• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

I have certain queries

Messages
77
Country
india
Hello to all my dear friends,
I dont know if this is the right forum where my queries will be answered. I need some advice, I am in the process of designing my first addon airport for FSX, This is my first addon, I have never designed any addon in the past. I want to share my addon with all Flight simulator fans.

My queries are as follows:

1)What are the various sites that let you upload your creation free of cost.(can I upload my creation on Flightsim, FSDeveloper, AVSim, FlyawaySimulation & Simviation) do these flight simulator websites charge you for the uploads. And even if I upload it FREE then will they charge me any fees later on, say after 1 year or so.

2)The airport I am designing is located in UAE its called MinhadAB (ICAO Code OMDM, you can check it in FSX Airports list, it will appear only as a runway strip without any parking).My airport is a fictitious airport & does not look like how the real airport does. Though the airport exists in real world but I have made it appear different as per my own design & layout. If I upload this, will it create any problems for me. I mean to say, will anybody object to it, let me say, its my own creation I have not copied anyone else's creation.

3)To make this addon I am using Airport design Editor, AI flight planner & sbuilderX and various other tools that are freely available on FSDeveloper & other sites (my special thanks to all the developers of these tools) will I have to take permission of all these developers before I upload my creation (Addon Airport).

I will appreciate your advice

DreamAero
 
Last edited:
Hi...

The sites don't charge for uploads - in fact - their library files provided by the countless hours devoted by "freeware" developers is one of the big draws that get people to visit their sites...

Just because it's fictitious - I don't think anyone would object - LOL - if they do - who cares - they aren't paying for it and would be free to delete it if they had an issue... What I've found - is once you upload something - even if it's pretty popular - you only hear from one or two people saying thanks...

You don't need permission from the creators of the developer tools to upload your work... What I would do is thank them profusely in the readme for all their time and effort devoted to creating the tools that allow you to make the scenery... I would also make a small contribution to those who have the "Donate" button on their web site - just to say thanks - while nice - is not required... If you move to the “payware” arena – I believe you may need a payware license for some of the developer tools – which is more than fair in my book…

Regards,
Scott
 
Last edited:
No problem with that, and the uploading websites work pretty good. the fact it be fictitious maybe not like very much, people want ralism in the sceneries but it's you choice, and it's Fsx.
And Scott you are lucky if you got any thanks from the users.
 
Hi Bernardo,

LOL - ain't that the truth - we really need to evaluate our sanity as freeware developers - spend hundreds of hours developing something - making it the best it can possibly be - putting blood, sweat, and tears into it - then you upload it - and - - - - - - - - - - that's it - if you're lucky - maybe - someone will post a few screenshots in a forum - it's all rather anticlimactic... At least the payware guys get the satisfaction and feedback from dollars in their account... Ahh well - I look at as if I am paying back the other freeware developers who've made stuff I've enjoyed over the years...

Regards,
Scott
 
Really, I have thought a lot about this time ago, but yes I think I want just to contribute a little to the Flight sim world, seen what great addon people have created for fs, so we have to cope with that.no problem.
 
Well, my "modus operandi" is - I want to make something for myself, usually I find I enjoy fiddling around FS for fiddlings sake anyway, and if I don't enjoy some part (usually 3D graphics), then I simply don't do it.

And when all is done and semi-finished (nothing, ever, is finished, as we all know), then I put it out somewhere, on Avsim usually, and if people like it and take time to thank me, all the better.

I could say that I am fairly lucky in that I enjoy doing stuff like repaints, some scenery stuff, and learning C++ lately. You could say I enjoy it even more than simming itself, at least based on hours spent behind FSX vs. Visual Studio, or some other tool :D
 
My Special thanks to you all!

Hi everyone greetings from me,
First, I would like to specially thank Scott, Bernardo & Pfabian for your reply to my queries. Yes, you all are right, there are very few people who say "Thanks":)
Anyways, we as Freeware Developers, should never let our spirits down and continue to make FSX the best. Earlier I too used to download freeware addon sceneries from fs websites and would spend hours & days exploring it with the default fsx aircraft Trike Ultralite. I found there are countless of addons on the fs websites and each one is the best in its own way.:D
I realised FSX is a good platform to enhance & mould our creative minds. Thanks to Microsoft's AC&S Studios (now defunct) for bringing us this wonderful masterpiece called FSX and its SDK.
This inspired me to come up with an idea of designing my own addon. While exploring FSX I found that there are various airports which are unfit for use as they only have a runway strip without any parkings. For instance you can check MinhadAB in the UAE (ICAO: OMDM, type it in the Airport code list in FSX), which I am currently designing. So I decided why not I design an AFCAD for it & bring it into use. This way we all can transform various other airports in the FSX environment that are lying unfit & unused & bring them to use.
I checked the images of the original Minhad AB over the internet and found that it is actually a small airbase located in the UAE. Whereas in FSX it was merely a runway without any parking, so I decided to transform it into an airport which will handle vast amount of flights & hence I have made the addon really big. I wont call it Minhad Airbase, I will call it Minhad Airport.

I hope you & everybody else will like it & support me when I release it.I believe it will be a good addon from a debutant like me.:)

Regards
DreamAero
 
Last edited:
Wise words here :D, all the best for Dreamaero.
Funny the sentence "never is finished" you are very right.
I see Fs as a place to learn a lot of things, even to drive an airplane:D, but well, seen the little enthusiasm about scenery made by myself I don't feel encouraged to update or improve anyone of them, it's so. but that don't should be the target. happy creations and landings of course. :cool:
 
Back
Top