• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX FSXverion o fADE has no obj file

Country
us-washington
I do have 'separate bgl's' checked. when I compile I still do not get a separate bgl in my scenery list. I tried to match my settings I have in P3D version but I have no obj file yet in FSX.

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
Perhaps the FSX version does not use such a file? Did you check in the Advanced compile options?

Country
us-washington
I checked the button - separate bgl's

Attachments

• screenshot518.jpg
    screenshot518.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 38

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Well I guess the first question is - are there any objects etc in the project file to put in an OBJ file. ADE won't create one unless there is something to put in it. Can you please post the project file causing the problem so we can try to replicate it?

Country
us-washington
There was an object but I took it out because it was not showing up. I double checked the ini file separate bgl's says true, just like with the p3d style ade. I do notice the ade FSX and p3d version are in the same folder on the drive. I then thought maybe it was due to the scenery I am using, Meigs Field, from years ago. l(no default Meigs on FSX). Looking at other FSX sceneries I have done, some have an obj and most do not. I will check into the further. Will send photo fo scenery foldr and the project (AD4) later.

Attachments

• KCGX_ADEX_rml.ad4
    141.1 KB · Views: 43

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
If you removed the object then an OBJ file will not be created.

Country
us-washington
There are at present two objects still present which I did not remove. They do show up, but there is obj file. Ergo- everything is embedded in the afcad. Most curious.

Country
us-washington
Well I guess the first question is - are there any objects etc in the project file to put in an OBJ file. ADE won't create one unless there is something to put in it. Can you please post the project file causing the problem so we can try to replicate it?
file is attached ... above.

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
When I load the file into ADEX and go to Settings/Options/Project, Separate Airport and Object BGL Files is unchecked.

When I go to File/Compile Airport/More Options, Compile Separate Airport and Object BGL Files is unchecked.

Country
us-washington
Tgib-0 Fascinating. On my machine, it shows that I did check that. I'll check again. Even the ini file shows - separate airport and object bgl's - true.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
There are general settings in Settings > Options. There are also project specific settings for each project accessible when you use the Compile Menu entry

1670149643463.png

This may be different to the general settings which are mostly used when creating a new project. In any case the project specific setting should override the general setting

Country
us-washington
I athought I looked for that. I'll go see. Most likely this maybe be it. I remember this from years ago. Am I getting old.... naaaaah. I AM old! hahaha I will report back.

Country
us-washington
That did it. Thank you Jon, and TGib, et al. Most appreciated. I remember doing this long ago but had slipped my mind. Again.... Thanks. Bob