• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

ModelConverterX Spot light not working in FSX

Country
india
I'm experiencing an issue with ModelConverterX latest version(1.6) when converting my basic SketchUp model to an MDL file. The problem I'm encountering is that the spotlights I placed using the Attached Object Editor window and some options are being switched back to default(highlighted) after the conversion process. Additionally, these spotlights are not visible in FSX. I have carefully added the necessary inputs for the spotlights' options, ensuring they match my desired specifications and compiled without any error messages.

I would greatly appreciate any assistance in resolving this issue. Please let me know if there are any specific steps or settings I should review to ensure the spotlights are properly converted and visible in FSX.

this is the .dae file being completed setup

dae file during setup.JPG

This is the .mdl file after conversion

mdl file after setup.JPG

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

Spotlights are only supported from P3D v4 and not for older versions.

Country
india
oh hoo.. Thank you Mr Arno for the quick response, Is their any other best option for spot light effect for FSX airport scenery?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
I think most people used to make the spot light as a ground polygon for FSX.

Country
india
I have a bit complicated textures for apron overlay. I used a transparent layer on top of the overlay for some specific area where spot lights are required.

These are the mcx options , And I used spotlight as its emissive texture and set InvSrcColor and SrcColor for blend option.

options.JPG

But the output is not as expected. The spot texture have a black shade. Did I do something wrong?
spot light.JPG