• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FS2004 Odd Problem

Country
us-texas
Have run into a problem with the package the MAIW AMC West C5. In AIFP v 2.2.08, I create a flight plan for the C5. Load FS2004, and there it sits. Problem: I notice my hard drive starts to continuously "read", if that is the correct word. The yellow light shines steadily. Then the computer will shut down. Restart - and again the C5 is viewed.

Today I noticed this using AIFP and wondered if this could be the problem. How can I remove the folder in the red box? I cannot even find it. Notice the blue box is the same. I completely removed the AMC West folder in the aircraft folder in FS2004. But that did not help. When I click the folder in Red, a window pops up stating No AI Aircraft In Folder. Any suggestions how I can correct this? FS2004 will not shut down properly unless I remove the C5 flight plan.

Another note: If I create 3-4 flight plans, I will only see 2 C5's. Any C5 I select from AMC West has same result.
Appreciate any help. Same message found in MAIW Forum. Told to ask Don.

Attachments

• Odd  Problem.jpg
    Odd Problem.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 297
  • Picture 2.jpg
    Picture 2.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 301

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
I'm not familiar with MAIW packages (somebody who is, please jump in) but the folder structure shown in your screenshots seems rather unusual.

I suspect FS9 has become confused trying to access the C5. I doubt the traffic file is the problem.

I'd be inclined to delete the whole C5 folder and start again, installing in the aircraft folder only those items that traditionally belong there. Presumably scenery and effects are intended to go elsewhere.

Don

Country
england
I suspect that you have downloaded the whole C5 package into your aircraft folder.
What I do is download MAIW packages to a MAIW folder outside of FltSim. Then move all of the individual folders to their correct folders within FltSim.
So anything inside the MAIW aircraft folder move to inside your fltsim aircraft folder.
Anything inside your addon Scenery folder should be moved to your fltsim scenery and texture folder or an appropriate scenery\Texture folder and so on.

The C5 scenery folder contains the flt plans which should go into your scenery\World\scenery folder

Dave Butler

Country
us-texas
Hey David,
I do the same thing as you do. The only difference is - I only install the aircraft and the effects.
I corrected the problem that was outlined in red. But the crashes continue.
Have reinstalled new downloads several times to no avail.
Thanks to both of you for the reply's.