• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS loads wrong livery for my AIFP traffic.

Country
belgium
I was testing the new AIFP to create some offline schedules.

I'm using the IVAO database provided by FSL TL.

I first tested a single flight with an A319 Brussels Airlines plane. It worked fine.

[Question 1]
I noticed the A330s in this pack didn't include a Brussels Airlines livery so I copied the .dds from my FS9 folder. (I saw it had the exact same layout so it should work right?)
I created a new livery in the pack, added the next [FLTSIM.xx], copied the BER texture folder and replaced the .dds with my Brussels Airlines version. Then I updated the layout.json.

But when I loaded this flight in MSFS it loaded a blank livery (so no windows either). I don't see anything I did wrong.
Do you have to have the correct 'size' and 'date' in the layout.json to make it work?
Or do you have to run the livery through the sdk somehow? (and thus does it not simply let me add it like we did in FS9/FSX?)

[Question 2]
I then decided to test a livery for the A330s that was already included in the IVAO pack.
I added a BER airliner to my schedule. To my surprise the Brussels Airlines now also had a Air Berlin livery.

I read somewhere that MSFS loads random airliners to populate the schedule. Is this still believed to be true?

after this I removed the BER airliner from my schedule, hoping to get the blank livery back, but it still loads as BER.
Is there anyway to reset it, or will it be fixed when I fix the issue at question 1?

[Question 3]
I noticed the IVAO airliners don't have any sizes. (or at least it doesn't get loaded by AIFP), and parking spaces are always 'ANY'.
This resulted in the BER airliner loading in on a military jet spot. (it's a funny sight to see an A330 parked in a spot meant for an F-16)

Would it be worth it to fill in these sizes and parking spots with more accurate data? Does MSFS still use these values like FS9/FSX?
I guess we can't edit the airports yet to have values on the stands either. (size, airliner type & airline code) At least not without redoing the entire airport?

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
I'm going to have to pass on these questions since I don't use the IVAO pack. Others have reported successful use of the IVA0 pack with MSFS. Perhaps one of them would jump in.

Country
us-newyork
I was testing the new AIFP to create some offline schedules.

I'm using the IVAO database provided by FSL TL.

I first tested a single flight with an A319 Brussels Airlines plane. It worked fine.

[Question 1]
I noticed the A330s in this pack didn't include a Brussels Airlines livery so I copied the .dds from my FS9 folder. (I saw it had the exact same layout so it should work right?)
I created a new livery in the pack, added the next [FLTSIM.xx], copied the BER texture folder and replaced the .dds with my Brussels Airlines version. Then I updated the layout.json.

But when I loaded this flight in MSFS it loaded a blank livery (so no windows either). I don't see anything I did wrong.
Do you have to have the correct 'size' and 'date' in the layout.json to make it work?
Or do you have to run the livery through the sdk somehow? (and thus does it not simply let me add it like we did in FS9/FSX?)

[Question 2]
I then decided to test a livery for the A330s that was already included in the IVAO pack.
I added a BER airliner to my schedule. To my surprise the Brussels Airlines now also had a Air Berlin livery.

I read somewhere that MSFS loads random airliners to populate the schedule. Is this still believed to be true?

after this I removed the BER airliner from my schedule, hoping to get the blank livery back, but it still loads as BER.
Is there anyway to reset it, or will it be fixed when I fix the issue at question 1?

[Question 3]
I noticed the IVAO airliners don't have any sizes. (or at least it doesn't get loaded by AIFP), and parking spaces are always 'ANY'.
This resulted in the BER airliner loading in on a military jet spot. (it's a funny sight to see an A330 parked in a spot meant for an F-16)

Would it be worth it to fill in these sizes and parking spots with more accurate data? Does MSFS still use these values like FS9/FSX?
I guess we can't edit the airports yet to have values on the stands either. (size, airliner type & airline code) At least not without redoing the entire airport?
Q1. I've edited the IVAO aircraft.cfg files and the sim still uses them correctly without updating layout.json. Adding a texture might be a different story, though. . But if you're concerned that you did something wrong with the json files, here are two helpful utilities that can be used to validate the json files:

https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/online-json-file-validators.448981/

Q2. As far as I can tell, using AIFP to change the aircraft models that are referenced in a traffic BGL file and mounting the traffic BGL files to MSFS works correctly.

Q3. I've updated the various entries such as atc_airline, etc. to match the correct values. However, I haven't tried to change the settings for the model itself to match specific parking space sizes. For example, here are the changes that I made for Southwest:

Code:
atc_id="1262"
atc_id_enable=1
atc_airline="SOUTHWEST"
atc_flight_number="1262"
atc_heavy=0
atc_id_color="0x00000000"
atc_id_font=""
isAirTraffic=1
isUserSelectable=0
atc_parking_types="GATE"
atc_parking_codes="SWA"

With these changes, the MSFS ATC refers to this specific model as "atc_airline atc_id" or "Southwest 1262". At present, the MSFS ATC will not use the flight number information contained in the traffic BGL file and I'm not aware of any setting in an MSFS configuration file that will force the sim to do so.

Country
belgium
I have done some more research.

It seems that MSFS has issues with flightplans generated by AIFP if you have the same model with different liveries. It just picks one livery and gives them to all airliners of the same model.
(all of my Brussels Airlines A320 fleet ended up with the Tomorrowland special livery, All of my A319s got the Star Alliance livery)

This is also why my custom added Brussels Airlines A330 livery showed up as Air Berlin when I tested with an Air Berlin added.

I have not tested yet what happens if you have the same model with different liveries in separate schedules. But I assume that works fine. (cause if not I wouldn't be the only one complaining :) )
So I think it only happens if you have these liveries in one traffic file.

Can somebody confirm this? And can somebody see if it's an issue at MSFS' side or AIFP?
I kinda fear custom AI traffic plans is pretty low on Asobo's priority list. :/

edit: I'm assuming my Brussels Airlines livery showing up black is a separate issue. I tested the .json validator above, which approved my edit.
But I'll take the issue to a better suited topic.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
The FSX traffic file format specifies aircraft by:
  • title from the [Fltsim.n] block (which indirectly also specifies the livery),
  • cruise speed, and
  • reference number (which relates it to one or more flight plans.
If MSFS does it's own thing in choosing aircraft, there's not much AIFP can do about it. But, given that you seem to also have a (missing) texture issue with Brussels airline, I'd be inclined to take a closer look at the aircraft.cfg file.

Country
belgium
I'm fairly confident the blank livery (A330 only) is a separate issue.

The liveries for the A319s and A320s work if you try them separately. But once you have multiple liveries for the same model in one flightplan, it only uses one livery for all.

Example for the A319:
Code:
[FLTSIM.27]
Title="BEL A319"
Model=""
Texture="bel" ; texture folder
Panel=""
Sound=""
KB_Checklists=""
KB_Reference=""
description=""
wip_indicator=0
ui_manufacturer="IVAO.aero (X-CSL)"
ui_type="A319"
ui_variation="AIB"
ui_typerole="Airliner" ; e.g. Single Engine Prop, Twin Engine Prop, Rotorcraft, etc
ui_createdby="IVAO (X-CSL)"
ui_thumbnailfile=""
ui_certified_ceiling=41000
ui_max_range=-1
ui_autonomy=-1
ui_fuel_burn_rate=-1
atc_id="OO-SSG"
atc_id_enable=1
atc_airline="BEELINE"
atc_flight_number=""
atc_heavy=0
atc_id_font=""
isAirTraffic=0
isUserSelectable=0
atc_parking_types="GATE,RAMP" ; "ANY" / "RAMP" / "CARGO" / "MIL_CARGO" / "MIL_COMBAT" / "GATE" / "DOCK"
atc_parking_codes="BEL"

[FLTSIM.28]
Title="BEL A319 Star Alliance"
Model=""
Texture="bel2"
Panel=""
Sound=""
KB_Checklists=""
KB_Reference=""
description=""
wip_indicator=0
ui_manufacturer="IVAO.aero (X-CSL)"
ui_type="A319"
ui_variation="AIB"
ui_typerole="Airline"
ui_createdby="IVAO (X-CSL)"
ui_thumbnailfile=""
ui_certified_ceiling=41000
ui_max_range=-1
ui_autonomy=-1
ui_fuel_burn_rate=-1
atc_id="OO-SSC"
atc_id_enable=1
atc_airline="BEELINE"
atc_flight_number=""
atc_heavy=0
atc_id_font=""
isAirTraffic=0
isUserSelectable=0
atc_parking_types="GATE,RAMP"
atc_parking_codes="BEL"

Note: I have only edited Title, atc_airline, atc_parking_types and atc_parking_codes.

@Jay Bloomfield the ATC does refer to the airlines using the flightnumber from the flightplan for me. Perhaps try leaving atc_flight_number blank in the config.

Country
us-newyork
@Tjoeker,

Thanks. Setting the atc_airline to a valid call sign and atc_flight_number="" does seem to pull the flight numbers from the BGL file. Also, the reason I haven't see the issue with the mismatched liveries is that I use converted AIG BGL files which are limited to one airline per file.:)

Country
us-newyork
Unfortunately, what I have noticed is after the above change, the sim is creating duplicate versions of specific flights. It seems to be about 1 in ten flights are duplicated and pairs of aircraft fly around in formation. This also could be a result of something that Asobo changed in version 1.95 of MSFS.