• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Issue with B737-800 landing lights

Country
unitedkingdom
Hi Arno and thanks for all your help in the past. I have an issue with landing lights for the default B737-800. In essence I have been working on night improvements for the default B737 and so I have added two _LM textures using MCX in order to highlight the cockpit. It works well but when I save the revised model, the "attached object editor" is also updated meaning that the landing and taxi lights are permanently on because the effect parameters are set to zero [0]. I do not want to change the default effect parameters so is there a way to "Save only changes"? If I delete these lights, I lose the taxi and landing light ground light cone which is taken from a texture file. Is there a way to put the landing light cone, rather than just the light, into the Aircraft/[Lights] section? Many thanks, Charlie.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

Let me check if it's a bug that the parameters are not saved correctly. Because that seems to be the problem.

There is no way to only save certain changes, every save overwrites the entire model.

Country
unitedkingdom
Thanks Arno and Tom. The save issue would seem to be correct as you can only select day, dusk, night and dawn as on or off [0 and 1] in the add effects in the attached object editor. The default seems to be a single 0 which is effect always on. I tried putting no values in there, but the taxi and landing light effects did not work.

Tom, the problem seems to be one of alignment of the effect. I can get the effect and bmp files to work but the alignment issue is something that I cannot fathom. Maybe there is an Xml code for align effect to aircraft heading? The effect is aligned when the light [on an AI aircraft] is turned on:

align.jpg

align2.jpg

Country
unitedkingdom
Arno, I downloaded the latest release for MCX. Not sure if you tweaked it for the parameters, but I still get the lights [taxi and landing] permanently on after adding the cockpit _LM textures. I think that this was a deliberate move by Aces!! Charlie.

This is the default B737-800 parked at a gate with the new night textures, with taxi and landing lights permanently on:

lites%20on%20at%20gate.jpg

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
I haven't had the time yet to look at this issue, so no changes in ModelConverterX to fix it yet.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Yeah, I guess you already understood that this server move of the website kept me busy a bit in the last days (and probably also in the next few).

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

I have found the issue. The visibility condition of the attached effects was indeed lost. If you grab the new development release tomorrow it will be OK.