• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Ménestrel HN-700 for Prepar3D v4

Lagaffe

Resource contributor
Country
france
Good morning,

A few words to present an old project dating from 2011 (http://frenchvfr.free.fr/articles.php?lng=fr&pg=86&mnuid=491&tconfig=0) that I decided during Christmas hollidays to update for Prepar3D.
This project which has born under Gmax has been translated for Blender in order to use the possibility to create Ambient Occlusion and improve the final textures.

Menestrel_HN-700_AOD.jpg

HN-700_Chantier_00.jpg

M_nestrel_HN-700.jpg

M_nestrel_HN-700_fildefer.jpg

The result:
M_nestrel_HN-700_Paint.jpg

I made the same operation for the aircraft's interior and it's wonderful to obtain this result with so little works.

M_nestrel_HN-700_Interior.jpg

Menestrel_HN-700_AO.jpg

With a checker image (2048 pixels) to see the resolution of fuselage and wings

M_nestrel_HN-700_cartes_UVW.jpg

Menestrel_HN-700_cartes_UVW.jpg

Last edited:

rotorhub

Resource contributor
Country
norway
Good morning,

A few words to present an old project dating from 2011 (http://frenchvfr.free.fr/articles.php?lng=fr&pg=86&mnuid=491&tconfig=0) that I decided during Christmas hollidays to update for Prepar3D. This project which has born under Gmax has been translated for Blender in order to use the possibility to create Ambient Occlusion and improve the final textures.
Menestrel_HN-700_AOD.jpg

I made the same operation for the aircraft's interior and it's wonderful to obtain this result with so little works.
Menestrel_HN-700_AO.jpg

With a checker image (2048 pixels) to see the resolution of fuselage and wings

Menestrel_HN-700_cartes_UVW.jpg
It looks very nice, and will pobably work well in VR as well. .

Lagaffe

Resource contributor
Country
france
Some news of this VFR aircraft ...

M_nestrel_HN-700_UV.jpg

Menestrel_HN-700_rear.jpg

Menestrel_HN-700_Paint.jpg

M_nestrel_HN-700_Train_arriere.jpg

M_nestrel_HN-700_Train_avant.jpg

Menestrel_HN-700_VC_Paint.jpg

Menestrel_HN-700_Details.jpg

The exterior is going to be finished soon (it remains the front gear before) and the mapping of the various pieces is almost finished, textures and paintkit are 80% realized, it will be for me to detail the cockpit.
Then there will remain animations and XML coding but on this last point I put in reserve a lot of lines of code XML since I started to create planes for FS2004 then FSX and finally P3D 64bits.

M_nestrel_HN-700_Interior_flying.jpg

Last edited:

Lagaffe

Resource contributor
Country
france
Some news about this Ménestrel HN-700.
Recently, I discover Substance Painter/Quixel products and the possibility to create better textures (I am not a good painter :rolleyes:). So I try to use S.P. in order to improve my texture creations.
Here is the result obtained with the front and rear wheels of the Ménestrel:
2018-03-05_220756.jpg

2018-03-05_220907.jpg
2018-03-05_220813.jpg

2018-03-05_220756.jpg

2018-03-05_220813.jpg

The workflow must be improved because for the moment it's very empiric solution :cool:

Last edited:
Country
denmark
Some news about this Ménestrel HN-700.
Recently, I discover Substance Painter/Quixel products and the possibility to create better textures (I am not a good painter :rolleyes:). So I try to use S.P. in order to improve my texture creations.
Here is the result obtained with the front and rear wheels of the Ménestrel:

2018-03-05_220756.jpg

2018-03-05_220813.jpg

The workflow must be improved because for the moment it's very empiric solution :cool:

Bonjour, Well if you are not good at painting then I must be horrible.... Looks nice ;) And as usual from your hand this is superb modeling - and also a beautiful plane with nice lines. I look forward to testing it.

Henrik

Lagaffe

Resource contributor
Country
france
After three days of hollidays, somes pics of my work on the cockpit and the pilote with Substance Painter 2.
Menestrel_HN-700_Pilote.jpg

Cockpit
Menestrel_HN-700_Cockpit.jpg

M_nestrel_HN-700_Rear_View.jpg

Menestrel_HN-700_RearView.jpg

The textures that are made from Substance Painter 2, have required quite a lot of investment in the software since Christmas but I think I have found an operating mode that gives satisfaction and that allows despite the fact that the tool is rather designed for PBR textures to get "basic" textures that you just have to arrange in your graphics software to get the final texture.

For the moment the Bumps are not finished for the interior cockpit but the plane and its pilot are 300 Mo, the MDL weigh 14 Mo each and the whole is only 174 000 polys....
That said I still have a lot of details to add and animations to include.

Last edited:

Kekelekou

Resource contributor
Country
france
Gorgeous indeed, Didier!
The pilot’s skin is looking a bit shiny though. She’s just out of the sauna?

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Hot day, plexiglass canopy.

Any plans for less Lara Croft and more female pilot (headset, sunglasses, maybe a basecap)?

Lagaffe

Resource contributor
Country
france
Hi,

Theses screenshots were the firsts images that I capture after my job of the weekend on this subject. The work isn't finish and I should add some improvement on "my pilot": headset, circular sunglass ...
Pilot's textures should be modificated (alpha channel is'nt correct for me).
I had also to work on the rain effects (trueglass) ....
But this will be the job of the next week ;)

Lagaffe

Resource contributor
Country
france
Since the release v4.4 of P3D, I think use his SDK to create PBR texture for this airplane.

Lagaffe

Resource contributor
Country
france
Two years after, it seems that a lot of people has adopted Substance Painter solution, and Quixel was forgetten of P3D developments.
My Mesnestrel is in the last step of development and will be released as soon as possible.

Last edited:

rotorhub

Resource contributor
Country
norway
Two years after, it seems that a lot of people has adopted Substance Painter solution, and Quixel was forgetten of P3D developments.
My Mesnestrel is in the last step of development and will be released as soon as possible.
This looks very nice and sleek:D Great modelling! I still have not looked at either Substance Painter or Quixel, but for PBR I guess it's a must. It's on my "To Do" list.

Rotorhub

Lagaffe

Resource contributor
Country
france
Hi,

An another view of my last project, debited in 2010 on Gmax and that I want to finish and publish for Prepar3D v5 via Blender3P3DFSX.

Menestrel_HN-433_2020-07-07.jpg

This screen was made last week but I have some improvements on the cockpit and exterior is full mapped via TexTools for Blender.
Cocpit_2020-07-14.jpg

More screens tomorow ...

Lagaffe

Resource contributor
Country
france
Good evening, sir,

I still manage to advance this Minstrel.

The Ambient Occlusions of the wings, the fuselage and the interior are almost finished, a retouch on the interior remains to be done.
I've been working on the details forgotten 8 years ago on the first version for FS2004 and since Prepar3D and MSFS accept polys without flinching, I'm letting go ...

Here is the cockpit, at least the high view of the instrument panel and the instruments as well as the magnificent seat (original blue velvet) to welcome your serant during the long hours of flight.
Baignoire-2020-08-02.jpg

On the left side we have the cockpit vent, the two latches to lock the canopy, a little lower is the trim control. On the seat the safety harness finished yesterday and on the left the radio block and its connectors for the helmet.
Tableau-de-bord-2020-08-02.jpg

As well as the low view with the crankset and brakes (work of the day) in progress
Cockpit-2020-08-02.jpg

I have voluntarily left the "wireframes" (the construction wire) to give you an idea of the number of vertices and polygons that need to be processed to achieve a nice visual.
If I don't mess up on the textures, it should be able to pass in the "payware" category.

For the flight model, I was able to keep the center of gravity of this model on the 2010 one so the old flight model that we had refined with "Bee-Gee" (Restauravia and RFN team) is still current and so apart from the animations and textures ... it's not too bad ;)

Lagaffe

Resource contributor
Country
france
Today, I have finish the 3D and mapped all pieces so I will began textures.
First with my old method an then with Substance Painter ...

The cockpit

Tableau-de-bord-2020-08-06.jpg