• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Report Bugs and Other Issues in Release 1.2 Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don

There was no timezones text folder in my download. I used the one from the last release and it worked. Collected addon airports just fine on my vista machine.

Bob

gadgets

Resource contributor
Thnaks for letting me know that the Vista problem is fixed, Bob. Re the missing timezones.txt, that file did not change. I''ve updated the archive file.

Don

hi Don,
i just installed v1.21
The programinterface shows v1.21 at the top, but the About reads: v 1.1

Regards
Bert

gadgets

Resource contributor
Thanks for letting me know, Bert. BTW, are you figure out why your new airports weren't working?

Don

Thanks for letting me know, Bert. BTW, are you figure out why your new airports weren't working?

Don

Hi Don,
After installing the next version after v1.12 and/or not using the region anymore the problem never showed up again.

Hower i have a new problem at the moment, but i don't think it is caused by AIFP.
But perhaps you can give me a hint for this one.
A lot of aircraft are showing up all at once at a ramp or are disappearing all at once.
So not a departure or arrival via a runway as planned.

Regards
Bert

Last edited:

gadgets

Resource contributor
AIFP version 1.22 should not be used to collect airports. It does not handle add-on files generated by AFX properly and there are some as-yet-unidentified other differences between the AirportList.dat generated by it and that generated by its predecessor using BGLAnalyse. I'll try to have a fix available later today.

Don

Don

I get no progress bar in v123,just that error as soon as I click GO. Again v121 and 122 would collect for me, though the 122 file did not work. Not sure about the email problem yet. I email from an xp machine, so I can't blame Vista for that. I use my Vista box for FSX and video work because it has a better cpu.

Bob

gadgets

Resource contributor
Bob, is the FS9 checkbox checked (even though the FS9 text box is blank)?

Don

EDIT: Don't bother checking. Found it!!

Last edited:
Don

Thanks, I'll try 1.24 when I get home from work. BTW, you have been really great about all this. Do my Visra problems help you at all? I hope I don't sound like I'm complaining, because I do like the program. I guess most are using XP, though. I will keep you posted.

Bob

Don
OK. After airports are collected, I get this error:Unable to build "AirportList.dat. Could not find file 'C:\Users\Bob\Downloads\AI_Flight_Planner_v124\Work\AirportList_fs9.dat.' I don't remember ever seeing an AirportList_FS9.dat file, and the WORK folder has always been empty until I save something.
If I have it look for all airports-FS9, FSX,and addons, it collects without errors, but addon airports are not there.

Bob

gadgets

Resource contributor
Sorry, Bob. Don't know why that didn't show up on my machine. Anyway, it's now fixed in Version 1.25.

EDIT: BTW, the FS9 file it was looking for is a dummy file (just a null) that is created because you didn't ask for FS9 airports to be included. If this new version still doen't collect your add-on airports, I'm going to need your "AirportsList.dat" to go any further.

Hopefully, this new version will do the trick. I've tried all the combinations and they all seem to do what I expect.

Don

Last edited:
Don

I've left you alone for a couple of days. One other small question. Aisort(and I suppose TDBB) required that two more parking spaces, than each type of aircraft in your FP, be present at each airport. I.E. if I had 3 737s in a flightplan, 5 parking places needed to be at the airport for the plane to show up. Is this true for AIFP?

Bob

gadgets

Resource contributor
Aisort(and I suppose TDBB) required that two more parking spaces, than each type of aircraft in your FP, be present at each airport. I.E. if I had 3 737s in a flightplan, 5 parking places needed to be at the airport for the plane to show up. Is this true for AIFP?
No. AIFP will schedule whatever traffic you specify. It's up to you to ensure adequate parking is available.

Don

Status
Not open for further replies.