• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Post 3.2.22.1 FSX no AI found

After installing 3.2.22.1 my FSx installation does not find any AI repaints.
FS9 & P3Dv4.5 works just fine.

My AI repaints are kept separately in F:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Commercial AI

Moving them into F:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes

still doesn't find them
FSX.cfg is in the correct place and refers corrctly to the directories.

Any ideas.

Jim

Hello, I have an odd problem. I posted it here as it is similar but a different sim. I have used AIFP extensively to install flightplans for years. I have been using it regularly with P3D v5 HF2. It was working great today and I have had no issues in the past. When I see an update is posted, I download it and install it and everything runs very smoothly. However, I tried to install some plans late today, but instead of reading AI aircraft from my large stable of AI, AIFP now points to the default P3Dv5 simobjects location. My AI is installed outside the sim in C:\P3D Addons\Aircraft. I have not had any problem with installation of plans until today. But I cannot find in the manual how to point to the location outside the sim and AIFP will only allow me to select aircraft within the simobjects folder (default aircraft). I have no idea what's going on that led to the change. Running 3.2.22.3 I have no hair to pull out, otherwise............
I did make some changes today to the AI folder today through the Lorby Add-on Organizer. But the folder structure is EXACTLY the same. I've never seen this before. Thanks for your superb tool and any help you can provide is appreciated.

gadgets

Resource contributor
My AI is installed outside the sim in C:\P3D Addons\Aircraft
Have you "told" PV5 where those aircraft are (by an entry in ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v5\simobjects.cfg) or otherwise noted them in an add-on?

Sorry, for the reply to my post. I just added an entry to the simobject.cfg and voila. Ha, you beat me to it Don. Thanks, I completely wiffed on that. Thanks for the quick reply, I would truly be lost without AIFP in my FS world.