• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Last word on drive-through parkings

Paavo

Resource contributor
Country
estonia
There was a thread on drive-through parkings some time ago. I know little about the hacks of AI engine and so I wonder what was the last word on the drive-through parkings? Which method is the easiest?

Country
us-missouri
There was a thread on drive-through parkings some time ago. I know little about the hacks of AI engine and so I wonder what was the last word on the drive-through parkings? Which method is the easiest?

Not sure what you are asking Paavo

Do you mean which method, as in drive-thru vs. standard-type parking?

I know if you want ground dirt markings you can use an overlay.

I know if you want to prevent pushback you can put a blue node right on the center of the parking spot.

As to which outlet the AI goes when it is taxiing away, I have not experimented enough with that yet to know. It seems to be choosing the shortest route.

Paavo

Resource contributor
Country
estonia
eetuparkingcq8.png

No, I mean, I've got this kind of airport and I'd really like to make aircraft enter the parking spot from one path and exit from another.

Also, I need advice on hold shorts. As you can see from the chart, that airport has only one taxiway connecting apron to runway. Where should the hold node be placed? I have not tested it yet, but I'm afraid that aircraft will - for example - taxi and hold short of the runway while another aircraft is landing, if I place the node on taxiway.

Last edited:

GHD

Country
england
There is only one way you can have drive-through parking in that situation. You need to have separate entry/exit taxiways. However, with only one entrance/exit, there is no way you can prevent aircraft "ghosting" through each other except by careful timing of take-off and landing.

George

Paavo

Resource contributor
Country
estonia
Thanks, I used the plumbing method and it works fine. Too bad that I had to close one runway.