• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v5 Placing higher resolution photoscenery bgl over lower resolution photoscenery bgl

MatthiasKNU

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Hello everyone!

I have a little problem and am in need of help... :p

I have created my photo sceneries for parts of Europe - so far so good.
Now that winter is coming, it is noticeable that everything around Addon Airports is of course white.
In my photo sceneries, however, winter is only in January, which is much more realistic, and thanks to my own seasons.bgl this doesn't cause any problems otherwise.

Now I thought I could create my own small photo sceneries around it for the airports, which therefore have a faulty white photo scenery.
This is also no problem at first.

But when I then move the new photo scenery into the airport's folder, I notice that the scenery is only displayed correctly in the vicinity.
In a little distance the lower-resolution photo scenery underneath is displayed.

Now I only know one solution for this, namely to create the blendmask of the underlying photo scenery in such a way that the airports are faded out.
But since the underlying scenery is quite large, this is hardly possible.

Are there other ways to correctly display the high resolution photo scene above the low resolution scene?

I hope I was able to describe the problem in an understandable way...
Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

So your BGL has a higher resolution than the one you try to replace? If I remember correctly it is the alphabetic order that determines in which order they are loaded. So you might need to change your name to reverse the loading order.

MatthiasKNU

Resource contributor
Country
germany
That was it, thank you so much!
I knew it was gonna be kind of easy...

Last edited:

MatthiasKNU

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Hello everyone!

I think I need your help again.
I have two LOD15-photosceneries for the same area.

Scenery 1 covers a big area, but the colors are not really good and it is resampled with a low compression rate. (Named z_PHO.bgl)
Scenery 2 covers a small area with good colors and has been resampled with a high compression rate. (Named a_PHO.bgl)

The 2 bgls are as the are, so I can't change the bgls itself anymore.
The 2 bgls are in the same folder. But I also tried to put scenery 2 in a seperate scenery folder and added it above scenery 1 in the scenery library.

In any case, the problem is that scenery 2 disappears as you approach, and scenery 1 becomes visible.

What can I do so that Scenery 2 is visible and remains visible, i.e. has a higher priority than Scenery 1?

Thanks a lot everyone!
Best regards
Matthias