• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

help to create mdl wave

Messages
88
Country
unitedkingdom
hi

I have a API macro made with novasim that can place the FS9 wave effect. But I'd like to have the same thing in an mdl. so that I can put it into a library bgl. for use as autogen. Can somebody tell me how this is achieved please?
heres the API code.
Code:
;MACRODESC 
;DEFAULTSCALE 1
;DEFAULTDENSITY Normal
;Macro generated with NovaSim v1.0 
;Author 
Set( BUF 1024 )
Set( LINBUF 1024 )
set( areamx 1024 )
set( fsvers 0x800 )
Area( C %1 %2 %3 )
IfVarRange( :lb01 346 %12 32767 )
    PerspectiveCall( :lb02 )
    ShadowCall( :lb02 )
:lb01
Jump32( :lb99304 )
:lb02
mif( %11 )
    RefPoint( 2 :lb03  %4 %1 %2  v1= %10 E= %11 %13 %14 )
melse
    RefPoint( 7 :lb03  %4 %1 %2 v1= %10 %13 %14 )
mifend
RotatedCall( :lb04 0 0 %5 )
:lb03
Return
:lb04
BglVersion( 800 )
Gobj( EFFECT 
      "wavecontroller.fx"   " "
    )
EndVersion
Return
:lb99304
 
Last edited:
Hi Vincent,

I am not sure the GObj command works inside a MDL object, I never tried that. But you could always use the attachtool script of GMax to add an effect to a MDL object (or if you only use the attachtool script probably also without object :)).

If I have some time, I will try to use the GObj command in a MDL object.
 
Thanks Arno, I'll appreciate it. ;)

I've tried the attach tool with the wave controller fx but it doesn't show up in the Sim. Other effects are OK. I'm using it on VF UK photo scenery where the original waves have been excluded. Waves placed with obplacer will not show either. The novasim API is the only method I've found that will so perhaps the GObj command is the key?

cheers

Vincent
 
Hi Vincent,

I tried to add the GObj (in BGLC that is BGL_EFFECT) command to a MDL file, but it did not work. I guess this command is no longer supported in the new Fs2004 file format.

I know there are some effects that do not work when placed in the scenery, maybe your wave is one of them? Interesting that the old Fs2002 method of calling them does still work :). I have no idea at the moment how you can get this effect into the autogen though. Even when you place it with the XML Effect command it does not appear, right?
 
Even when you place it with the XML Effect command it does not appear, right?

I'm afraid not. :(

To get it into the Autogen I need to put it in a library and assign it a guid so it doesn't look very promising does it? Thanks for trying though Arno, and if you have any further ideas I'd love to hear.

Vincent
 
Back
Top