• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX No SODE Objects

Country
us-northcarolina
I have setup a "new" (to me) computer I was given with Windows 10 OS; successfully with some patience installed my FSX-SP1-SP2 and all is well. I installed my addon airports which I created again successfully. Both airports have SODE Beacon that Tom Gibson created for me in another thread here that worked beautifully in my FSX on the Windows 7 OS machine. I downloaded and installed the SODE program from 12bpilot but it did not generate either Simobject or XML folders which I copied from the Windows 7 laptop but the SODE beacons do not show at either airport nor does the windsocks. Can anyone explain why?

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
I suggest you read what is required to run any and all applications, such as the .NET programs, etc.

Country
us-northcarolina
thanks Doug, but Microsoft.net V4.8 is installed and working. I have also downloaded and installed DirectX and Visual C++ with still no luck. Any other ideas please? The computer works fine and is Windows 10 PRo 64bit OS came installed. It also worked perfectly on the Windows 7 machine with FSX Acceleration.

Last edited:
Country
us-northcarolina
I installed Model Converter X this morning and it prompted me to download all kinds of Microsoft software which I did all of and it is working great. I was hoping that that would fix the iinvisible SODE objects. I even downloaded the latest version of SODE and ran it which did a repair, found no FSX.cfg in FSX so I copied it from the App Roaming etc. and pasted it into FSX but still nothing. I hope that someone here can give me a fix because it is really disappointing since my Windows 7 was a real "plug n play" SODE download. I would go back to the laptop but it is really a "weak sister" to this desktop I was so graciously given and so excited about with its 1 Terrabyte of memory and 8 GB ram.

Last edited:
Country
us-northcarolina
I am back to this problem again. I have to use the Dell desktop now because the laptop screen is shot. Every program works even FSX works perfectly on my Dell Optiplex 990 LFF Desktop computer. All my scenery displays as well EXCEPT for the SODE objects. All the sim objects are there and all the xml code is there. It is where it belongs in Program Data 12bpilot. I just don't know why the SODE objects don't show up. I made sure that the paths are correct in the fsx.cfg for SODE. Usually when I have a brainstorm its a thunderstorm with lightening not a nice shower, but this time it worked. I opened up my working Windows 7 and copied down the files from the SODE Folders: Program Data and Program(86) and replaced the discombobulated ones in Windows 10. Now it should work right? Yes it does. All the SODE objects are where they belong and work. Thank you LORD, Amen!

Last edited:
Country
us-northcarolina
Today I checked out a couple of airports that I created and shared and the SODE windsocks lay on the ground until you get closer to them when they appear normal on the pole. The beacons which are also custom SODE are just fine. Is this a Windows 10 issue because it was not happening in Windows 7. I have SP1A and SP2 installed because I heard that Acceleration has issues in Windows 10 for some people. I don't need the added Acceleration addons. Any ideas or fixes if any?

Last edited: