• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Help in Blender to MSFS please!

Country
hungary
Just to clarify : an object (.gltf) is composed with several mesh (wall, door, roof, windows...) and material (opaque and blend)
Same object (.gltf) with multiple material (one for glass and the other for wall).
Off course, you can seperate windows mesh from wall mesh and assign a glass material. These surfaces will be no longer assign to texture (wall material).
As far as I know, one object need to use one texture, you can not export an object with multiple texture files...

Country
france
There is not multiple texture only one. But you have multiple material. it's different. For the glass material, there is not reference to your texture. Only color, roughness, metallic, transparency intensity.

Country
hungary
There is not multiple texture only one. But you have multiple material. it's different. For the glass material, there is not reference to your texture. Only color, roughness, metallic, transparency intensity.
Yes, but I can not have a separate material as window and door frames are on the same face and I don’t want them to be transparent not to mention the pillars

Country
france
Ok I understand your point.

wRjrm.jpg

It's one face for your windows.

8ZGGw.jpg

You should split them

and seperate the mesh

lets take un exemple with windows on left side, I seperate the mesh by two (wall with texture + windows)
I create a material glasswindow assign to windows.

WYVVk.jpg

Po53n.jpg

I have send you a message with .blend

Country
hungary
And should i retexture the whole object? As I’ve spent hours texturing the mesh in sunstance painter and I am really trying to avoid having to do it again...

Country
france
No, you needn't retexture, just, in blender, split these faces, seperate glass surface, assign, glass material and export. But avoid to remap your UV.