• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Google mail - usefull or not?

Horst18519

Moderator
Resource contributor
Messages
2,385
Country
germany
I came across the new "Google desktop" which seems to be a nice feature.
It includes a google-mail-option. Does anyone use google mail?
Is it save/usefull?
If someone had an invitation I'd be interested. :)
 
Hi!

Gmail (as the addresses end, gmail.com) seems to be the thing to have right now, but membership is by invitation only, as you know. I have not tried it, but the original fuzz was about the vast amount of space given to each account - 1 GB! Now many others have followed, I recently swapped to Yahoo which also has 1 GB and it works brillianty. And, keep in mind, I´ve lived on maximum 10 MB-mailboxes since 1997. 1 GB of email messages is... a lot! :D

/hans
 
I've had it for a few months, but never used it. It was just for those times I need a generic address. Even though I've NEVER sent an email via this, or promoted the email address in any way, I get hundreds of junk each month.
I love my google desktop, though...
 
Same here, I have an account and used to once to receive a big file from somebody. I just checked it recently and it has quite some spam, while only 1 person in the world used that email address once :).

Personally I don't really see the need for an email address like gmail or hotmail, I am happy with the email address I have (from ISP and from this website). I don't have a need to collect all my email online either, for me it is fine to have it on my PC.
 
Thanks for the replies.
Looks like I won't need it either.
The idea of having all my emails on a server was nice - but maybe it's not worth the spam...
 
Back
Top