• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FS2004 Moving AI traffic from one airport to another by percentage of legs

Country
germany
Let me explain this title..

Each time I install (WOAI-) traffic, I want to move 50 percent of the legs from VHHH to VHHX to get traffic on old and new Hongkong airports.

I know it is "unreal" but looks very nice...

It was easy with AITM2, just adding VHHX to the "...airport.txt" and move the desired percentage..

With AIFP I have to check about 200 flightplans (Emirates) if there is a leg with VHHH and change every second leg to VHHX.

Another application of moving AI traffic is the new airport of Quito:

Existing traffic files had to be changed from "SEQU" to "SEQM" ...

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Guenther, given that a similar feature has not (to my recollection) been requested before, I suspect what you are asking for is not of general interest. As well, such a feature would seem to have limited application (HK only?) The associated development effort to implement in AIFP would be significant. So, unless a few more users "jump on the bandwagon", it's not something I'm eager to do.

Since AITM seems to have the desired capability, and the process needs to be done only once per flight plan, why not perform your substitute operation at an early stage using AITM. Then use AIFP for the balance of your changes. AIFP would not undo what AITM did.

Alternately, you might consider another source of flight plans which schedules traffic into both airports.

Don

Country
germany
Hi Don,

thanks for your quick and detailed answer.

I understand your opinion and have to respect it.

Perhaps I was to much influenced of AITM2 (means "AI Traffic Mover")
So I thought there are more situations where traffic was to move.

Yes, I used AITM2 for moving first and then AIFP for the "fine" work.
But AITM2 changed my flightplans totally. 10h from OMDB to EDDM was
twice the realistic time and so all legs were nonsense, starting before landing and so on...

Dont worry, I will go the simple manual way of editing the flightplan legs.

Thanks a lot for your fine programs and the continueing support and updates.

Best regards from Bavaria

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Guenther. AIFP has a subset feature that will allow you to extract/exclude all flightplans that contain a given airport. Try this:

Extract all the flight plans that fly to HK. Then, create another file that contains only those flightplans that do not use HK. The two files together contain the same set of flight plans as the original. Now, split the "Use HK" file roughly in two and do a global edit on one of the halves to change HK International to Kai Tak. Merge all three files (or leave them separate) and now about half your traffic should go to Kai Tak.

Don

Country
germany
sounds fine -

But doesn' work...

You cannot cut out a leg from a closed chain of weekly flightplans...

(and the subset function seems to have a bug, because only the first flightplan is processed, I suppose...)

thanks anyway,

I have already processed the biggest package by manually editing the legs.

All the best for 2014

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Guenther, there is a fix in one of the earlier development releases which fixes a bug in sub-setting that may be the source of your difficulty. Please download Development Release 2.2.09(m) from http://stuff4fs.com and give that a try. If it still doesn't work, would you please be specific as the entry in/state of each control on the subset panel.

Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Thanks, Guenther. Having taken a closer look at the subset feature, it won't fully do what you need, but could be helpful. Re the bug, that will be fixed.

Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Development Release 2.2.09(n), now available from http://stuff4fs.com fixes the sub-setting bug.

I have also added the capability to exclude either by leg or by flight plan, which should allow you to accomplish what you want to do without any manual editing at all.

Happy New Year to All,
Don