• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Gatehouse Questions

Country
us-northcarolina
I have been working with Goshawk45 over at the SOH helping him with adding objects to the NAS Chase Field project he is working on. I just finished the gatehouse and have two questions if it is possible to do. The gatehouse was created in Sketchup 2015 because after trying twice I do not understand GMAX. The gate guards are sailors. I have them placed in their winter uniform which is worn in Texas from 01 Nov to 01 April. I also have these same sailors in their summer white uniform worn the other months. It is easy for me to swap them out and create a summer uniform gatehouse but can I have both bgl's in the scenery folder of the airport and have FSX place the correct one in the correct season and if so how?

Question 2: I would like to have the fluourescent light that is on the entry side of the gatehouse illuminate the road under it for the guard if possible. How is this done? In MDCx as an attach object? Thank you to all who take the time to read this and try and help as so many of you have helped in the past.

Chase Field Gatehouse 1011-A.jpg

Country
us-northcarolina
I experimented with attaching lights with MDCx like I made attachments in other models and I did these. I am pleased that I learned to do this and got how to add a model in ADEx which also worked just like the instructions. I would like the light to shine down and illuminate the ground. Here are the values I used for the light:

Attach Point Name attpt_light00
Position (9.40; 9.95; 3.50)
Rotation (0.00; 90.00; 0.00)

There are three lights but this is the one in the middle. Do I need to have a different Rotation value to get the light to shine down. I thought that I did with the 90.00 value.

Here is a screenshot in the sim FSX(A) at night.
chase gatehouse at night 1.jpg

Country
us-ohio
Regarding the light, since this is FSX, there is no ability to light the area below the light effect. The only thing you can do is to add a photoreal texture or ground poly that makes it seem as if the ground is illuminated. No objects placed under the light will be illuminated however.