• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX FSX & SDK on Drive D:

Country
us-hawaii
I just installed a SSD drive as my primary drive C:. With RegEdit I changed the default User Folder to KEN on D:. I installed FSK Gold (with Acceleration) and SDK on drive D: and everything works, except that the Tools menu does not appear in FSX. All of the FSX folders and files that belong in my user folder (the Appdata\Roaming and \Local folders and the fsx.CFG. dll.xml, etc. files) are all there in my D:\KEN folder.

So I created another User, and kept it's User Folder on the default drive C: and installed FSX and SDK on C: in the default folders. And this worked OK. So that says to me that my installation procedure is correct.

Can anyone shed a light as to why it won't work on D:. Installing FSX in any folder or drive should not be a problem. The problem seems to be the User folder on D:, but I can't figure out what it is.

GHD

Country
england
Check the paths in dll.xml:

Code:
- <Launch.Addon>
  <Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name> 
  <Disabled>False</Disabled> 
  <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad> 
  <Path>[B][COLOR="Red"]F:[/COLOR][/B]\FSXSDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path> 
  </Launch.Addon>

Country
spain
I installed Fsx and Sdk in the D: drive,no problem, could be the change in the user folder, or as it's said above you should check the Dll file.

Country
us-hawaii
The paths in the .dll are correct. I'm thinking the problem is deeper than that. Like, maybe FSX is looking at the wrong place for the .dll file? But the when I installed FSX/SDK, it put the .dll and other user files in the correct place - my relocated user folder. So why can't it find it? I'm hoping some software guru out there knows how this interaction between FSK and SDK works. I searched the registry for clues but got none.

hcornea

Resource contributor
Country
australia
My FSX and SDK live on D:

No issues.

I wonder if it has more to do with moving your user folder. I must confess I've never done this, simply because it holds very little on my install.

Sent with Tapatalk for iPhone