• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v5 How to make excludes with older scenery that do not almost remove jetways?

Reading old posts that drawing a big exclusion rectangle over the airport will sometimes remove default jetways in addon scenery. But to get older scenery to display in p3d v5.1 I have to use an exclusion to stop default buildings showing. How do I do this without losing jetways? This is only happening in a developer's older scenery made for p3d v4 that I want to use in v5 but the jetways don't display everything else is good. Thank you.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Sorry - I want to be sure which buildings you refer to - those in the v5.1 stock airport or something else?

Sorry - I want to be sure which buildings you refer to - those in the v5.1 stock airport or something else?
The default buildings of the stock 5.1 show through each scenery I try in v5 that is made for v4. The old scenery I asked and the developer will not update them for V5, FSXScenery and the only solution I did that worked is put a big exclusion around the airport but the default jetways do not show up.

The default buildings of the stock 5.1 show through each scenery I try in v5 that is made for v4. The old scenery I asked and the developer will not update them for V5, FSXScenery and the only solution I did that worked is put a big exclusion around the airport but the default jetways do not show up.
If you exclude the default buildings, which are part of a scenery file way below your addon scenery, this does not exclude the jetways of this scenery you have the exclusion.

So primary question is, are these SODE jetways or GSX jetways? Then you should check if this is properly configured. You may want to tell us which scenery it is all about.

Dan

If you exclude the default buildings, which are part of a scenery file way below your addon scenery, this does not exclude the jetways of this scenery you have the exclusion.

So primary question is, are these SODE jetways or GSX jetways? Then you should check if this is properly configured. You may want to tell us which scenery it is all about.

Dan
I wish FSXScenery took the time to do more detail in their airports. Sadly it is regular default jetway models. The developer said they are done with p3d and moved on to MSFS. If I want the airports in v5 it is up to me to make them work :(

Attachments

• Airport_Design_Editor_gHi1g7W5yD.png
    Airport_Design_Editor_gHi1g7W5yD.png
    214 KB · Views: 12
No, you can just draw a big exclusion rectangle over all. The stock buildings used in the airports *obj.bgl files are in the same layer like the exclusion in the ADE, if you put all in the same scenery folder. Also the default jetways you are using should just show up. Did you add them over the context dialog of the parking spot? Are you sure, you don´t have another exclusion file from GSX for this airport?
I have to admit, the last time I made an airport with ADE, I did add a jetway but also a gsx jetway. So the default never showed up. Therefore I´m not 100% sure, if it really shows up nowadays. The last time before was with FSX, way long ago.

Last edited:
No, you can just draw a big exclusion rectangle over all. The stock buildings used in the airports *obj.bgl files are in the same layer like the exclusion in the ADE, if you put all in the same scenery folder. Also the default jetways you are using should just show up. Did you add them over the context dialog of the parking spot? Are you sure, you don´t have another exclusion file from GSX for this airport?
I have to admit, the last time I made an airport with ADE, I did add a jetway but also a gsx jetway. So the default never showed up. Therefore I´m not 100% sure, if it really shows up nowadays. The last time before was with FSX, way long ago.
There is an exclusion I drew over the airport and the jetways do not show now.

Attachments

• Airport_Design_Editor_fowWmVEg3B.png
    Airport_Design_Editor_fowWmVEg3B.png
    148.2 KB · Views: 15
Do the jetways show up without exclusion rectangle? What about the GSX exclusion file I asked before? Do you have GSX? If yes, you could just add a the jetways with GSX. It's not difficult.

Do the jetways show up without exclusion rectangle? What about the GSX exclusion file I asked before? Do you have GSX? If yes, you could just add a the jetways with GSX. It's not difficult.
The jetways show up but default buildings overlap everything.

There is an exclusion I drew over the airport and the jetways do not show now.
You must not use a large exclude for the entire airport if you want to keep the default jetways.
You must remove each default object individually.

1. open the default airport of your xyz_scenery in ADE v1.79.7475dev
2. select Lists/Sceneryobjects and delete all objects in the table (by deleting the default objects ADE creates an exclude for each object when compiling)
3. compile airport with the option "Compile Separate Airport and Object BGL Files"
4. rename the newly created yxz_ADE_OPJ.bgl (only this one is needed, here the exclude are included) to 000_excl_xyz_ADE_OPJ.bgl for better overview
5. copy 000_excl_xyz_ADE_OPJ.bgl to the scenery folder of the xyz_scenery
6. start P3D and check if it succeeded