• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Introducing General Release 3.4.3.6

Status
Not open for further replies.

gadgets

Resource contributor
I have just uploaded AIFP Version 2.1.15. It now remembers the latest FS9 and FSX compile path (a feature I broke in Version 14). As well, it:
  • contains several other "tweaks" to the compile dialog (in particular, the Add Suffix checkbox now operate slightly differently),
  • allows the creators of flight plan packages to more precisely specify the aircraft to which a given repaint applies, and
  • adds a DOW capability to the timetable function.
Please refer to the included Version History.pdf for a complete list of changes.

This update should be automatically detected by earlier Versions of Release 2 and 1.6.35. If it is not, you can download it directly from here.

Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
I have just uploaded AIFP Version 2.1.16. It is the general release of the Version 2.1.15g which was made available as a beta release a couple of weeks ago. It corrects all reported issues and, as well, includes several new minor features. (Please refer the enclosed Version History document for details.)

This update should be automatically detected by earlier Versions of Release 2 and 1.6.35. If it is not, you can download it directly from here.

Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
I have just uploaded AIFP Version 2.1.17. It includes fixes for several recently reported minor issues. Please refer the enclosed Version History document for details.)

Don

Last edited:
Hi Don,
1st, it's been a while since I've posted here, but I want to reitterate, thank you so much for AIFP and the wonderful support you provide to the AI community - it is very, very much appreciated. :wizard:

v2.1.17 Bug Report
While installing AIG flightplans and textures in FSX mode this morning, and locating a target directory manually in the pop-up tree when prompted, if the model= line does not match, you're presented with a "please select the number of the model you wish to use prompt.

1st issue, it is not presenting a list of possible models to choose from in the GUI prompt.

2nd issue, if you hit OK without entering any number in the prompt field, AIFP crashes with a debugger window. It happened twice this morning.

If I enter 1 in the model field, even though nothing is listed in the prompt, AIFP goes on without issue - i did check the result aircraft.cfg and it did enter a correct model= line by blindly entering 1.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Al, it's one of those cases where fixing one issue introduced another.

AIFP now generates the list. However, I was unable to reproduce the "crash".

Did the crash occur immediately for you, later when you attempted to fly the flight plan, or some other time? Please tell mne the first few lines of the error message or send me a screenshot.

Don

Hi Don,
It crashed when hitting OK button with a blank field for the model selection - at least that's what I recall. Maybe it had something to do with using the model info from the particular texture I was installing at the time. If you can't reproduce it readily, I wouldn't worry about it right now. Glad you got the model list sorted, though. AIFP just gets better every day.

Oh, and a bit of feedback, suggestion, request. :duck:

As you know, when installing a texture and AIFP is not sure what model/folder to use, it offers the selction tree. Is there a way to cache the list of AI aircraft folder, so the selection tree expands quicker?

On my particular installation with a descent number of AI folders in my collection (FSX\Simobjects\Aircraft\...), it takes 5 or 10 seconds for the tree to exapand, allowing me to select the checkbox for the folder in which I want to install the texture. This is on my 4GHz i7-920 dedicated FSX rig with two Velociraptor drives on a dedicated hardware raid card.

5 or 10 seconds my not seem like a lot until your installing 10, 20, or more flightplans consecutively and you find your self having to keep waiting for that selection tree to expand. Anything to speed that up would terrific. :)

gadgets

Resource contributor
As you know, when installing a texture and AIFP is not sure what model/folder to use, it offers the selction tree. Is there a way to cache the list of AI aircraft folder, so the selection tree expands quicker?
I was thinking about doing that very thing as I repeatedly waited for my list to expand. If I can do it risk-free, I will.

Re the crash, I'm reluctant to re-release knowing there's a fatal error just waiting to happen. Would you mind trying to reproduce it for me, please.

Don

Re the crash, I'm reluctant to re-release knowing there's a fatal error just waiting to happen. Would you mind trying to reproduce it for me, please.

I'm very sorry Don, I've spent over an hour now trying to find the particular FP and texture that caused the crash without any success. I did find two texture zips that generate the "select the model" dialog and both of them installed the texture without crashing. I tried... :confused:

Last edited:

gadgets

Resource contributor
Sorry to do this to you, folks, but I've had to release AIFP Version 2.1.18. It fixes an issue in version 17 that I introduced when fixing another problem.

Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
Release 2.1.19 fixes a day-1 bug that caused an exception if you attempted to install an aircraft that was included in the aifp.cfg file but for which no repaint data was provided.

Don

Don

When you open airport editor and open up a flightplan if you select ,from the aircraft menu, substitute selected aircraft the cancel button does not close the window, in fact the only way to close the window, at least for me, is to close down my computer. I'm using version 2.1.19

Dave Butler

Last edited:

gadgets

Resource contributor
Thanks for letting me know, David.

Reading "between the lines", I gather what you are telling me is that if you open a flight plan with the flight plan editor, attempt to substitute an aircraft and then change your mind, clicking Cancel does not close the "enter search criteria" dialog.

I have confirmed that's what happens on my system. (I suspect its been that way for some time.) It should be easy to fix (but will be fixed whether or not it's easy). In the meantime, if you enter "*", you'll get a list of all aircraft but that dialog will close.

Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
Good news, David. The problem was that I had commented-out the "cancel exit", presumably for some now-forgotten test purposes, With that exit back in, the dialog is closed by the Cancel button.

I'll re-release on the weekend if nothing else gets reported in the interim.

Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
AIFP Version 2.0.20 is available. It contains several minor enhancements requested via this forum and corrects a couple of recently-discovered issues. As well, the update routine has been modified to check for improvements on the new server - http://stuff4fs.com.

Other than the server update. Version 2.0.20 is identical to 2.0.19(d) which was released for test purposes a couple of weeks ago. Since no one has reported any deficiencies in it, I presume it's safe to release.

The update should be automatically detected and downloaded by existing users. If not, it can be downloaded from here.

Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
AIFP Version 2.1.21 is available.

This update fixes a couple of recently-reported minor bugs. As well, I had to change the folder configuration on the server which necessitated further edits to the update-checker routine. (The earlier update-check function is still operative, but only temporarily to allow you to access this update.)

This update should be automatically detected and downloaded. If not, it can be downloaded from here or by visiting the website http://stuff4fs.com.

Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
AIFP Version 2.1.22 is available.

This update adds several new features (see VersionHistory.pdf in the archive) and fixes a few minor issues.

This update should be automatically detected and downloaded. If not, it can be downloaded from here or by visiting the website http://stuff4fs.com.

Don

Last edited:
AI Flight Planner Version 2.1.22 Released

Version 2.1.01 has been uploaded. It fixes several issues that escaped detection during beta testing. The update should be automatically detected by both Versions 2.1.00 and 1.6.35. If it is not, you can download it directly from here.

Don

Problem with download.
There was a problem running de Auto Update.

Big Ben

gadgets

Resource contributor
There appears to be a residual problem in the auto-updater with the transfer to my new server. I'll re-release shortly.

Don

Status
Not open for further replies.