• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSXA FsxXml is really working?

Country
spain
FsxKml is really working?

Work this tool indeed?, making an island , I just put two bgl file in the scenery folder, and nothing, as I had done nothing, someone has do something with this tool lately. this have happened three, four times, no way to get this work. and yes I had read tutorials, I have the tool prefsxKml which fix the vertices problem. inconstant tool :confused:

Last edited:
Country
panama
It does work but making an island I must admit is something of a little art. There is a precise way to do it otherwise it won't show up. Unfortunately I seem to forget every time (I work on this only a couple of times in the year). It should be put clearly in the Wiki.

In fact I have an island pending and haven't had the time to figure it out again.

Country
spain
I must say that almost give up, but I "think" I resolve the mistery, to make an island you must do as follow:
make a exclude water just the size of the sorroundig island sea.
Add new water, in my case I add hydropolygon generic ocean perennial, much more bigger that the exclude.
add the polygonhole with the contour of the island.
Add the landclass at your choice.(copying the polyhole above)

Build the bgl., load the scenery, you will see (maybe and problably) that don't worked, then you back to fsxkml again, and....(here is the touch) reverse the vertices of "hydropolygon generic ocean perennial", that's all. here is the secret .
to add lanclass you must make the polygon and copy this, one for exlude the earlier landclass and the second to add the new landclass.
If you make more tha one island at once, if somenoe not work reverse his vertices, and will appear.
You must think of FsxKml as a tool which don't work at 100%, and at first attempt, but with these tricks you can do great things, and became a very usefull tool.
hoping this help in anyway. :D am I smart or not?

Last edited: