• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

I don't know where to post this - since the latest MSFS2020 update my joystick gives problems

Country
australia
I just noticed tonight when attempting a flight that my Extreme 3D Pro joystick stops controlling both the rudder and the throttle after taxing a short distance.
I have checked the Control Options' and they seem ok.
This is the first time I have attempted a flight since the latest MSFS update

I have 'googled' this and found nothing. Any ideas?

Country
australia
Thanks Dick.
I don't have any dev 'windows' open but I do have dev turned on so I turned it off and the problem continues.
In fact everytime I start up FSMS now the mouse seems to be selected instead if the joystick ion the control options AND the throttle slider is reversed. I change that to what it should be and the next time I restart MSFS it is back to what it was.
I am over these MSFS updates as everytime they release an update it seems to affect me adversely.

When I watch the rudder from external view it shows that it is in the full right position with the joystick twist fully right as expected but as I start the taxi away the rudder returns to neutral even with the joystick fully right.

What are the files which contain such things as control options which I think are rebuilt automatically if you delete them? I am wondering/hoping that will fix this problem.

I have also noticed that the throttle slider also stops working YET if I exit back to control menu and check everything is working correctly with the Joystick.
The other control surfaces seem to be working ok (ailerons, elevators). It's so annoying.

Last edited:
Country
australia
Thanks. I just tried the aircraft on land (amphibian) and firstly checked the control options and noticed that the 'white bar' for the rudder and aileron axis were not displayed but when I moved the joystick for each axis they appeared. Also I noticed when I started the flight (on a runway) with an external view, when I applied full right rudder and held it, the rudder moved right and then slowly returned to neutral.
Something seems to be wrong. I will have a look at the link.

Country
australia
I recalibated as per the link. Still no good.
Swapped joystick with my old joystick, still no good.
Obviously something to do with MSFS. Any suggestions where I can turn to (another forum somewhere)?

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
It might be an in-sim sensitivity issue. I use an old xbox controller and I have to set a big deadzone to work right.

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
Also. if you're like me, I leave my computer on for days at a time. Sometimes a reboot of the computer solves problems.

Country
australia
Thanks Dick. I will check the sensitivity and adjust if to see if that fixes it although I have NOT changed any settings for months. I automatically reboot my PC every day by turning it off when I go to bed.

Country
australia
Had a similar situation to yours, found a post somewhere that after update 7 the assistant menu was reset to easy, checked and it had been, fixed it and problem disappeared. Worth a look
rgds

Country
australia
I now have tried all those things and more yet the problem now is worse.
For example I start a flight and find my throttle is reversed so go back to control options and find it is not reversed there then go back to a flight and find the throttle opens fully and the throttle control has no effect. Also the rudder deflects as per where I move the joystick but immediately returns to neutral position.

After searching the internet I found that SU7 reset all settings and so I went 'looking' and changed many from ON to OFF. That seems to have fixed the problem.

Still it is annoying that SU7 could have either advised/warned users during the update that all user settings would be reset and to check them after the update OR better still NOT to change them although maybe this was not possible with the changes being implemented.

Last edited:
Country
panama
Gentlemen. The Program(s) with so many updates and fixes is now in a bowl of spagetti. Getting it to work like it should is a Titanic Job!..It will never happen, we will have to live Checking this and that, re-setting et all.
Programmers must be so confused by now.

Country
australia
FYI
To get back proper control of the elevator and throttle I set the following OFF
PILOTING
Auto rudder
Assisted Landing
Assisted Takeoff
I have no idea why an update would be released to change a users settings without their knowledge.