• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Music file access?

Country
unitedkingdom
(I've reposted this as I had mistakenly posted in the wrong forum subject)

I've been using AIFP34313 for quite a while but have started getting an error message I've not seen before.

The program starts okay but as soon as I try to load aircraft, open BGL etc I get an error saying 'C:\User\Documents\My Music is denied'
I've never seen this before and unsure why it's suddenly started with this error... why is it trying to access my music files?

I'm confused!

Any help would be much appreciated

(I've done the usual reinstall clean version etc, checked through the INI with no mention of 'music' anywhere)

=rk=

Resource contributor
Country
us-washington
It is probably an aircraft model that calls the music file. You’d want to arbitrarily divide your added aircraft files in half, try both sides and if one half does not initiate the error, go from there.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
AIFP has no reason to call My Music directly. As Rick suggests, this is likely an issue with a recently installed/used-for-the-first-time aircraft.

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
And I don't think that My Music is normally a protected folder? If not, do you have AIFP installed in any Program Files folder? If so, it may be your OS keeping AIFP from accessing folders.

Country
unitedkingdom
After an eternity I did yet another reinstall and during the initial start up I received a message of 'The folder you previously designated for saving repaints E:\P3D\AI Flight Planner\Repaints no longer exists. It has been reset to the default folder'

That's fine but I'm guessing it's defaulting to my music folder as I'm getting the same error message.

I've spent a very long time going through setting/ option and can't find anywhere to select folders etc. and now it may be a case of not seeing the wood for the trees!!

Ideas?

=rk=

Resource contributor
Country
us-washington
Yes! Do not change your software configuration, based on a guess! That way, we don't even have to explore why a "default folder," would not be part of the AIFP hierarchy, but instead, your MY Music folder. I am guessing you did not try to isolate an offending aircraft, but that you instead uninstalled and reinstalled AIFP.

You message that the software starts ok. Is it not it possible for you to designate a folder for AI Flight Planner\Repaints that is not the My Music folder? It seems like an intuitive thing to do, if that is what you suspect. You couldn't just make an empty folder at "E:\P3D\AI Flight Planner\Repaints" and see what happens? Do you remember ever designating any folder for AIFP repaints? Have you ever made a repaint?

Because I am thinking, "maybe an aircraft repainter designated a 'My Music' folder, for the location of the needed repaint." Could you see how that could be an issue, possibly?

I'm sure it would be helpful to Don, as well as any other simmers encountering this issue, to provide feedback on advice and suggestions. If you declare a problem and then catalog all the steps you independently decide to perform without solution, it might seem more like a rant.

Country
unitedkingdom
I've not actually changed anything in the software configuration, I was just looking through the INI and options to see if anything stood out.
I know my way around most things on the PC but I never make arbitrary changes unless I am absolutely sure what I'm doing.

I removed all aircraft with the intention of slowly adding them back to see where the issue might be but can't get that far. As soon as I click on 'add aircraft' regardless of add single, add bulk or add list I get this 'My Music' folder message.

I did a file search on my entire PC and there is nothing showing up listed as 'my music' even the default file is listed as 'Music' so where this 'My Music' file is coming from I have no idea.

You asked if I recall designating any folders - the answer is no. Also I've never made a repaint.

I had already tried your suggestion of creating a 'Repaints' folder within AIFP but it made no difference.

It is going to be very interesting to find out why this has just started happening!

Country
unitedkingdom
Well now I'm REALLY confused.

I kept persisting with adding aircraft and added just 1 single AI aircraft.... and no error.
I got bold and hit 'add bulk' - not a single error so went a step further and created a flight from one airport to another.. created and the aircraft was on stand ready to go so everything is as it should be!

My head hurts now!!