• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MDL attach an FX effect??

Country
unitedstates
Hi Arno..Is there a way to attach an effect to an mdl object? I see something about it in the Makemdl doc ,,but it seems to be for xml..

Country
us-newjersey
is this a custom made object or default libary object...and if custom, what tool did u create and what kind of effect.

Dave

Country
unitedstates
I was thinking custom made with fsds v3 ..it exports x file,bgl,mdl,xml..was wondering if an effect could be imported into Ez-scenery..I doubt it..it needs mdl.. but an x file or asm file can be hand edited (to attach an effect??) I wonder..seems only xml can do that..this will probably be a short thread :D

Country
us-newjersey
i know its possible in gmax but really not sure how fsds works and what i hear its pretty different setup then gmax

Dave

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
In GMax it is indeed possible with the attachtool script. All this script does is add some code so that MakeMDL knows what to add, but I am not sure if FSDS3 has similar functionality already.

Country
unitedstates
Ok thanks arno and all..I used Gmax and got it don..works ok in EZ scenery but you can not see it as you place it though..but after a rebOOt you can..much easier adding than SP effects sdk

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
One other warning, excludes active in the same area do also remove attached effects. So it does not always work as intended.

That is why I usually do not attach them, but place them with their own bit of XML code (in that case they are not excluded).