• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS SDK 0.7.1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Country
us-ohio
Uh... is it acceptable to provide access to something that requires purchase of the product to get it?

Country
italy
Any news?
Very few
------------------------------------------------------

Release notes​

SDK release 0.7.1​

SDK changes​

• Fixed potential crash on Steam version when building packages with fspackagetool.exe.
  • WASM:
    • Mouse events are now forwarded to modules through a new mouse callback.

Developer mode changes​

• General:
    • Fix general settings saves.

Country
us-illinois
Uh... is it acceptable to provide access to something that requires purchase of the product to get it?
AFAIK, FireFox > Tools > Downloads > Copy Download Link should not be disclosing anything proprietary or restricted.

IIUC, if such a link works ...it works, and anyone allowing a download would obfuscate URLs they wanted restricted or configured on a per-user basis. :scratchch

Of course, if you are alluding to something different, Ed, this would be an opportune time for you to explain yourself ...very carefully. :alert:

GaryGB

Country
us-ohio
This post in the official forums indicates how to obtain a copy of the SDK.
It clearly shows that one must own a copy of said product to download the SDK, it does not offer, anywhere that I am aware of, public access to the SDK outside of the software's own built-in access. I find no official information aside from that post on how to obtain the SDK. So... I question whether it is appropriate for you to be posting a direct link to the installer file when the owners of said SDK have not done so, anywhere. I would think if they wanted it shared outside of the product, they would have done so themselves.

As for this:
explain yourself ...very carefully. :alert:
Is this a threat??

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
God help us... another update. Should we receive a request from Asobo or from Microsoft, we'll surely delete Gary's link. I've never read that the SDK can only be used by MSFS owners, or that accessing a link to it would violate any EULA or other description of terms of use. In fact, you cannot use the fspackagetool unless you have the sim on your computer.

Last edited:
Country
us-illinois
God help us... another update. Should we receive a request from Asobo or from Microsoft, we'll surely delete Gary's link. I've never read that the SDK can only be used by MSFS owners, or that accessing a link to it would violate any EULA or other description of terms of use. In fact, you cannot use the fspackagetool unless you have the sim on your computer.

Now I wonder if I should have posted the heads-up on this latest SDK, considering the recent issues with core content / SDK updates and CTDs etc. :oops: :laughing:

Since AFAIK, one should install the SDK without MSFS-2020 running, I thought publicly sharing the URL where MSFS downloaded the SDK from was OK.

The URL was posted in the belief that it was the same for- and only useful for- licensed owners of MSFS-2020.

I got that impression from this thread: ;)

...and this thread:

I hope my posted link above saves FS Developers time waiting for 'mandatory' updates via MS Store, loading of a FS flight session etc. ...to get a SDK update.

AFAIK, FireFox > Tools > Downloads > Copy Download Link should not be disclosing anything proprietary or restricted.

IIUC, if such a link works ...it works, and anyone allowing a download would obfuscate URLs they wanted restricted or configured on a per-user basis. :scratchch

Of course, if you are alluding to something different, Ed, this would be an opportune time for you to explain yourself ...very carefully. :alert:

GaryGB

BTW: I am not a programmer, but IIUC, in an "If ...Then" conditional test, logically, if Ed was not alluding to something different, this would not be an opportune time for him to explain himself ...very carefully.

And an "If ...Then" conditional test, logically would not be regarded as something threatening. :pushpin:

Of course, I suppose some might find queries potentially ...perilous. :rotfl:

GaryGB

Last edited:

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Irrespective of the 'rights and wrongs' it seem less than ideal to provide a direct link in this way. I agree that any person with MSFS can download the SDK. I agree that the SDK is not much use without MSFS but nevetheless if MS had intended it to be downloaded other than via the sim then they would offer it. I am closing this thread now since it is not likely to go anywhere useful

Status
Not open for further replies.