• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Introducing Development Release 3.4.3.14(b)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GHD

Country
england
Hi Don,

I thought you would like to know that 2.1.07 auto-downloaded fine on XP and produced a valid zip :D

Country
ca-alberta
Thanks for your hard work.
I have personally never found the past version that buggy. For the compiling/saving poblem, I had found a work-around.
If further improvement is desired, may I suggest (again) a few things:
- flightplans_.txt saved with 4-digit flt # and 3-digit FL in order to ease the manual edition with wordwrap.
- adjust FL based on aircraft type...
Thanks again,
Ghiom

Country
ca-alberta
One thing I just noticed: the save location option does not work for me still... It stays clicked to the default.
Ghiom

Country
us-newyork
not on my xp...

Thanks, Don... Your simultaneous work on this and SAMM is incredible.

My auto download on XP 32, sp3 again was unreadable, but the direct download works fine. I'll just blame in CA security suite, as I blame everything that is probably my fault!!!

What a great program. Thank you so much

Gary

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
If further improvement is desired, may I suggest (again) a few things:
- flightplans_.txt saved with 4-digit flt # and 3-digit FL in order to ease the manual edition with wordwrap.
Are you referring to the file name or file format?
- adjust FL based on aircraft type...
What do you suggest I use as a reference for altitude.

My auto download on XP 32, sp3 again was unreadable, but the direct download works fine.
Thanks for the kind words Gary. Re the auto-download, AIFP simply asks Windows to download a file and waits for Windows to declare when the download is complete. Then, AIFP asks what you want to do. Everything "in the middle" is NET/Framework and/or Windows. The process seems uneventful on most computers, but a few people frequently experience difficulties. Sometimes these difficulties are temporary (i.e., a few hours or days), for others (like you), it's long term. It is not confined to a single version of Windows. Bottom line, since the problem seems to be outside of AIFP, I don't know what I can do in AIFP to avoid it.

Don

Country
us-newyork
Enjoy your time away

"I don't know what I can do in AIFP to avoid it."

You should do nothing about it. As long as the direct download is available, it's simply not a problem.

What you should do is enjoy your time away. I hope it's holiday and not work

Gary

Country
ca-alberta
Code:
Are you referring to the file name or file format?

I am referring the the file format:
Rather than this:
1/14:00,1/16:50,90,F,22,PASM,1/17:30,1/18:47,90,F,2422,PAUN

I would prefer to see this:
1/14:00,1/16:50,090,F,0022,PASM,1/17:30,1/18:47,090,F,2422,PAUN

For the flight levels, I think the MRAI compiler does it, but I believe adding this feature to AIFPC would probably require a database of aircrafts that will be tough to link to the tool...

Thanks
Ghiom

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Ghiom, the first, i.e. formatting, is easy to do. But, I want to review the implications before committing.

For the second, I fear there would be more involved than simply accessing a database. For realism, you'd want separation, which would require analysis of the general direction of the flight and consideration of other flights in the area. As well, an internal database would require constant updating and/or an editor to accommodate new aircraft as they come into existence. Finally, AIFP doesn't require an aircraft to be installed on the system in order to be able to use it in a flight plan, so AIFP would not necessarily know what type of aircraft was being used. In total, it sounds like a fairly massive change, which is not something I want to undertake at this stage. I'd like to leave this one "on the table" for the time being.

Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
I would prefer to see this:
1/14:00,1/16:50,090,F,0022,PASM,1/17:30,1/18:47,090,F,2422,PAUN

Ghiom, this will be available in the next release of AIFP

Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
I have just released Version 2.1.08. Lack of access permission should no longer cause a Windows exception. As well, the auto-update feature now works as advertised".

The update should be automatically detected by both Versions 2.1.07 and 1.6.35. If it is not, you can download it directly from here.

Best Holiday wishes to all,
Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
I have just released Version 2.1.09. It fixes a problem that I introduced in 2.1.08 whereby, if you attempted to compile for FS9 with "Sequence FPs for Best AI Performance", you received a stream of "can't find aircraft .mdl file ..." messages.

The update should be automatically detected by both Versions 2.1.08 and 1.6.35. If it is not, you can download it directly from here.

Happy New Year to all,
Don

Country
australia
Thanks once again Don.

Could I make one further request for consideration. I choose not to use the "Sequence FPs for Best AI Performance" option but have to remember to deselect it each time I compile. Would it be possible to have it deselected as the default?

As this is a personal thing, perhaps an alternative would be for me to be able to modify the default setting in the .ini file. You never know, I may change my mind one day!

Have a Happy New Year.

Graham

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Graham, like most other user selections, this feature too should have been placed in the .ini file. Unfortunately, it came very late in the development process and putting it in the .ini file "fell through the cracks". It's very easy to do and I'm happy to do it for the next release. If you send me your e-mail address (pm or e-mail), I can send you a development release to test.

Don

Country
ca-alberta
Thanks very much for implementing my suggestions. The flightplans.txt looks very neat now.
Ghiom

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Happy New Year!

I have just released Version 2.1.10. It contains a number of additional minor improvements suggested by several of you, as well as addressing a couple of "situations" I noticed while implementing those improvements.

The update should be automatically detected by earlier Versions of Release 2 and 1.6.35. If it is not, you can download it directly from here.

Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
As often seems to be the case, immediately following release of an update, a new "bug" is discovered, This one, an initialization problem with new installs, has been there for some time, but not reported until a few days ago. So, I have just released Version 2.1.11.

The update should be automatically detected by earlier Versions of Release 2 and 1.6.35. If it is not, you can download it directly from here.

As well, this new release should require fewer of you to run as administrator.

Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
I have just released Version 2.1.12. It fixes the cause of an exception that was reported earlier today. As well, it contains several minor improvements that have beeen "hanging around" for a while. In particular:
  • the Update Selected Legs function now operates as I initially intended, and
  • the last compile path is now recorded for FS9 and FSX individually.
This update should be automatically detected by earlier Versions of Release 2 and 1.6.35. If it is not, you can download it directly from here.

Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
I have just released Version 2.1.13. It adds a timetable feature as requested by George (right-click Flight Plan List item). As well, it fixes a potential problem in the compiler dialog should you enter a non-existent source folder.

This update should be automatically detected by earlier Versions of Release 2 and 1.6.35. If it is not, you can download it directly from here.

Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Version 2.1.14 is now available. While initially planned to "tweak" a couple of features to make them more user friendly, this release fixes several other previously-unreported issues, among which are:

• repaints not automatically associated with the aircraft title to which they apply;
  • Leg List items out of sequence when displayed in local time and leg crosses midnight UTC;
  • a regional settings issue that resulted in certain airports being omitted from the traffic file (and associated traffic not being displayed);
  • (mis)naming of traffic files when using "structured filenames";
  • an exception thrown if the airports.txt file contained invalid positional data;
  • aircraft data not validated following editing with the text-editor; and
  • incomplete file/folder listings via "treeview".
As well, you may now have airport descriptions include any combination of city, name and UTC offset in addition ot the ICAO/IATA designator.

Don

Status
Not open for further replies.