• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS Model and textures no go...working on this for days

Country
us-northcarolina
Something simple but something I am missing? I have read the manual from front to back... Actually first time the model showed up in purple and actually in the model list... But still unless the dds' are wrong format size etc.

Hoping to nail this down soon...lol

BobM.

Attachments

• It ain't there.JPG
    It ain't there.JPG
    740.2 KB · Views: 65
  • It ain't there2.JPG
    It ain't there2.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 55
  • KINT 0.jpg
    KINT 0.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 58
  • It ain't there3.JPG
    It ain't there3.JPG
    81.6 KB · Views: 63
Country
unitedstates
I always suggest first checking the DevMode console window for errors.

You have shown us the PackageSources, but nothing about the compiled package ... are you testing in DevMod or installing directly into the sim? How are you compiling the model?

Are you sure the model is referencing folder "textures"? Could it be looking for "texture"?, or looking in the modelLib folder (i.e., no texture folder specified)?

Country
us-northcarolina
I am using ADE... I really know nothing about DEV Mode.... The texture folder is textures..wrong? I am recompiling in ADE.

Attachments

• current compiler.txt
    2.4 KB · Views: 81
  • 21JPG.JPG
    21JPG.JPG
    171.1 KB · Views: 49
Country
unitedstates
Perhaps the problem isn't your use of ADE, but rather the model/textures? How about putting the model files and textures in a zip file and attaching them to your post?

Country
unitedstates
The model displayed in MSFS for me after adding to an airport model list and placing with ADE. The problem is not textures because what is seen in MSFS and in ModelConverterX has no textures.
terminal.JPG

Country
unitedstates
Extract files from the attached modelLib.zip file. Place .bin, .Gltf and .xml files in your modelLib folder and the .png textures into the modelLib>texture folder. Add to model list in ADE and place model from right-click menu.

Attachments

• modelLib.zip
    559.9 KB · Views: 77
Country
us-northcarolina
Thank you @art209 ... Installed and restarting MSFS ...Nothing.......Like in the prev pictures....slab with a few trees growing thru it....I created the apron and placed the building on top of that...since it was forest growing up thru untextured building. I don't expect you to do any more. You have been great.... I did exactly as you said... I am sending you the project..(from my project folder in F20 inside ADE .and the compiled folders (build project) and look at the structure.. Not sure that is the problem but the png's in the texture folder have been converted in the community to dds'.... Building still not showing up.

Very Best to you !!!!

Attachments

• KINT-REDO - Copy.zip
    4.9 MB · Views: 63
  • kint-smith-reynolds-redo - Copy.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 73
Last edited:

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
I'm not sure what happened. I rebuilt the ADE project as a 2-way project so you can ad/edit in the DevMode, as well as in ADE MSFS v19

Attachments

• KINT-Smith-Reynolds.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 79
Country
us-northcarolina
OMG...Thank you!!! you have made this old man happy :) @rhumbaflappy ....I have been trying to figure out the file extension for the textures.. Are you using a program GIMP; Inkscape; Super.PNG for PS or what or are you just naming the dds .png.dds.. (they are all Capitalized).... and the textures be copied to Json...

One other...is there a way to get the upper end of the Mccarran Terminal level all the way across or what?
I owe you one....Thank you. Been working on this for months.... The BGL in the modelib wants to open with 1.79..should I point to ADE MSFS Alpha19 exe to open the file?

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
The extension for textures is PNG or JPG for the developer. The compiler in the sim converts the texture to a DDS format. I would use the Alpha 19 for anything done for MSFS.