• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Country
brazil
My friend helped me with the PBR. The only thing that needs to be done now is linking the effects (ext lights) with the cockpit knobs. Anyone have a clue of some guide to do it?

Attachments

• Prepar3D 2022-06-19 14-27-45.png
    Prepar3D 2022-06-19 14-27-45.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 86
  • Prepar3D 2022-06-19 14-27-52.png
    Prepar3D 2022-06-19 14-27-52.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 85
  • Prepar3D 2022-06-19 14-28-49.png
    Prepar3D 2022-06-19 14-28-49.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 92

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
Are the effects attached to the model or in the aircraft.cfg file?

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
1. Click the Display Attached Objects button if not already selected.
2. Open the Hierarchy Editor. Check the Highlight Selected box if not already checked.
3. Find an Attached Effect in the listing. You can do a search for what you called them if you need to. When selected, it will turn yellow on the main screen.
4. On the right panel, click on the line below the words Visibility Conditions.
5. Choose the proper condition for your light. Light_landing_vis for landing lights, light_taxi_vis for taxi lights, etc.
6. Repeat for all attached lights.

Hope this helps,

Country
brazil
2. Open the Hierarchy Editor. Check the Highlight Selected box if not already checked.
3. Find an Attached Effect in the listing. You can do a search for what you called them if you need to. When selected, it will turn yellow on the main screen.
5. Choose the proper condition for your light. Light_landing_vis for landing lights, light_taxi_vis for taxi lights, etc.

Hope this helps,
I will try it out and update soon. thanks!

Country
brazil

Hope this helps,
1656211309345.png

bro, i tried doing what u told me, but, when i was about to put the visibility conditions, the one included in 747 from pmdg was "custom_vis_taxilightsInstalled_72". So i went to internet, searched about it and found out to edit the XML. i did it, and now its as i sent but still not working. any idea?

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
Hi,

Perhaps changing it to the standard visibility condition might help? I also found that the code used for P3D was much more picky than for FSX and FS9. This worked for me for the landing lights, change the part name and the variable used to convert it to a taxi light condition.

XML:
    <PartInfo> <!-- used for Attached Object landing lights - controlled by a landing light switch. -->
        <Name>landing_light_p3d</Name>
        <AnimLength>100</AnimLength>
        <Visibility>
            <Parameter>
                <Code>
                    (A:LIGHT LANDING, bool)
                </Code>
            </Parameter>
        </Visibility>
    </PartInfo>

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
Here is my original discussion about it.

Country
brazil
Here is my original discussion about it.

bro maybe by reading it i solved ( beacon worked right, need to test others) but ill do it soon, thanks in advance <3

Country
thailand
View attachment 82670

bro, i tried doing what u told me, but, when i was about to put the visibility conditions, the one included in 747 from pmdg was "custom_vis_taxilightsInstalled_72". So i went to internet, searched about it and found out to edit the XML. i did it, and now its as i sent but still not working. any idea?
1656599425081.png

in pmdg 744, there's an option to select whether u have taxi lights installed or not (if yes, you'll be able to use the lights. simple)
you can try vanilla visibility conditions as being told or tinker the modeldef so u got pmdg visibility condition.
luckily, the vanilla light visibility condition also links to switchs of pmdg 747 systems which is great. (why no taxi light installed while u can force it to be installed for free in sim, right?)
about the splash, I use dynamic lightings (it always light up the ground...and the vc...)

finally make sure the lights you made has green axis pointing out to the direction for the light to illuminate (while using vanilla fx_landing.fx)
(if u dont get "enough" splash, use FSLabs Spotlights.)
1656599797000.png

(bruh i did convert that sp for myself. *thinking of making logo light that's attached to elevator using fx_landing also but no time for that rn*.)
ED : as you said u gotta merge it with pmdg, i've done it before and it works rlly well, here's my guide
-use pmdg cfg+fde. this time it fits perfectly with the model without moving a thing. (even contact points)(contains built-in vc-lightning effects inside)
-i use beacon linked from [lights] section from aircraft.cfg rather than attachpoint. it's not moving anywhere unlike wing-attached nav lights and landing lights which as i said, green axis thing.
-utilize vanilla lightning visiblity conditions. as i said above again, it's linked.
-fslabs spotlights if not enough illuminating

Last edited:
Country
brazil
View attachment 82743
in pmdg 744, there's an option to select whether u have taxi lights installed or not (if yes, you'll be able to use the lights. simple)
you can try vanilla visibility conditions as being told or tinker the modeldef so u got pmdg visibility condition.
luckily, the vanilla light visibility condition also links to switchs of pmdg 747 systems which is great. (why no taxi light installed while u can force it to be installed for free in sim, right?)
about the splash, I use dynamic lightings (it always light up the ground...and the vc...)

finally make sure the lights you made has green axis pointing out to the direction for the light to illuminate (while using vanilla fx_landing.fx)
(if u dont get "enough" splash, use FSLabs Spotlights.)
View attachment 82744
(bruh i did convert that sp for myself. *thinking of making logo light that's attached to elevator using fx_landing also but no time for that rn*.)
ED : as you said u gotta merge it with pmdg, i've done it before and it works rlly well, here's my guide
-use pmdg cfg+fde. this time it fits perfectly with the model without moving a thing. (even contact points)(contains built-in vc-lightning effects inside)
-i use beacon linked from [lights] section from aircraft.cfg rather than attachpoint. it's not moving anywhere unlike wing-attached nav lights and landing lights which as i said, green axis thing.
-utilize vanilla lightning visiblity conditions. as i said above again, it's linked.
-fslabs spotlights if not enough illuminating
bro, thank you evry much for your reply. I've been busy but i now could calmly read it. the beacon worked in cockpit but the landing didnt. (idk why) also i tried to use default vis conditions but only these were showing ( i remember default ones used to be here, but now dont)

Attachments

• 1657335074931.png
    1657335074931.png
    41.4 KB · Views: 57
Country
vietnam
This has now been done and shared & is the official Porsky version with full permission from Hisoshi