• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX Multiple substitute

Hi Don

First of all, THANKS for this extraordinary tool, which I use daily for my AI traffic.

I have a question/request on the "Substitute"-function on the Aircraft List of a flightplan:

Already it is possible to choose multiple aircraft from the Aircraft List, but if I go on "Substitute" and choose another plane only one plane will be substituded and the other marked not.

Could it be possible to implement this function to multiple selected airplanes?

Regards
Alex

gadgets

Resource contributor
I expect it's possible, Alex, but "off-the-top", it doesn't sound like a very useful feature. Can you give me an example of the circumstances it would be useful?

Don

Hi Don
Thanks for you quick reply.
Well, there are airlines with lots of the same aircraft type but with different liveries. Me, and I believe maybe some other simmers are not willing to
install each and every different airplane texture listened in the flightplan. So thats why I often put the same plane for different painted planes.
Or in some flightplans the aircraft are listened separately with each own registration but actually the livery is the same, so why not to be able to
select all those and put one livery for all.

I hope you understand where my answer is going.

Regards
Alex

gadgets

Resource contributor
Please excuse my skepticism. In the eight years since I first introduced AIFP, I don't recall anyone asking for multiple substitution.

I've had a look at the code and adding that feature seems relatively straightforward. I'll see what I can do for the next release.

Don

Hey Don
You dont have to excuse. You have the right to ask why I "request" that. Everybody uses the AIFP in its kind of way and needs.
If you can add this functionality I would be more of glad. You are always looking to please any user and always try to have solutions for any problems. Thats what I like of you as person and developer.

I let surprise me.
Thanks again.
Regards
Alex

gadgets

Resource contributor
Alex, the attached special development release (3.1.20(f1)) should accomplish what you want. Please install and confirm both that it meets your needs and does not "break" single substitute.

Don

Attachments

• aifp3120(f1).zip
    515.6 KB · Views: 168
Hi Don
I installed your new version. It works perfectly:)
Thank you very much. You are like "Alladin" who makes whishes come true.....

Just another note, nothing to do with this version: Double clicking onan plane in the AIRCRAFT LIST the Aircraft Editor opens. Now, since some of your developement versions BOTH the AIRCRAFT FOLDER link and
the AIRCRAFT TITLE on Aircraft List Data are blue highlightened. Versions before just the Aircraft Title was blue highlightened and so easy to copy for further use. I prefer this option just the aircraft title blue highlightened and not also the Path where the texture is located...but this just my shy opinion...

Thank you again
Alex

gadgets

Resource contributor
Thanks for the kudos.

Re your second paragraph, not sure I can do anything about it since my code doesn't call for it in the first place. But, I agree is shouldn't happen and will see what I can do about it.

Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
The latest Development Release clears the highlight in the Title combobox. Thanks for letting me know about the issue.

Don