• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS MSFS Toolkit by Nool Aerosystems

Country
france
The cmd command line is : msfs aerial -border "Source\Polygon Meyenheim.kml" -imagery "Source\*.tif" -res 0.5 "PackageSources\aerial\tiles"

Thanks

Country
unitedstates
I just wanted to say this tool is incredible. Had a bit of a learning curve for me but I was able to get some 1 meter LIDAR data in for my airport and the terrain now matches real life. I had already manually done some terraform rectangles before finding this tool as there is a hilly area next to the runway that I was trying to re-create. I had done "ok" but using this tool and the data it now looks like my reference photos! All of the little slopes next to the taxiways and ramps are there! Thanks so much for your awesome toolset!

Attachments

• Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-1_16_2022-5_51_54-PM.jpg
    Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-1_16_2022-5_51_54-PM.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 18
  • Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-1_16_2022-5_52_34-PM.jpg
    Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-1_16_2022-5_52_34-PM.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 18
  • Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-1_16_2022-5_53_26-PM.jpg
    Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-1_16_2022-5_53_26-PM.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 16
  • Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-1_16_2022-5_55_10-PM.jpg
    Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-1_16_2022-5_55_10-PM.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 14
  • Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-1_16_2022-5_55_42-PM.jpg
    Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-1_16_2022-5_55_42-PM.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 15
Country
unitedstates
Following up on my last post I am having problems compiling my airport now after adding in the elevation data. The elevations look great when I am in DevMode and in the scenery editor. As soon as I click save scenery though in the sim the package will not build anymore and gives me an error. I can then run the MSFS Toolkit and compile the elevations again and it creates the airport xml file again and that one I can build a package without errors. Basically I am able to build the xml after I run the msfs elev tool from the toolkit but as soon as I click save scenery in the scenery editor in the SDK the file will no longer compile. I don't even have to edit anything in the scenery editor. Just one click of save scenery and it will no longer compile. Anyone have any solution to this? I have attached screenshots below of when I first build the package after running the msfs elev toolkit and then the console log after I have saved the scenery in the editor and it will no longer build.

Attachments

• Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-1_16_2022-11_01_08-PM.jpg
    Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-1_16_2022-11_01_08-PM.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 7
  • Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-1_16_2022-11_16_11-PM.jpg
    Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-1_16_2022-11_16_11-PM.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 7
Country
norway
Following up on my last post I am having problems compiling my airport now after adding in the elevation data. The elevations look great when I am in DevMode and in the scenery editor. As soon as I click save scenery though in the sim the package will not build anymore and gives me an error. I can then run the MSFS Toolkit and compile the elevations again and it creates the airport xml file again and that one I can build a package without errors. Basically I am able to build the xml after I run the msfs elev tool from the toolkit but as soon as I click save scenery in the scenery editor in the SDK the file will no longer compile. I don't even have to edit anything in the scenery editor. Just one click of save scenery and it will no longer compile. Anyone have any solution to this? I have attached screenshots below of when I first build the package after running the msfs elev toolkit and then the console log after I have saved the scenery in the editor and it will no longer build.
The last few months, Asobo has set a maximum line length for the XML. Paavo has created a fix for this, but this is not yet released. I don't know why, but if you're into git, you can try and download the master branch from here: https://github.com/noolaero/msfs-toolkit

Issue: https://github.com/noolaero/msfs-toolkit/issues/1

Country
unitedstates
The last few months, Asobo has set a maximum line length for the XML. Paavo has created a fix for this, but this is not yet released. I don't know why, but if you're into git, you can try and download the master branch from here: https://github.com/noolaero/msfs-toolkit

Issue: https://github.com/noolaero/msfs-toolkit/issues/1
Thank you! That appears to have been the issue. I downloaded the master branch and the file compiles again after saving in the scenery editor! I would have never found this solution as I am not really a big Github user. Now I will make my edits again that I was working on and save and hopefully it will keep working!