• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Quality Wings 146 gauge edit.

Hello Everyone,

I have a 146 simulator using a generic 146 platform that gives pretty good flying characteristics...but not great.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9p2l7F6R7gChYU5j8phLzg

Some time ago, I bought a payware version of Quality wings 146 to play around with.

The other day I wondered if I could make a panel out of the QW gauges, using FS Panel studio to give me a different ADI etc...but found that the gauges, although transferred fine, would not operate.

I took it one step further and expanded and moved the existing gauges on the (existing) main QW146 panel bitmap, (using FS panel studio), to fit my flight instrument panel cutouts, and it all worked fine.

I found that all of my 836x joystick board connections worked, and before you know it i was up doing some airwork to see how the QW model handled...and it flew very well...so much so that I now want to make it my main simulator platform.

Here is my problem....

I have the real engine gauge canbus system connected up for N1, N2, TGT , WF etc...and all the gauges work perfectly fine and respond to throttle increase and decrease except for the the TGT gauges, they do absolutely nothing.

I am thinking that the computer output to the canbus set up is looking for EGT information as opposed to TGT and this could be the problem (?).

Is there anyway I can get these gauges to operate off of the Quality Wings product...maybe even edit the QW gauges if I could to show EGT instead of TGT?

Thanks!

Hello All,

I have since solved the initial problem by copying the EGT air file into the 'common' folder and now it works perfectly.

I now have an additional problem in attempting to get my MCP hardware to engage the autopilot.

When I select it on (the MCP) it will engage for a couple of seconds then disengage. The only way to keep the AP engaged is to select directly off the autopilot window using the mouse cursor.

I am thinking there has to be a way to get it to acknowledge the hardware, as it is obvious it is accepting the input form the (Virtual Avionics) MCP.

any thoughts on a workaround?

Jim