• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSXA Landclass over default scenery problem

Country
unitedkingdom
I have been unable to cover this default road in ADE. The dark green area is Landclass-"Evergreen Tree Crop" but no matter what landclass I put there, this road shows through.

I've used a Poly-Exclude roads and also a Poly-Airport Background-Mask Class Map but no luck. I have just about finished my project now and this road spoils the generall view cutting through the green hill.

I also tried a Poly-Flatten mask Class Map which did flatten the hill but the road still showed through.

I do hope someone can advise me so I can finish this project. Thank you.

ADE 1.79 ProKey
FSX Gold with Acceleration

Attachments

• Landclass-over-default.jpg
    Landclass-over-default.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 70
You need to use Type "Exclude Specific", Tag has to be the exact surface and width of road such as "Roads Asphalt two lane undivided". You may have to try several different tags until you get the exact one.

Ed

Thanks for taking the trouble to reply, Ed.
Am I right in thinking that a small triangular polygon that intersects the road would be sufficient or does the whole length of the road need to be covered?

I've eliminated the "road".......Poly/Exclude Specific/Utility 1 removed it.
Sure looked likes a road to me but I noticed a single power pylon in the distance and the Utility exclude did the job.

The long straight stretches made me suspicious it might be that. Glad you figured it out.

Back