• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3Dv4-Compatible SAMM Version 2.2.08 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
I have just uploaded SAMM version 1.0.00 to Avsim, Flightsim and Simviation.

Current users of a development release should be advised of the update the next time they start SAMM.

Enjoy,
Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
I uploaded SAMM 1.0.01 yesterday but, it seems, there a problem. So, I've withdrawn that release while I investigate.

Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
I have just uploaded SAMM 1.0.02. The update should be automatically detected and downloaded by existing users. If not, it can be downloaded from here.

Enjoy,
Don

Country
us-northcarolina
Don ,

I have 3 zip files saved , SAMM 1000 , SAMM 1002 and SAMM 1003 .
Which one should I install ?

Thanks , Leon

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
I have just uploaded SAMM 1.0.04. Now, when you create a library, SAMM will also create a library description file (library_name.txt) and save it with the .bgl. This file will allow FS9 object placement utilities to display the names of the models rather than their Guids. Also, for FSX users, this version treats .dds files as substitutes for their .bmp counterparts.

The update should be automatically detected and downloaded by existing users. If not, it can be downloaded from here.

Enjoy,
Don

Country
us-california
I have just uploaded SAMM 1.0.04. Now, when you create a library, SAMM will also create a library description file (library_name.txt) and save it with the .bgl. This file will allow FS9 object placement utilities to display the names of the models rather than their Guids.

The library list .txt file also works with Instant Scenery 2 in FSX.

Cheers
Gary

Hi Don,

Wanted to wish you a nice week you have ahead or whatever your plans are but I am afraid your update does not work for me.
I updated to 1.0.0.4 and unzipped, overwriting existing folders.
My desktop disappeared and I had to restart Vista through the task manager (CTRL-ALT-DEL).
I then wanted to unzip the update again but it was refused as the program was still running.
I finally managed to get it updated (well, at least it says I load the 1.0.04 version) but when I cick make library and shift-click all the previously made mdl's and then give the name static_aircraft as a library name, the program says it is done.
However, updating the ADE LOM with the new library gives me once more a static_aircraft library but with the names static_aircraft.bgl001, static_aircraft_bgl002, etc. And that way I still do not know which is which.
Appreciate your efforts and wish you a happy stay away anyway.
At least, you have something to do when you come back home :)!

Rob

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
I updated to 1.0.0.4 and unzipped, overwriting existing folders.
My desktop disappeared and I had to restart Vista through the task manager (CTRL-ALT-DEL).
I then wanted to unzip the update again but it was refused as the program was still running.
Did you close SAMM before overwriting the old folders/files?

I finally managed to get it updated (well, at least it says I load the 1.0.04 version)
If it says 1.0.04, then it's updated.

However, updating the ADE LOM with the new library gives me once more a static_aircraft library but with the names static_aircraft.bgl001, static_aircraft_bgl002, etc. And that way I still do not know which is which.
I have no idea whether or not the ADE library manager understands library description files. (The library description file is a FS9 "thing". It relates Guid to model name - because that isn't done in the .bgl file. FSX .bgl files, on the other hand, include that information.) Because ADE was first introduced for FSX, perhaps Jon didn't include the FS9 object-name-from-description-file capability. You may have to resort to naming the models yourself in ADE. (Presumably, the index numbers reflect the order in the XML file. Have you ever attempted to place other FS9 library objects with ADE. If so, what happened then?

The library description file exists in the same folder as SAMM placed the library .bgl. That's all I can do. We know it works for IS - and, therefore, presumably also for EZ scenery. If ADE doesn't recognize it, perhaps a post in the ADE forum would prompt the answers you are looking for. If ADE does accommodate library desription files but needs a different format, please send me the required format and I'll see what I can do to generate an alternate deswcription file.

Don

Country
us-california
Hi Don,
I opened SAMM and allowed the SAMM1004 update download to my SAMM folder, unpacked it there overwriting the previous files without issues in XP-Pro.

Then I converted 15 aircraft with no error messages of any kind, and compiled a library with no issues at all.

When opened in FSX, the aircraft were listed by their names in the IS2 UI, and all showed up perfectly in FSX with Instant Scenery 2.

I am wondering if Roby removed his earlier attempts, could he be opening the same static_aircraft.bgl he made with the previous version? Anything can happen when the same library name is used with various versions.

Roby,
can you verify you have cleared out the old files in the SAMM folder and wherever you place the files for use with A.D.E.?

There may be leftover files in the SAMM\Models folder, the SAMM\Libraries folder, and in the main SAMM program folder with the same name as you are still using for your library "static_aircraft".

While you have the option to download the update directly to the SAMM folder and overwrite the previous version, SAMM1004 is a complete download and does not require a previous installation.

How about removing your current SAMM folder, and everything you have created and tried with A.D.E. so far to a separate folder somewhere as an archive of what you did with the earlier version?
Then unzip the SAMM1004.zip, place it in your Program Files folder and then you will be starting clean.

EDIT
: The .txt file SAMM1004 creates and names for the library .bgl will be in the scenery folder for your library.

Cheers
Gary

Last edited:
Hi Don, hi Gary,

Tks for the efforts.
I think, Don, you hit the nail on the head, as we say.
I do indeed have the same problem with other fs9 object libraries.
I thought it would be a minor thing to change but it seems to be more complicated to implement than I thought.
As said before it is only a very minor inconvenience as it easily remedied by adding a friendly name in the LOM from the txt file that SAMM includes. It just takes a small extra step.
Regarding the update installing issue:
Yes, I closed SAMM before unzipping the new version. I think I mentioned it before (in relation to the first AIFPv2's) that the process keeps active when checking in the task manager. I have to kill the process in there before I can install the new files. But that is perhaps a Vista quirk.

Roby

Last edited:

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
I have just uploaded SAMM 1.0.05. I fixes all reported issues. As well, it allows you to optionally specify night textures and re-instates the crash-code feature.

The update should be automatically detected and downloaded by existing users. If not, it can be downloaded from here.

Best Holiday wishes for all,
Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Thanks, George. I forgot to update the update control file.

Should be OK now.

Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
I have just uploaded SAMM 1.0.06. It fixes an exception that was thrown if SAMM was unable to find the aircraft folders. As well, for those regional settings that use a comma (",") as a decimal separator, the comma will be replaced with a period (".") which is required by the compiler.

Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Sorry, folks. I thought I'd fixed the "decimal separator" problem in version 1.06. But, upon checking the code, I discovered a typo that resulted in replacing apostrophies (') rather than commas (,) with a period (.). Of course, not many languages use an apostrophie as a decimal separator.

I'll get a fix out shortly.

Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
I have just uploaded SAMM 1.0.07. This time it really does replace commas used as decimal separator, with periods. That's the only change.

Don

Status
Not open for further replies.