• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v5 How to fix Black Box objects in UTX airport

Country
unitedkingdom
I hope someone can help fix a problem trying to compile an airport supplied with Ultimate Terrain X Europe for P3Dv5. This software is described as compatible with P3D but no taxiways appeared when loaded into any version of P3D. They were fine in FSX. That problem has been fixed by Resetting All Draw Flags for Taxi LInks.

However, despite following the guidance in a tutorial I'm unable to locate the BGL that contains the objects needed. I have pointed the Library Object Manager to all the folders containing BGLs but although the process advises nnn objects have been processed the objects remain black in ADE.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm running v1.79.7475.29407 of ADE.

=rk=

Resource contributor
Country
us-washington
Well...it looks like you went to Flight1 support for problems with your installer, but then you went to UTX discussion forums, over what appears to be software incompatibilities. I don't want to challenge the years of experience you relate in the UTX forums, but as a developer, I never use ORBX products, because they insist on meddling with simulator attributes that, for me, are difficult to undo. Don't get me wrong, their software is excellent, too good even, but for me, it is them or everyone else.

What happens with some ORBX products is that they replace default textures with proprietary ones and then edit the simulator configuration file to get the engine to point to the new names for default textures, which works fine, until another terrain enhancement software is installed.

Your results, of course, may vary, but you first mention your particular issue in the UTX forums, on April 18th. To me, it seems more like a configuration question, than a support request, but without getting too deeply into the fact that they are going to ask you to reproduce this problem on an absolutely default installation of your simulator, because they don't support 3rd-party-software-conflict-issues-especially-with-ORBX, I observed that you have allowed three days, before coming to FSDeveloper for support.

I didn't have as much luck finding the tutorial you followed, you'll want to include that link for anyone who supports your software and by the way, you did not mention the UTX forums, ORBX, what made you think UTX installed an airport, or why you relate missing taxiways at UTX forums, but missing model objects here, all things that would be relevant to someone diving into this issue.

I suggest going to the party that guaranteed the software would work, submit a post that clearly requests product support, wait at least a week, then ask for a refund, if you get no solution and did not forfeit that option at the time of purchase.

Country
unitedkingdom
Rick, why are you referencing ORBX? This is nothing to do with their software. The problem is UTX Europe is not fully compatible with P3D for the reasons already explained. I stripped down my P3Dv5 sim to UTX Europe and the basic sim. The problem remains and has been verified by other users on AvSim. I have been able to replicate the problem on P3Dv3, v4 and v5.

Country
unitedkingdom
Given the age of the UTX AFCADs I've decided a better course of action is to use the P3Dv5 default one and add extra parking spaces using ADE. All the buildings are present so the black box problem isn't an issue.