• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Non-Autogen Default Objects

Messages
64
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Arno

You prepared that file for ObjPlacer with the default autogen objects which has proved very useful. Is there an equivalent file for default non-autogen objects or is there a way I can extract them from the MS files.

There is an ILS box with tower and cones for the default CYVR which I would like to use. I am using an API by Kern Pegg which is very good but I am struggling to keep frame rates down and would like a GMAX replacement if available.

Nigel
Vancouver
 
Hi Nigel,

I assume you mean the API pack I made? I think there are some other downloads like this that offer other default objects (on AvSim) but I can't remember the names.

Is using XML code to place them no option for you? In that case you can just use ObPlacer XML for example. It has about 200 default objects added by default.
 
Hi Arno

I seem to spend my design time going around in circles one way or another, ending up where I started and too blind to see the obvious! I found a posting by yourself at the AVSIM design forum on April 22 this year in response to "Searching ILS LOC & GS antennas". You had exactly the answer I was looking for -

SCO_gen_checkershed c545a27011d2e2ec1000849c2ae60c5a
SCO_gen_ilstransmitter 7328626911d303801000859c2ae60c5a

And I find you already have these in your list of ObjPlacer althought they didn't have any pics. I think I tried one of them before but it didn't show up in my scenery. Well, I have tried again and they are showing up just great -thx very much for your input, I am slowly getting the hang of XML.

Nigel
 
Back
Top