• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

ICAO Runway Number Font

A

Aviasim

Hey guys, I thought I would do a little contribution!

I have always been spending over 1 hour to create the runway numbers from images. I came across a PDF which demenstrated the numbering in massive detail (How big they should be, lengths, widths etc).. I have been relying on this since I have been developing, taking screenshots, trimming around the numbers etc it took too long.

So I decided to make a font out of it, now I can very easily just type the numbers and select the font...job done, ready for further editing and detail adding.

This is my first time making a font, maybe not perfect, but it is a try and it does work and saves alot of time. The font name is "ICAORWYID.ttf", but it installs as "hhh.ttf".

You may download it, use it in anything you want and do whatever you want with it, however, if you edit it/update it/perfect it - in some way, upload it here.

View attachment ICAORWYID Font.zip

Regards and enjoy

A

Aviasim

Preview Pic

Here is a preview Picture

prev.png

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Very handy, thanks!

Now if anyone could do some aircraft registration fonts...
"UKNumberPlate" works, but not in all cases.

A

Aviasim

I think different aircraft and different airlines use different fonts

Country
unitedstates
there is no standard for reg #s other than location, case, and minimum size. Reg nums must be clearly legible from a set distance written using standard English letters and numbers.

Font style/color is up to the owner operator

Country
germany
Welcome!

Already seen it arno, there is a difference between taxiway sign fonts and runway number font - already tried it

Thanks Darren for the font which I found after this thread was pushed up again. I also used pictures and did the rest of the job with PSE. Now it is much easier.

@Arno: Because the font is indeed completely different to the font for the taxiway signs, you could also upload it in the download-section. Probably other designers find it more easily.

Jörg