• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v4 Having a issue with planes flying in new scenery

I have been working on an afcad for an airport. I have planes showing up but nothing moving or flying anything. The bgl's that are created...just so I have this right...should be placed where? in the world/scenery etc or should they be in a folder with a scenery subfolder in say "add-on scenery" I may have corrupted something so I started building new flight plans and still nothing moving in my new afcad. I have tried to pay close attention to "taxipoint" "hold shorts" and parking etc..any thing else to pay close attention too?

Thanks,
Bob M.

tgibson

Resource contributor
Can you give us an example flight plan line from your file and tell us when you are looking for that plane?

gadgets

Resource contributor
The bgl's that are created...just so I have this right...should be placed where? in the world/scenery etc or should they be in a folder with a scenery subfolder in say "add-on scenery"
Either one.

Please also read this stickey.

Don

Thanks everyone...I installed the new flight plan visulizer and this is the text it returned. I have 10 A/C going out of KINT and back for an airport that has no traffic. Maybe you can glean something from this as to why the planes just sit there and do nothing. I validate the flight plan with AIFP and it says no errors but obviously something is wrong.
THANK YOU!!!!
Bob M.

Attachments

• ERROR MSG AIFP.txt
    5.3 KB · Views: 121
  • Aircraft_In and Out of Winston Salem.txt
    516 bytes · Views: 118
Last edited:

tgibson

Resource contributor
I assume you have aircraft in FS with:

title=AI Piedmont Airlines F28-1000 INT005

and

title=Piedmont Airlines Boeing 727-200 INT005

and the other INT numbers as well?

Are the INT001 etc. numbers different paint schemes or reg numbers?

Again, post your flight plan file called flightplans_In and Out of Winston Salem.txt and the time you are looking for a specific aircraft at a given airport.

Thanks Tom. I am using the same paint scheme or texture for the different aircraft. (FH227; YS11a:727-200; 737-200; 737-400; DC3 etc. I assigned a letter and number in the title INT(WINSTON)001 etc simply because I get that error message when I load p3dv4 that i need a unique title for each plane. I copy and paste (over and over) in the aircraft fltsim with say flt sim1/flt sim2 for each plane. I use the fake reg FN in the flight planner. Took me forever to find these planes and Piedmont Airline textures. So that is the only thing flying in and out of Winston Salem since it is a hub and doesn't serve commercial aviation anymore. I sit here and stare at the screen and the planes don't budge unless it is something to do with the afcad.
Thanks Tom for looking at it. The fligh plan is not zipped..but maybe you can see everything with the bgl file.
Bob M.

Attachments

• INT Schedule.JPG
    INT Schedule.JPG
    79.4 KB · Views: 129
  • Traffic_In and Out of Winston Salem.bgl
    7.2 KB · Views: 115

tgibson

Resource contributor
Hi,

I put your Traffic BGL file in my FSX, and gave a Pacific F-27 the line:

title=Fairchild-Hiller FH-227 ROUND Piedmont INT001

So it would fly your first FH-227 flight plan, departing KINT at 1230 GMT (7:30 am local time on my computer). I made it Pacific Air Lines so it would stand out from other AI traffic at KINT.

This is the result - it is departing just fine.

The Piedmont F-27 in the background is in my Classic 1962 traffic. I also have M404s flying into KINT in 1962.

I don't use P3D so I couldn't test it in that sim, but the AI traffic file is fine.

Hope this helps,

Last edited:
Thank you Tom for your help. I am not sure if I am having a afcad issue. I use the Fault Finder and it locates no errors. Stymied. My planes show up at parking but don't budge an inch..lol If you have any old schedules of DC3 or M404 or can point me..I don't believe I saw the old 404 schedule at the retro sight. But I am primarily interested in the Piedmont region area. Would love to get my hands on a M404 with Piedmont textures that would work in p3dv4.3...would be loverly. The Martin 404 were phased out about the time I worked for Piedmont.

Thank you very much.
Warmest Regards,
Bob M.

gadgets

Resource contributor
My planes show up at parking but don't budge an inch
This is usually a symptom of the parking spot not being connected to a runway with an intervening valid hold-short node.

Don

I have Parking spots connected with "apron links" to say a taxiway. I am using parking spots that are GA (small.medium and large) I have hold shorts on any taxiway connecting to a runway with it facing toward the runway..The slotted side (lol) facing the runway. The runway taxiway are black and the taxiways are blue? Any enlightenment would be great. Not sure about valid short short nodes as in "hold-short and not normal? (the selection part)

Thanks everyone and you too Don....Page 234 about the hold short
Bob M.

Attachments

• winston 2JPG.JPG
    winston 2JPG.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 104
  • the new winston1..JPG
    the new winston1..JPG
    106.8 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:

gadgets

Resource contributor
You MUST have a valid hold-short (i.e., within 225' - or some such number, (see ADE instructions) of the runway) at every runway entrance you wish departing AI to use.

Don

Back to the drawing board. There is a program called Flight Plan Visualizer... I have ai's showing up but no movement. Could it possibly be something wrong with the flight planner or the operator. It seems that the visualizer if pointing to "NO AIFP CFG" If the schedule has errors or problems, maybe the ai don't know what to do?

I have tons of planes of various kind showing up but not going or coming?
Thanks,
Bob M.

Attachments

• Flight Plan Visulizer error.txt
    7.2 KB · Views: 105
  • KINT_ADEP4_RLM.ad4
    61.5 KB · Views: 65

gadgets

Resource contributor
First, I know nothing about FP Visualizer or what it is supposed to do, But, apparently, from its error message, it thinks it is looking at an AIG FP archive. That file has nothing to do with the performance of AI (it's a special file AIG added to provide extra user-related information to AIFP). It is highly unlikely your misbehaving AI is the fault of AIFP.

As for aircraft not moving. normally, that's a sign that the parking spots not being connected to the active runway via a valid hold-short. That does not appear to be the case here. But, if it were an AIFP issue, the planes wouldn't even show up. Incidentally, you haven't said whether or not the planes that "show-up" are controlled by the traffic file FP Visualizer is declaring erroneous.

Don

I know nothing about Flight Plan Visualizer, I use Traffic Toolbox.

Attached is a simple traffic file in which three aircraft fly VFR circuits on the hour, 20 past and 40 past: Change the aircraft to ones you have.

Attachments

• Traffic_KINT_FSX.bgl
    669 bytes · Views: 119
No I create a bgl and thats it as far as planes go. This airport no longer has commercial aviation coming to it and having to create my own Piedmont aviation, because this was home of the now defunct Piedmont Aviation. I was thinking, wrongly I guess, that Flight Plan Visulizer would show me if there was any kind of error in the flight plan, since I validate my flight plans with AIFP and it alwas says that there are no errors , so I was trying to figure out what is wrong since the ai's aren't moving.
Thanks Don and everyone. BTW, its P3dv4.3
Bob M.