• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v4 no AI on VVPC

Attachments

• AIFP Airport editor VVPC.jpg
    AIFP Airport editor VVPC.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 45

gadgets

Resource contributor
It's not clear what the referenced post (which deals with no traffic at an airport) has to do with the Airport Editor. But, to answer your specific question, yes, it's normal if you haven't included the addon-airport via the Collect Airports function.

Well, I already included the addon airport and updated the airport list.dat but AIFP still refers to the default ones.
The reason for my referring you to this other thread is that I included the AIFP traffic file and the ad4 file for the VVPC airport in there.
It must be specific for this airport as the other airports in the traffic file all show AI.
Hence my invoking your expertise in AI matters.

gadgets

Resource contributor
It must be specific for this airport as the other airports in the traffic file all show AI
The AIFP Airport Editor isn't going to tell you much of use in such an issue - irrespective of which airport (i.e. stock/addon is displayed.) Assuming the stock and addon airports are located near each other (i.e., in the same sector, it won't matter to which one AIFP refers.) Are they co-located? If not, how far apart are they? If you open AirportList.dat (its a text file and fine the ICAO, you can see where AIFP is sending the AI.

This is where it goes to:
Vietnam|Dinh Binh|Phu Cat|Phu Cat army|N13* 56.9500'|E109* 02.7667'|31.09M||+|VVPC|UIH|||asia\scenery\AP977270.BGL|0903\scenery\APX77270.bgl
The addon airport is only slightly off.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Perhaps you haven't seen the recent posts about PV5 airports. I'm working diligently on an update to AIFP. But, as I said in that thread, it's a major change.

Of course I have seen it, Don. But I do not have v5. I am still on 4.5 and your AIFP works fine except for that particular airport.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Sorry. When I first checked a short while ago, I didn't find VVPC prior to PV5, so assumed you were using PV5. But, on checking again, I see it was in FSX (and all subsequent versions of Flightsim).

Please open AIFP/listAirportList_Addons.dat, and check that it contains an entry for VVPC. If it doesn't, then AIFP "knows"" nothing more about the airport than stock data. If there is an entry, please send it to me along with the entry from AIFP/listAirportList.dat as well.

But, since both stock and add-on airports are within few cm. of each other and, presumably, share the same ICAO code, it's not clear how AIFP could be implicated in this issue. AIFP simply sends the AI to the sector boundary. It's up to Flightsim to take it from there.

Thanks, Don.
The addon airport VVPC is both in the airportlist.dat and in the addon airport list.dat.
So I think you are right in suspecting it is a P3D problem as I wondered myself also.