• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX G meter gauge

Hi all,

I do not know if I'm in the right section. So here is my problem, I am trying to make a home cockpit, I would like to display on a lcd acceleration suffered by the unit G, is it possible to retrieve this information from FSX? I tried but I have not really found anything conclusive.

Thank's all

Paul Domingue

Resource contributor
It sounds like you want to make a G-meter which is possible but you have not given enough information about what you are trying to do.

I would like to get G-Force in real time, for example when I put the gas, I would like to see on my lcd, G increasing. the problem is that I can not find how to retrieve this variable on FSX. I hope to be clear enough...

(A:G Force,gforce) will return the current g force.

and (A:Max G Force,gforce) and (A:Min G Force,gforce) will return their obvious results.

and (>K:RESET_G_FORCE_INDICATOR) will reset max and min g force to 1 (or is it 0? I can't remember exactly which)

I think you may need to visit some of the cockpit building forums. It's easy enough to make a gauge to display on the computer screen within FSX but to display something via the serial port on a separate LCD monitor is going to require some serious programming skills.

I think you may need to visit some of the cockpit building forums. It's easy enough to make a gauge to display on the computer screen within FSX but to display something via the serial port on a separate LCD monitor is going to require some serious programming skills.

OK so it's difficult for you to recover G force outside FSX ? IT does not scare me I am developer.

Paul Domingue

Resource contributor
I would like to see some pictures of your cockpit. I have always wanted to build one but can not afford it.

n4gix

Resource contributor
I believe that you can use Lua to accomplish your goal. I'm not familiar with Lua myself, but seem to recall reading that it is capable of sending sim data out a serial port.

Well, if you are a developer then you can create a simconnect client in C++ which runs a dll module outside of FSX but can connect to FSX to read whatever you like and output whatever you like wherever you like. Refer to the Simconnect documentation in the SDK where there are plenty of examples on how to read and write to various FSX variables.