• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Max 9 and SDK problems

Messages
4
Country
ca-ontario
Hey guys,
I have read a bunch of the threads here. But still not sure how to fix my problem.

I have installed MAX 9 and the FSX SDK plugins on my new computer (Win 7)
Max 9 64 BIT installed fine but will not open when I click the icon. No errors displayed, just nothing happens.

Max 9 32 BIT installed fine. When it loads up I get 5 consecutive errors before it loads up. (Errors jpg attached)

Installed the FSX SDK plugin for Max 9 in the right spot and I get error messages telling me to put it in the right path. (Errors Max9 jpg attached)

Help greatly appreciated!
 

Attachments

  • Errors.jpg
    Errors.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 625
  • Errors_Max9.jpg
    Errors_Max9.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 611
Last edited:
All the above problems corrected by installing Max9 SP2 and by running Max9 under Vista! Go figure. You just right click on the 3DS max icon, go to properties and then to compatibility. Choose the OS and version and you are in business!
 
Oh yes! You must have Max9's SP2 installed for the video drivers to work properly also. I went through the same pain about a month ago... :)

My development machine is running Vista 32, but my flightsim 'puter is running Win7x64. The FS machine is set up as a "flight station" so it's pretty much useless for development work...

...the yoke, other controls and the keyboard being off-set to the left at an angle makes it very difficult to use for any other purpose. :rotfl:
 
Last edited:
@Doering, I went thru the same steps as you and reached the same "solution". What struck me as odd was that folks on line claimed there was no way to make max9 work with vista or 7 unless you subscribed to the maintenance program. The solution was a "productivity pack" only available to subscribers. Recently I began to do some modelling, and after a workout, I had a freeze. Then another. Downright annoying, to the point that I am wondering if the truth was that the "solution" really wasn't one. Have you given max a real workout yet, and proven that all is well (including making some materials and editing them)? Good luck, I hope your's works for you. I'm seriously considering installing xp back on my machine and making it a dual boot, just for max9.
 
Back
Top