• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

No runway light hardware visible in daylight.

Country
unitedkingdom
I can see the runway lights on approach at night, no problem. However, I can't see the actual light fittings every few metres either side of the runway in daylight, nothing there, just the runway edge. It's the same for the taxiway, no light fittings.
Airport was made in ADE (ProKey) and my runways have the runway lights shown and listed.
Any ideas? Thanks.

FSXAcc

The default lights that you are using have no light object models included. So you see nothing in daytime. You can either model them and place them including some light effect so that the lights are visible at night or you can use a tool called Airfield Lights which will create simple light models, help you with placement, and give you options for type of light effects. This tool is available here: Airfield Lights Toolbox

Ed

Hi Ed, thank you for that advice. A fantastic little utility, it did the job in minutes after I had read the manual. A little trial and error and job done.
Thanks again, much appreciated.

Back