• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Help In Creating My Own Livery in MSFS SDK - Newbie Question

Country
unitedkingdom
Hi,

I’m starting to have a play with creating some of my own liveries and I am unable to build the package receiving the following errors in the console:

AssetBuilder | Could not find a valid simobject in ‘D:\MSFS\Projects\Liveries\C152\c152-livery\PackageSources\SimObjects\Airplanes\aircraft-c152-livery-black’. Does it have one of [aircraft.cfg / sim.cfg / container.cfg] and does it reference the correct model folder(s)?

PackageBuilder | Failed to spawn lister for asset group aircraft-c152-livery-black (type SimObject) (package: scpcomputers-aircraft-c152-livery-black)

Project:

Inspector:

Asset Group Inspector:

image783×811 43.3 KB

Project Folder:

PackageSources Folder:

image957×153 6.68 KB

aircraft.cfg file:

[VERSION]
major = 1
minor = 0
[VARIATION]
base_container = “…\Asobo_C152”
[FLTSIM.0]
title = “Cessna 152 Black” ; Variation name
model = “” ; model folder
panel = “” ; panel folder
sound = “” ; sound folder
texture = “black” ; texture folder
kb_checklists = “” ; Procedures/Checklist sibling file name
kb_reference = “” ; Reference information sibling file name
description = “My aircraft” ; Variation description.
wip_indicator = 0 ; know if the variation is good to go or still WIP : -1=Disabled, 0=Rough, 1=1st Pass, 2=Finished
ui_manufacturer = “Cessna” ; e.g. Boeing, Cessna
ui_type = “C152” ; e.g. 747-400, 172
ui_variation = “Black” ; e.g. World Air, IFR Panel
ui_typerole = “Single Engine Prop” ; e.g. Single Engine Prop, Twin Engine Prop, Rotorcraft, etc
ui_createdby = “SCP Computers” ; e.g. Asobo Studio, Microsoft, FSAddonCompany, etc
ui_thumbnailfile = “” ; app relative path to ThumbNail image file
ui_certified_ceiling = 14700 ; service ceiling / max certified operating altitude (ft)
ui_max_range = 415 ; max distance the aircraft can fly between take-off and landing in (NM)
ui_autonomy = 5 ; max duration the aircraft can fly between take-off and landing in (Hrs)
ui_fuel_burn_rate = 40 ; average fuel consumption per hour (lbs/hr) - reminder: fuel density is ~6.7lbs per US gallon
atc_id = “ASXGS” ; tail number
atc_id_enable = 1 ; enable tail number
atc_airline = “” ; airline name
atc_flight_number = “” ; flight number
atc_heavy = 0 ; heavy?
atc_parking_types = “RAMP” ; “ANY” / “RAMP” / “CARGO” / “MIL_CARGO” / “MIL_COMBAT” / “GATE” / “DOCK”
atc_parking_codes = “” ; Comma separated and may be as small as one character each
atc_id_color = “” ; color for the tail number : i.e. “#ffff00ff”
atc_id_font = “” ; font for the tail number
My textures file content:

image1653×778 131 KB

I’ve followed the tutorial in the SDK and run the LiveryAircraft sample, even creating a customised livery in there and that works.

SDK Version: 0.20.5

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Back