• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS help with models

Country
us-louisiana
Guys I really need some help with my models. I can add them to ADE with no problems. I can add it to my scenery no problems, but I have noticed one thing and that is when you right click to add the model to the scene and it brings up the properties where it shows the scaling option they are all zero's. that is how I can tell it want work and not show up in the sim. Don't say look at the manual I have looked at it I don't know how many times. I don't know if my folder structure is incorrect or what. I have my modelLib folder under packageSources. I put my model in its own folder and the texture folder in with my model. I just don't know what to do anymore. I don's know what I am missing.

Country
unitedstates
I put my model in its own folder and the texture folder in with my model.

I don't know if it has anything to do with your problems, but the texture will not work in a texture folder within your model folder. The texture must be in the default texture folder in the ModelLib.

Country
us-louisiana
In my modelLib folder I add my model like Boats folder and all its files in there including the texture folder. You are saying I should move the texture folder to the modelLib folder? And are you saying that any new model I add to copy all its textures to the texture folder under modelLib? Like have all textures in one folder?

Country
unitedstates
If using Blender/Blender2MSFSToolkit, then on export there is a field that allows you to specify where the textures will be in the file system -- relative to the model files.

In the average case, the model files are in the modelLib folder and "texture" is entered into the Texture Location Input field. This says the textures are to be found in:
...\modelLib\texture

If Texture Location Input field is left blank, the texture(s) will be expected to also be in the modelLib folder.

It is also possible to put the model in a sub-folder and the textures in a common folder by entering "..\texture" into the Texture Location Input field:

...\modelLib\yourmodel
...\modelLib\texture

Country
us-louisiana
Okay I will try this with blender I tried doing this and nothing seem to help. Anymore thoughts?

Last edited:
Country
unitedstates
I don't know what other tool you are using to create the model, but if it passes through MCX, of course you can specify the paths for the textures therein. I honestly can't recall if relative paths are accepted, but might be worth a try if that's part of your process.

Country
us-louisiana
I look for where you can set the path of the textures and I didn't find it. Can you tell me where to look in MCX?

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
ZIp up your project and attach it here. It's the only way to insure someone can help with the problem.

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
You've got multiple errors concerning your modelLib entries. First, textures go in a folder named 'texture', not 'textures'. Your models should go into the modelLib folder that ADE creates: 'JRC Design-2r7-franklinton-modelLib'

And the model folder structure is not right. Attached is a fixed project. It should show you where and how object models are added to a project.

Attachments

• fixed_2r7helipad.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 100
Country
us-louisiana
You've got multiple errors concerning your modelLib entries. First, textures go in a folder named 'texture', not 'textures'. Your models should go into the modelLib folder that ADE creates: 'JRC Design-2r7-franklinton-modelLib'

And the model folder structure is not right. Attached is a fixed project. It should show you where and how object models are added to a project.
I am still testing, I will get back with you.

Country
us-louisiana
I am still testing, I will get back with you.
Okay, I just got done testing everything and it seems to be working great! I don't know what to say, but thank you I have been fighting this for some long that it was driving me crazy. I hope I can return the favor some time. I am getting a lot better using ADE.
Thanks