• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FS2004 KMYL - McCall, Idaho

Country
us-idaho
Sure, I'll see what I can do. Sorta laid up at the moment. Tore something in my shoulder that I had surgery on 12 years ago. So I've been sitting around the house playing FS and looking for neat addons. I'll try and snap some photos when I can. Need to get out of the house anyways. Would you like shots of just the hangars? Anything else?

Country
unitedstates
Thanks! Dang, I wish it was summer... :p

I could use some shots from the tarmac of Dew Aircraft, I think there's an airside sign and maybe a little lawn area out in front of it, although probably covered in snow at the moment.

I know very little about anything south of the Sawtooth Flying Service hangar, if you could go in that 2nd entrance off hwy 55 and walk all the taxiways southward getting straight-on shots of as many sides of each hangar as possible, that would be ideal. It's also good to get a few wide angle views from different perspectives. I know that's asking a lot, so get what you can get, anything will help.

I also have very few shots of the tanker base on the west side of the field, which would of course be better photographed in summer when the base was active, but...?

I'll see if I can bundle this up and then you can get a better idea of what's needed. I haven't touched it for months and I can't remember what's what. I'll send you a link tomorrow or the next day.

Jim

Country
unitedstates
Actually things have changed since I said that, there could very well be an FSX version one day. :)

Jim

Country
unitedstates
Yeah buddy!

Well Jim, that's good to hear. Glad to see you making it over to the darkside! Any chance that it'll be compatible with Orbx Southern Rockies?

Country
unitedstates
lol Alex :)

Yes absolutely Mark, anything I build for FSX will most definitely be Orbx compatible.

Jim

Country
unitedkingdom
great works :) and arno that comment you put made me laugh, it reminded me of grand theft auto san andreas lol

Blake

Country
unitedstates
No, not really. I did download some new imagery a couple months back, slightly better coloration, a bit easier to color-match/blend with GE-Pro or default textures, but not uniform from one area to the next, so I think I'll stick with the original.

I did a massive autogen upgrade while I was fiddling with the imagery, basically a repair to the existing agn which had many more than the max 600 trees allowed per tile. I reduced the number to 599 or less and got rid of some ugly bare areas that "wouldn't take autogen" prior. My own fault as I wasn't aware of the 600 tree limit the first time around.

That's about it, haven't had time for any upgrades to the field itself, sorry :eek: .

Jim

Country
us-idaho
Are you ever going to release this? This is awesome ORBX quality scenery. There are no good Idaho scenery out there.

Country
china
Like the Aerosoft products.very good texturing.BUT I want to know how do you made the mountain?

Country
unitedstates
No, not really. I did download some new imagery a couple months back, slightly better coloration, a bit easier to color-match/blend with GE-Pro or default textures, but not uniform from one area to the next, so I think I'll stick with the original.

I did a massive autogen upgrade while I was fiddling with the imagery, basically a repair to the existing agn which had many more than the max 600 trees allowed per tile. I reduced the number to 599 or less and got rid of some ugly bare areas that "wouldn't take autogen" prior. My own fault as I wasn't aware of the 600 tree limit the first time around.

That's about it, haven't had time for any upgrades to the field itself, sorry :eek: .

Jim

Hi Jim,

For color matching existing ground cover - have you tried Metrix ??? It's pretty darn amazing... I'm matching my scenery to the GE Pro tiles as well -and - with a couple clicks my photo scenery goes from a "sore thumb" - to being a pretty good match for GE Pro... I know this post was from a while back - but - Metrix is platform independent so it will work just as good with FSX… It's a GREAT tool...

http://www.jnrubin.net/psi/

Regards,
Scott

Last edited:
Country
unitedstates
Howdy Scott, yeah I have it and I actually used it on the imagery you see in these screenshots. It is definitely an amazing plug-in. I don't think the author has released a new version for 2013 yet though, my version wont run unless I set the computer clock back to some time in 2012. Did you manage to find one that works for 2013? I noticed the date on the current version is 2/24/12 so I was hoping he'd release an updated version here in a month or so. Having the computer clock set to 2012 wreaks havoc with my filing system - I save something that way, sort by date, and then mutter "where in the h*ll did it go" when I can't find it at the top of the list :) .

The problem with the new imagery for McCall is that there's a line running down the middle of it where one side doesn't match the other. I managed to dial it in fairly close with an individual adjustment layer for each part but you can still see the line. I think some feather edged blending may hide it but I haven't made it that far yet, lol.

Jim

Country
unitedstates
Hi Jim,

Ahh - the dreaded line issue - almost as bad as there are clouds in my way...
:)

Yeah - I just loaded it again last night from scratch on my new build - from a fresh download... Installed in PSP9 though - not PS... Ran fine - no issues and my clock says 2013... I was aware of the new release every year policy - but - it worked...

Regards,
Scott