• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS Model List

Country
us-northcarolina
It actually worked once but ADE crashed when building project.

I have 2 models with the gltf file (do I need more than that?) I added one model to the list..It showed up with GUID....then I tried to add a second model with the gltf and it immediately crashed and i forwarded the file.....the two glft are not in a directory but just sitting in the modellib folder.. But when I click on the gltf..i get this error message.

Once i sort this out..I have both of these in library object manager..do I need that because all it did originally for giving me a very small dot with no guid etc and no way to size it.....

Thanks,

BobM.

Attachments

• 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 71
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    725.8 KB · Views: 71
Country
unitedstates
It is literally telling you that it is unable to find that McCarranAirportTerminal.xml,... or is that "McCarranAirport Terminal.xml"(?). I've seen troubles before with spaces in filenames not matching. Anyway, double-checking that xml file Path\Name is the first thing I would look into. (I imagine Jon will appreciate having this crash information so he can add some more graceful error handling.)

Country
us-northcarolina
been working on this for days.... I notice that when I add the folder with the BGL..there is no guid? Long and short..nothing showing up..

Any ideas..

BobM.

Attachments

• 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    151.4 KB · Views: 58
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    197.8 KB · Views: 58
  • 9.JPG
    9.JPG
    361.2 KB · Views: 68
Country
us-northcarolina
Thanks.. @art209

I managed to add model in the ADE model folder with its own folder and has a xml/bin/glft and ADE shows it in yellow..now black. I added the jpg to the images for this model and I added to the list..but the list doesn't save..it adds but looses it and the file comes up as unknown.. When I added it to the LOM..it shows up but no GUID but there is a guid in the model list when added but it doesn't stick if you close and restart ade... Not sure whats going on..Thanks for sharing any insights. I build the project but when I relaunch ADE..the object is gone.

BobM.

Attachments

• 13.JPG
    13.JPG
    57 KB · Views: 51
  • 14.JPG
    14.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 51
  • 15.JPG
    15.JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 59
  • 16.JPG
    16.JPG
    377 KB · Views: 59
  • 17.JPG
    17.JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Country
unitedstates
I'm not sure how you did it, but it appears you are adding the model to library objects and placing from there. My custom model .bin, .Gltf and .xml files are placed in the ModelLib folder in Package Sources with or without their own folder and textures in that textures folder. The model is added to the model list in ADE and placed by selecting "model" from the right-click menu and selecting from that list. Never had a problem. LOM's is something I haven't yet worked out for MSFS.

Country
us-northcarolina
I'm not sure how you did it, but it appears you are adding the model to library objects and placing from there. My custom model .bin, .Gltf and .xml files are placed in the ModelLib folder in Package Sources with or without their own folder and textures in that textures folder. The model is added to the model list in ADE and placed by selecting "model" from the right-click menu and selecting from that list. Never had a problem. LOM's is something I haven't yet worked out for MSFS.
I actually put the model in the model folder of ADE.... I open list/models right click and add...navigate to the model glft in ADE/F20/Models (where I saved it).. I click at bottom..add and navigate to folder and add the glft and then it shows up in the list with the guid and i click "save list layout..close out.. right click on add/models and add it..shows up in purple...put it where i want it..save project and build...add to community.. I open ADE again and the model is not in the list (which is totally empty) and objects appears black and file unknown as a "Library Object"/ has a guid. I have removed the model from the LOM.... The model is in the modellib with bin/gltf.xml as well as in the F20/models folder... Since I am not using LOM...should there be a jpeg/dds some where for the black model appearance or NO?... And No the model doesn't appear in the sim.

Thanks @art209

At a lose?

Attachments

• 18.JPG
    18.JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 58
Country
unitedstates
I actually put the model in the model folder of ADE.... I open list/models right click and add...navigate to the model glft in ADE/F20/Models (where I saved it).. I click at bottom..add and navigate to folder and add the glft and then it shows up in the list with the guid and i click "save list layout..close out.. right click on add/models and add it..shows up in purple...put it where i want it..save project and build...add to community.. I open ADE again and the model is not in the list (which is totally empty) and objects appears black and file unknown as a "Library Object"/ has a guid. I have removed the model from the LOM.... The model is in the modellib with bin/gltf.xml as well as in the F20/models folder... Since I am not using LOM...should there be a jpeg/dds some where for the black model appearance or NO?... And No the model doesn't appear in the sim.

Thanks @art209

At a lose?

You need to copy the .bin, .Gltf and .xml files (or a folder containing these files) to the ModelLib folder in the Package Sources folder created when you started the project, assuming you checked "models" in "asset groups" when you started. Textures must also be copied to the texture folder created within the ModelLib folder. Reading section 16 of ADE release notes is recommended.