• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX how does annotator work?

Messages
355
Country
italy
Excuse for my ignorance....:( I am begining to use annotator, I follow the tutorials, I created an agn file on Ustica Island, I put it on my scenery's texture....question, but annotator create also a bgl file? Because I don't see nothing. Where does it write his data? Where Do i put the agn file?
 
Hi,

You can either annotate a photo scenery or landclass textures. You can't annotate normal textures.
 
I annotated a photoscenery created by me , I put some building on my photoscenery Is it true?
 
That should work. The photo scenery goes in your scenery folder and the agn files in the texture folder.
 
I don't see nothing, I think that I lost myself something...
Well
1)I open annotator
2) I choose my photo on my texture scenery
3) I Put some object
4) Save agn file into my texture scenery ( that have the same name of my photo)
5) my photo bgl file is on my scenery folder...
6) I open fsx
7) go to my zone
8) nothing
 
Just to be sure, you made the photo scenery with resample?
 
Did you check the position of the autogen slider?

Options->Settings->Display->Scenery
 
for Arno, I created photo real with Resample ( see other thread where you answered) for George ,all settings are on high
 
Are the "objects" in an active scenery area? Try adding the following to your FSX.CFG [Scenery] section:

MissingLibraryAlert=1
ShowMissingTextureAlert=1
 
The Objects are default object I put the strings on scenery section but appear only this message: failed load texture fresnel_ramp.dds
 
after more tests I solved the problem......There are some object put with instant scenery that they didn't enable to see the autogen!:oops: now I must delete them .
 
Hi,

XML objects indeed suppress autogen. I don't know if you can set this in instant scenery, but you can specify that XML objects should not suppress the autogen in the XML code.
 
Back
Top