ"
  name="Morrison Field Range">
    <VisualModel
      heading="0.0"
      imageComplexity="NORMAL"
    </VisualModel>
</Ndb>

<!-- Radio Tower -->

<SceneryObject
  lat="26.6789550651"
  lon="-80.1422659046"
  alt="50"
  altitudeIsAgl="TRUE"
  pitch="0"
  bank="0"
  heading="0"
    <BiasXYZ
      biasX="15"
      biasY="0"
      biasZ="0"/>
    <LibraryObject
      scale="1.0"/>
</SceneryObject>

<!-- VERO BEACH NDB -->

<Ndb
  lat="N27 39.0"
  lon="W080 25.0"
  alt="25F"
  type="HH"
  frequency="242.0"
  range="75N"
  magvar="-3.3"
  region="K7"
  ident="VB"
  name="Vero Beach NDB">
    <VisualModel
      heading="0.0"
      imageComplexity="NORMAL"
    </VisualModel>
</Ndb>

<!-- MELBOURNE RANGE (Titusville Range) -->

<Ndb
  lat="N28 8.6"
  lon="W080 39.0"
  alt="1.8288"
  type="HH"
  frequency="257.0"
  range="250000"
  magvar="3.5"
  region="K7"
  ident="OU"
  name="Melbourne Range">
    <VisualModel
      heading="0.0"
      imageComplexity="NORMAL"
    </VisualModel>
</Ndb>

<!-- Radio Tower -->

<SceneryObject
  lat="N28 8.6"
  lon="W080 39.0"
  alt="50"
  altitudeIsAgl="TRUE"
  pitch="0"
  bank="0"
  heading="0"
    <BiasXYZ
      biasX="15"
      biasY="0"
      biasZ="0"/>
    <LibraryObject
      scale="1.0"/>
</SceneryObject>

</FSData>

Jorge
Miami, FL

Country
us-florida
And finally, here's the simple route file to get things started:

Code:
<FSData
    version="9.0"

<!-- ************************ -->
<!-- Actual Routing or Route. -->
<!-- ************************ -->

<!-- Key West to Marathon -->
<Waypoint
    lat="N24 32.1166667"
    lon="W081 47.2"
    waypointType="NDB"                       
    magvar="0.0"                       
    waypointRegion="K7"
    waypointIdent="KW">
    <Route
        routeType="VICTOR"
        name="AMBER_7" >
        <Previous
            waypointType="NDB"
            waypointRegion="K7"
            waypointIdent="KW"
            altitudeMinimum="2000F"/>
        <Next
            waypointType="NDB"
            waypointRegion="K7"
            waypointIdent="MTH"             
    </Route>
</Waypoint>

<!-- Marathon to Miami -->
<Waypoint
    lat="N24 42.71295"
    lon="W081 5.718864"
    waypointType="NDB"
    waypointRegion="K7"
    waypointIdent="MTH">
    <Route
        routeType="VICTOR"
        name="AMBER_7" >
        <Previous
            waypointType="NDB"
            waypointRegion="K7"
            waypointIdent="MTH"             
        <Next
            waypointType="NDB"
            waypointRegion="K7"
            waypointIdent="MM"
    </Route>
</Waypoint>

<!-- Miami to Palm Beach Fan Marker -->
<Waypoint
    lat="N25 48.0"
    lon="W080 13.5"
    waypointType="NDB"
    waypointRegion="K7"
    waypointIdent="MM">
    <Route
        routeType="VICTOR"
        name="AMBER_7" >
        <Previous
            waypointType="NDB"
            waypointRegion="K7"
            waypointIdent="MM"             
        <Next
            waypointType="NAMED"
            waypointRegion="K7"
            waypointIdent="PMBCH"
    </Route>
</Waypoint>

<!-- Palm Beach Fan Marker to Morrison Field -->
<Waypoint
    lat="N26 59.50"
    lon="W080 06.65"
    waypointType="NAMED"
    waypointRegion="K7"
    waypointIdent="PMBCH">
    <Route
        routeType="VICTOR"
        name="AMBER_7" >
        <Previous
            waypointType="NAMED"
            waypointRegion="K7"
            waypointIdent="PMBCH"             
        <Next
            waypointType="NDB"
            waypointRegion="K7"
            waypointIdent="WZ"
    </Route>
</Waypoint>

<!-- Morrison Field to Vero Beach -->
<Waypoint
    lat="26.6789550651"
    lon="-80.1422659046"
    waypointType="NDB"
    waypointRegion="K7"
    waypointIdent="WZ">
    <Route
        routeType="VICTOR"
        name="AMBER_7" >
        <Previous
            waypointType="NDB"
            waypointRegion="K7"
            waypointIdent="WZ"             
        <Next
            waypointType="NDB"
            waypointRegion="K7"
            waypointIdent="VB"
    </Route>
</Waypoint>

<!-- Vero Beach to Melbourne -->
<Waypoint
    lat="N27 39.0"
    lon="W080 25.0"
    waypointType="NDB"
    waypointRegion="K7"
    waypointIdent="VB">
    <Route
        routeType="VICTOR"
        name="AMBER_7" >
        <Previous
            waypointType="NDB"
            waypointRegion="K7"
            waypointIdent="VB"             
        <Next
            waypointType="NDB"
            waypointRegion="K7"
            waypointIdent="OU"
    </Route>
</Waypoint>

<!-- MELBOURNE RANGE (Titusville Range) -->
<Waypoint
    lat="N28 8.6"
    lon="W080 39.0"
    waypointType="NDB"
    waypointRegion="K7"
    waypointIdent="OU">
</Waypoint>

</FSData>

Thanks again for your patience and understanding, I really appreciate it.

Jorge
Miami, FL

Country
us-florida
FYI,

This whole thing is supposed to be an update to FS9 to truely convert it into a pre-WW2, civil simulator.

Much like GW3, I'm hoping to regress things as best I can with all the things we've learned over the last decade and with 'modern' library models and updated (backdated or redone) navaids and routes. This also means I'm planning on redoing the Radio Range system in the US by redoing the scenery portion, the frequencies to what they actually were, and the routing as well so that it shows up in the map and the GPS. This also means that all this info would also show up in Plan-G if the user makes a database since it's all being done with the SDK compiler.

Unfortunately, I'm not that great with the whole gauge thing yet. The four-course would not work since I wouldn't have a gauge to replace the one that already exists, so my 'ranges' would only be regular NDB's for now, except for the fact they would be 112nm when done.

From what I understand, the FSX and P3D coding is not too far off from FS9. It would not be too hard for someone to take the scenery I'm trying to do for FS9 and then parse/change it so that it can work in the newer stuff, hence the reason I'm trying to do things using the lowest common denominators across the platforms.

Hope I didn't just confuse the heck out of you.

Regards,

Jorge
Miami, FL